Black Relationships : He'd Rather Have a White Girl

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
Show me an area that has at least 80% two headed household for black families. Matter of fact give me one with 60%. As far as white girl think. Look at any award show now and see how many black stars are with white woman. I cant even think of a star with a dark skin woman. Someone said gabrielle union was one and she not even dark she is tv dark skin bc your not used to seeing to many dark skin women on TV but she is not dark skin. Its as if everyone ple are still carrying around the paper bag light is good but white is worth treating right.
Actually, in my neighborhood, the majority of families are black families with two heads of household. there are a couple of white families, but the only interracial relationship in my neighborhood is my wife and me. Just because it is a trend among the super wealthy, doesn't mean every single black male is looking for a white woman.

ellen covington

Jul 18, 2013
brooklyn ny
Occupation
community leader
Super wealthy? This is trending in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods. Look at East Rockingham NC or any poor white neighborhood. White girl black man is the common two headed family. Many black men in rockingham only deal with white girls and only a few of them would ever be with a dark skin girl. "I don't want nothing darl" I heard a couple of them proudly say. The older generation is not like that but I'm talking about people 32 and under.

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
Super wealthy? This is trending in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods. Look at East Rockingham NC or any poor white neighborhood. White girl black man is the common two headed family. Many black men in rockingham only deal with white girls and only a few of them would ever be with a dark skin girl. "I don't want nothing darl" I heard a couple of them proudly say. The older generation is not like that but I'm talking about people 32 and under.
I said super wealthy because of your pointing out that the famous all seem to be going interracial. My neighborhood is economically disadvantaged, and interracial relationships still are not the trend here. I suppose you count me in the "older generation" since I'm 35 (thank you for making me feel old, isn't my arthritis enough to make me feel old?), but there are families in my neighborhood that have two black heads of household that are 32 and under.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Actually, in my neighborhood, the majority of families are black families with two heads of household. there are a couple of white families, but the only interracial relationship in my neighborhood is my wife and me. Just because it is a trend among the super wealthy, doesn't mean every single black male is looking for a white woman.

1) Mulatto is not a race, and 2) despite the hype, ~90% of black men when they marry, marry black women. Only a little over 10% of black men marry outside the race.

ellen covington

Jul 18, 2013
brooklyn ny
Occupation
community leader
Not calling you old. Infact I might be generalizing by what kind of families I see. The thing is that if I see them my children see them and I'm always worried about what kind of analysis they maken and as I told you earlier I don't think hardly anything comes natural most things are social to me, so if I feel they will become what they see and if the positive scenery is limited they are limited in their possibilities.
I said super wealthy because of your pointing out that the famous all seem to be going interracial. My neighborhood is economically disadvantaged, and interracial relationships still are not the trend here. I suppose you count me in the "older generation" since I'm 35 (thank you for making me feel old, isn't my arthritis enough to make me feel old?), but there are families in my neighborhood that have two black heads of household that are 32 and under.

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
1) Mulatto is not a race, and 2) despite the hype, ~90% of black men when they marry, marry black women. Only a little over 10% of black men marry outside the race.
My wife is black, and she is white. she has features of both, and claims both because she can do that. Because of the white part with me being black, I'd call it interracial, especially since my wife's skin tone makes her look white. You may not consider my wife as having a race at all, but I do. Also, I'm not the one saying that the majority of black men are suddenly marrying white women, that's ellen. I'm the one saying that the majority of black men in my neighborhood are married to black women.

