Black Spirituality Religion : HEBREWS 10:25

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by KWABENA, Jul 25, 2005.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Jambo Family: (Hello in Swahili)

Can someone give me an explanation of Hebrews 10:25-

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I think I understand what is going on in the story, but I do not understand what it would mean to the reader. Can someone explain this?

CD (Destee student trying to learn)

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace black man,

[
    - exactly! - notice if you will what recently transpired & who is still here building as some see "the day approaching"......so we can not foresake the assebling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is" simply because we do not know!

I understand & appreciate your usage of this scripture............& humbly say that the answer awaits you!!!!!

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I am trying to get used to understanding the scriptures that I read, rather than reading a chapter full of scriptures, yet not understanding what I need to know.

I appreciate it.

CD

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

I suggest several things. First get yourself a Bible with concordences, dictionary or lexicons that examine the scripture and define words as they are used. Second get yourself an Amplified Bible or a Contemporary English Bible that has the scripture the way we talk now instead of Shakespearean English. Also read the whole scripture to understand not just one or two verses So that the context of what is being said is understood.

Here are some version of the scripture in question that may provide more clarity:

Hebrews 10:25

25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. New Internation Version

25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching.
    Amplified Bible

25 Some people have gotten out of the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.
    Contemporary English Bible

25 Let us not give up meeting together. Some are in the habit of doing this. Instead, let us cheer each other up with words of hope. Let us do it all the more as you see the day coming when Christ will return.
    New Internation Reader's Version

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. King James Version

But before the previously mentioned pray to God for discernment.....

Peace....

5. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Peace < Radical Faith >

I See You Remember The Things I Taught You Yes < Just Messing With You > But You Are Telling < CD > Right This Way He Wont Have To Go Around Believing EveryThing People Are Saying To Him He'll Know For Himself Good LQQking Out

6. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

:bowdown: :teach:

Yes bruh you did help my spirit grow. Christians such as myself work nights so is unable to attend Bible study. So our discussions would force me to study the word and strengthen my faith. Thanks bruh I appreciate it.

Peace......

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

True indeed brother IssaEL21, True indeed God!!!!!!!

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    That's not just me Bruh-

There are MANY, MANY other people who follow by what the world says, without experiencing the truth. Before I became a Destee Member, I was one of those typical people who accepted what mainstream society it. What I think may not be the truth, but at least I'm learning!

I just want to know the truth, so that I am not telling other people (who think like mainstream society does) false information.

In these up-and-coming years and times, I don't want to be the one to spread false information, to those who are hungry for knowledge.

CD

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367

It is funny that you mention that, because I have been spending time at Libraries and Barnes & Noble. When I was at Barnes & Noble, I happened to see 3 Amplified Bibles - Two of them ripped, one fresh in the plastic. I have always wanted an Amplified Bible, simply because it always sounded more clear to me. When I first asked someone where I can find it, they told me that it was expensive. That last book on the rack only costs $16.00! I will have it by the end of the week, and I will check on the rest of them.

CD

10. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

You can also check online for Biblical resources as well. Here's a very helpful website. http://bible.gospelcom.net/ This website has many English versions of the Bible, commentaries, a dictionary and a Greek and Hebrew lexicon. This website does not have the Apocrapha. This site is a quick research tool.

Peace.....