The Front Porch : Hello Everyone! I have a favor to ask.

Just so everyone knows, I never intended to have a ghost writer. I never meant to sound in any way that was negative, and over the past few weeks, I've been learning more and more about how that is mostly impossible. I get it. Some young white girl comes on here sounding all dewy-eyed about racial equality and how she wants to do right by her black brethren, it sounds shitty, like I want to take something. I do not. I've done research, I've read books...but books dont give you what a real conversation will.
I never wanted anyone to write any of my book for me. I just wanted to meet new people. I'm not very good at it in real life. Often outside of the internet (and inside too, trust me) I have much trouble with strangers. Brown, black, white...doesnt matter. I wont give you crap about "I dont see color" because those people arent "woke". They're blind. I see color. I can only imagine what you all are very painfully used to. As much as I would love to believe that we are all just human beings on Earth, some are wronged more than others and that has forced our differences.
I wasnt considering making friends to be labor but I get what you're saying. I figured it would be weird to just ask for friends on here, because I think we've all seen the well-meaning white friend who wants a black friend, but doesnt understand that they need to learn from and help fight certain wrongful truths of society. I do understand that, but I didnt want anyone to think I was asking for the novelty of it or anything. Because I'm not. I just wanted to understand. To be spoken to, where neither of us look down on the other. Just two people (or more) on opposite ends of society's color wheel, having an invigorating conversation.

I realize that my intro must have been off-putting and I apologize. I only had good and kind intentions. I'm not the best at introducing myself, especially when I'm the odd one out. -So I learned something at least! This feels terrifying and awful lol. Hope we can move forward in a positive direction. Thanks for speaking with me, everyone. Have a blessed day.
To know it you have to live it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back