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
Not calling you old. Infact I might be generalizing by what kind of families I see. The thing is that if I see them my children see them and I'm always worried about what kind of analysis they maken and as I told you earlier I don't think hardly anything comes natural most things are social to me, so if I feel they will become what they see and if the positive scenery is limited they are limited in their possibilities.
I agree that you are generalizing. It is not the same way everywhere as it is where you live. Also, you should teach your children what you want them to take away from what they are looking at, so that they have some information to base future decisions on. That's how you handle that. Easy-peasy. Once again, I note that there are things that come naturally, and that I feel it is quite a narrow road to think everything is a result of society. I have been the one saying "screw society" in one way or another since I was a child. I really wish I had the picture of me as a child standing next to a marijuana plant that dwarfed me. I think I was either four or five at the time.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
My wife is black, and she is white. she has features of both, and claims both because she can do that. Because of the white part with me being black, I'd call it interracial, especially since my wife's skin tone makes her look white. You may not consider my wife as having a race at all, but I do. Also, I'm not the one saying that the majority of black men are suddenly marrying white women, that's ellen. I'm the one saying that the majority of black men in my neighborhood are married to black women.
I was, so to say, backing up your observation about black male/black female couplings with the statistics. I was "begging to differ" about your saying you and your mate are an interracial couple. If your wife is of mixed race, it makes her one of the 85% of all African-Americans that are of mixed race. The degree of mixture is irrelevant; it is the mixture that counts. I wrote that "mulatto is not a race." It stands. There is black, white and yellow, but no mulatto race.

The word "interracial" means between the races. 2 African-Americans coming together does not constitute an "interracial" couple. No matter how washed of melanin your partner may be, well, ask a white person what race she is. They're relieve you of your confusion.

HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
I don't have a problem with interracial marriages.
On my wife's side some of her cousins are married to white women and they have children.
Here are some statistics on interracial marriages in the United States 2007 /2010

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States

Census Bureau statistics

The number of interracial marriages has steadily continued to increase since the 1967 Supreme Court ruling in Loving v. Virginia, but also continues to represent an absolute minority among the total number of wed couples.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the number of interrracially married couples has increased from 310,000 in 1970 to 651,000 in 1980, to 964,000 in 1990, to 1,464,000 in 2000 and to 2,340,000 in 2008; accounting for 0.7%, 1.3%, 1.8%, 2.6% and 3.9% of the total number of married couples in those years, respectively.

These statistics do not take into account the mixing of ancestries within the same "race"; e.g. a marriage involving Indian and Japanese ancestries would not be classified as interracial due to the Census regarding both as the same category.

Likewise, since Hispanic is not a race but an ethnicity, Hispanic marriages with non-Hispanics are not registered as interracial if both partners are of the same race (i.e. a Black Hispanic marrying a non-Hispanic Black partner).
====================================================

Married couples in the United States in 2010

White Husband

White wife - 50,410,000
Black wife - 168,000
Asian wife - 529,000
Other wife - 487,000

Black Husband

White wife - 390,000
Black wife - 4,072,000
Asian wife -
Other wife - 66,000

Asian Husband

White wife - 219,000
Black wife - 9,000
Asian wife -
Other wife - 28,000

Other Husband

White wife - 488,000
Black wife - 18,000
Asian wife - 37,000
Other wife - 568,000

==============================================

Marriage squeeze

A term has arisen to describe the social phenomenon of the so-called "marriage squeeze" for African American females. The "marriage squeeze" refers to the perception that the most "eligible" and "desirable" African American men are marrying non-African American women at a higher rate, leaving African American women who wish to marry African American men with fewer partnering options. According to Newsweek, 43% of African American women between the ages of 30 and 34 have never been married.

======================================
Public opinion

upload_2014-5-19_17-39-38.png

Historically, interracial marriage in the United States was of great public opposition (often a taboo),[30] especially among whites.[31] According to opinion polls, by 1986 only third of Americans approved of interracial marriage in general.[32] In 2011, the vast majority of Americans approved of the marriages between different races in general, while just 20 years ago in 1991 less than half approved.[33] It was only in 1994 when more than half of Americans approved of such marriages in general.[31] It should be noted that the approval/disapproval rate differs between demographic groups (for example by race, gender, age, and socioeconomic and marital status).

=============================

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/02/16/appendix-2-state-and-regional-rates/

upload_2014-5-19_17-40-21.png

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Marriage squeeze

A term has arisen to describe the social phenomenon of the so-called "marriage squeeze" for African American females. The "marriage squeeze" refers to the perception that the most "eligible" and "desirable" African American men are marrying non-African American women at a higher rate, leaving African American women who wish to marry African American men with fewer partnering options. According to Newsweek, 43% of African American women between the ages of 30 and 34 have never been married.
Why post this garbage? This :bs: about "perceptions" when the reality is that when black men marry, they marry black women! Why push the smoke and mirrors?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: