The Front Porch : Hello Everyone! I have a favor to ask.

Jil

May 28, 2019
Hey there everyone! My name is Jil. I very much appreciate being accepted onto your awesome community site. I was looking all over the internet for the perfect site where I could gather info. You see, I’m an author. I’m writing a book based in the “New Adult” spectrum. It’s a superhuman fiction novel full of diverse characters and exciting plot. One particularly beloved character of mine is a young woman named Mimi. She is from Louisiana and controls the power of Electricity, to put it simply. Why I am mentioning this is because I have come to this site to find my muse- someone who can help me breathe life into this character. Mimi is the epitome of fun; she’s a technological genius, too. She is kind, loving, powerful, silly, and very beautiful. She appears to be 24 years of age like all of the other major characters, though since they are all essentially immortal, their true ages vary greatly.

I am looking for any mid-twenties Black women to help me to bring this fantastic character to life. I want to do her so much justice. I want to help create a strong, Black, female lead character in a (hopefully) upcoming novel that will be inspiring and refreshing to the world of literature. I want her to be as real as she can be. If you haven’t guessed yet, I am not Black, myself. I’ve been struggling and second-guessing myself when it comes to writing Mimi, wondering and worrying if my portrayal of her is real enough. It matters so much to me that every character in my book with a different ethnicity to mine is represented to the best of my ability. I brought this problem up to my husband, who suggested that I introduce myself to a forum or simply ask around for realism.

I am a naturally outgoing person so this hasn’t been too difficult. For example, I have a friend who is Spanish and has been coaching me on the structure of the language and how to make another one of my characters (named Ana) come to life. She has taught me a lot of cultural facts and persuasions so that I might accurately portray Ana as someone that Spanish-speaking peoples can admire and get behind. This is what I want for Mimi.

I want to thank you, anyone, for reading this and I really, truly hope to hear back from some of you. Have a blessed day, everyone!

-Jil

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Hey there everyone! My name is Jil. I very much appreciate being accepted onto your awesome community site. I was looking all over the internet for the perfect site where I could gather info. You see, I’m an author. I’m writing a book based in the “New Adult” spectrum. It’s a superhuman fiction novel full of diverse characters and exciting plot. One particularly beloved character of mine is a young woman named Mimi. She is from Louisiana and controls the power of Electricity, to put it simply. Why I am mentioning this is because I have come to this site to find my muse- someone who can help me breathe life into this character. Mimi is the epitome of fun; she’s a technological genius, too. She is kind, loving, powerful, silly, and very beautiful. She appears to be 24 years of age like all of the other major characters, though since they are all essentially immortal, their true ages vary greatly.

I am looking for any mid-twenties Black women to help me to bring this fantastic character to life. I want to do her so much justice. I want to help create a strong, Black, female lead character in a (hopefully) upcoming novel that will be inspiring and refreshing to the world of literature. I want her to be as real as she can be. If you haven’t guessed yet, I am not Black, myself. I’ve been struggling and second-guessing myself when it comes to writing Mimi, wondering and worrying if my portrayal of her is real enough. It matters so much to me that every character in my book with a different ethnicity to mine is represented to the best of my ability. I brought this problem up to my husband, who suggested that I introduce myself to a forum or simply ask around for realism.

I am a naturally outgoing person so this hasn’t been too difficult. For example, I have a friend who is Spanish and has been coaching me on the structure of the language and how to make another one of my characters (named Ana) come to life. She has taught me a lot of cultural facts and persuasions so that I might accurately portray Ana as someone that Spanish-speaking peoples can admire and get behind. This is what I want for Mimi.

I want to thank you, anyone, for reading this and I really, truly hope to hear back from some of you. Have a blessed day, everyone!

-Jil
jeez, i feel like a lab rat....

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.