Pan Africanism : HELL NAH!! I AINT DOWN WITH PAN-AFRICANISM

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by The PeoplesMan, Dec 16, 2003.

1. The PeoplesMan

The PeoplesMan New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    IM DOWN WITH ---->>'AFRICAN INTERNATIONALISM'<<-----

That's what Marcus Garvey was, thats what Lamumba was, thats what Malcom X was.

Be ready for what you get into. There are a lot of real sistahs and brothas out there being decieved by our own people.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Hello The PeoplesMan:

In order for a meaningful and intelligient discussion to grow from your comment; you have to explain what African Internationalism is, and how it differs from PanAfricanism. What is the major philosophy of African Internationalism, and what are its goals? Is African Internationalism a separate movement, or does it fall under the umbrella of PanAfricanism?

Secondly, if you were not aware the purpose of this website is black empowerment and upliftment. The standards and values of Destee are higher than most sites you will encounter on the web. Many times members disagree with each other, and when we do, we debate intelligiently with facts. Sometimes we argue with opinion, but we always try to use words and statements, that are not offensive to other members. This is not only to respect other members, but it is what mature adults should behave like.

I don't know how long you've been posting, but so far I've seen two post from you, which use language and tones that have offended members. I see that you admire Marcus Garvey and Malcolm X, as do I. Both leaders were able to debate and express their points in an extremely articulate way, that both impressed people, and left their opponents speechless. I encourage you to follow their lead in that way also!

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Peoplesman,

Brother Panafrica has eloquently articulated the best information intended to be helpful to you. I would suggest you read it carefully and take it very seriously....because I do and so do other members of this community. If you have something to say, take it up several notches and express whatever it is....respectfully.

Peace!

4. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    haphazardly suggesting that the "real sistas and brothers" are miseducating us with pan-africanism is odd at best. many of us are well read and most importantly well grounded in GRASSROOTS EXPERIENCE. but none of have a clue of what you speak of...

define your terms.
    compare the differences.
    build the value in your arguement.
    then open dialogue.

otherwise....well, i hate to say it: you'll sound like a madman.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Well put Ifasehun. The People have spoken, and are awaiting a response.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother ifasehun, don't "hate" to say it, continue to keep it real. Let's face it, we have mad Black people in the world. Hopefully this brother isn't one of them.