Black People : Hello Family ... I'm New!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Feb 3, 2005.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i chose anAfrican because i am an African, ethnically. politically, i am a staunch American (the original; not this modern day "stuff"). if you gottta go there, it's "american African", i.e. an African born in the geological americas. ("north american African" would also be ok, but i think it might be time to recognize that north+central+south=america. thus i feel the former to be more appropriate.)

i'm ok with "a Black Man", i'll bridle a bit (internally) with "Black American", and i'll come close to going ballistic with "African American". why? 3) like the french foreign legion; once you get here, you're an American; 2) dividing America into "[ethnic] Americans" led to the fragmentation that has enabled (and continues to enable) the invasion of America that we are "living" with (time for a constitutional convention to take our Nation back from the oligarchs!); and 1) the historical activities of my poor misrepresented and abused Nation (yup, i'm a full blooded "don't tread on me!" little-r republican [not to be confused with the GOP-type "RepugniKlan"!], as well as an honorably discharged enlisted veteran of the USAF.) around this planet makes me uncomfortable with saying "African" and "American" in the same breath. (hmmm ... <g> maybe a "top ten reasons why" list in the appropriate thread? `scuse!)

i chose anAfrican because i'm tired of, fed up with and all over done with the "divide and conquer" strategy that keeps This Earth's First People split up and disempowered. as long as that obtains, the freedom to continue to loot and pollute our Homeland will continue. (the "back to Africa" movement will resume spontaneously once Africa recalls Herself through reconnection of Her Children. it MUST begin as a "spiritual" thing, that is, through our individual remembrance of Ourselves to Ourself. it MUST NOT begin as a conscious effort to "take back our continent", or through a "radical activism"-type "Africans to/for/by/only Africans" ... yet - that will follow through the global consiousness of our re-acknowledging our African (-ness? -ality?) Self.

erk! as usual, i'm trying to say too much in one place. maybe i should have just dumped it all in my introduction and let y'all pick it apart and put it in the thread it should be in, since you know the community better than i do? (hint, hint! <g>LOL)

anyway, i think you get the idea. <g>

peace!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello and Welcome Again Brother anAfrican !!! :wave:

We really must stop meeting like this! :love:

Such a wonderful introduction! You have me excited, wanting to read more of you !!!

I have copied the post above, from the "How and Why Did You Pick Your Name?" thread ... and put it over here, in the Open Forum ... so more of the Family can meet you.

Just take your time, feel your way, we're here to help!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    right on.

feelin like a broken record;

thanks!

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    welcome anAfrican.

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Welcome Brother anAfrican!!!

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    anAfrican:

I'm glad the met the queen the the Destee Family already, because between her and God, some of the best of the best would not be here right now. Together, we are thr Best Family on the web, and we prove it everyday. As of your first post, you officially became a member of this big happy family. Believe me, you will love the family once you get to know them and meet them.

I have to get to taking care of work, so I will end here. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to reading more of your future posts. Make yourself at home, and enjoy your newest surrounding.

CD

7. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    welcome..
    read you first in how and why i picked my name...but didn't have time to answer ..then came back and found destee had put you over here...
    you were so clear about why you picked your name...and so correct in acknowledging how we must find within ourselves...
    i await more..you are needed .. and wanted...here

8. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    many thanks, Brother panafrica! i've seen some interesting looking threads with your name attached to them. i'll be sure to check them out!

9. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    thank you, Purple Moons, it's a pleasure to be here.

i do like your sig. one of the things i hope to be able to do here is to do a validity check on how well i have interpreted some of the knowledge that i have encountered to see if i have learned anything, yet!

peace

10. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    thank you, brother cedric. in looking around, i see that you are part of the reason that this Family is so wonderful! a specific thank you to you for all that you do!

i do believe you! given all the examples of love i've seen in the threads i've glanced through, i think this Family will be putting a healing on me in short order!