The Front Porch : Hello

freedomfighter101

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2012
Hello,
i am trying to write a paper in which i have taken on the task of comparing Vodou ritual and spirituality with Native American spirituality. I am trying to find the similarities. I was hoping to show, through the similar histories of these two cultures of oppression and colonized "Christianization" and the forced nuclear family, how the introduction of Christianity and patriarchy were intentional attacks and attempts to destroy women-centered egalitarian societies. I am having trouble finding a lot of good information about Vodou such as the status of women and how it changed over time with regard to the oppression of Christianity, and specific references to times of break-away from the oppressor and the restoration of the status of women during that liberation. was vodou ever more woman based? Am I correct in saying that Vodou was born of oppression? What is the significance of the serpent and is it similar to the Christian understanding of the serpent or did christianity co-op your serpent idea and turn it around into something negative to discredit your religion like it always does? and does it compare similarly to the snake in Native American beliefs? Thank you

Hello,
i am trying to write a paper in which i have taken on the task of comparing Vodou ritual and spirituality with Native American spirituality. I am trying to find the similarities. I was hoping to show, through the similar histories of these two cultures of oppression and colonized "Christianization" and the forced nuclear family, how the introduction of Christianity and patriarchy were intentional attacks and attempts to destroy women-centered egalitarian societies. I am having trouble finding a lot of good information about Vodou such as the status of women and how it changed over time with regard to the oppression of Christianity, and specific references to times of break-away from the oppressor and the restoration of the status of women during that liberation. was vodou ever more woman based? Am I correct in saying that Vodou was born of oppression? What is the significance of the serpent and is it similar to the Christian understanding of the serpent or did christianity co-op your serpent idea and turn it around into something negative to discredit your religion like it always does? and does it compare similarly to the snake in Native American beliefs? Thank you

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome to Destee.com freedomfighter101, enjoy your stay and someone will probably assist you with this interesting subject. I would point out who, but that wouldn't be in good taste... be patient.

Peace In,

Am I correct in saying that Vodou was born of oppression?
as i understand it "vodou" is a continuation of the yoruba spiritual practices from west africa. african traditional religion.
maybe you want a different topic for your paper.

Hello,

Why not study history instead of taking the name "freedom fighter" with no knowledge of history at all. The serpent didn't come up out of christianity. Vodom was the only spiritual system to exist in this time frame that allowed our people in Haiti to beat the white man's @ss...and Napoleon's butt at that!! Islam, Judaism or Christianity did not allow our people to do this. Vodom was the only one!!! The next time, either put your photo up or just come out and say who you are since your writing reveals that anyway. If you come in here side ways, the people are going to treat you like that....which may explain why your post has no responses.

Hello,

Peace Freedomfighter101,

how can spiritualities be compared? Do you mean the concepts of spirituality?.. or their mythologies? Do you have any specific people in mind.. Native American is a pretty big blanket.. when you talk about Spirituality, you are talking about people.. so you're going to have get a bit more specific. And if this is a research paper, how do you already have what you hope to show before you have done the research? The conclusion is supposed to come through the research. You are supposed to discover your conclusion, not decide it ahead of time. Don't let your own beliefs/agenda blind you to the truth.

.. and welcome

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back