Black People : Heavy topics heavy people.. done the right way.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Jan 11, 2010.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Conversations like this can only happen when all the participants are informed
    and experienced in the topic.. not just opinions.. but opinions informed by
    experience.. and study and time.. not just thoughts that pop into their heads..
    Even in disagreement, they all respected each other.. I didn't see any real
    disagreement.. Each person added another curved panel to the whole.. I think
    all of their statements can be joined together into something much larger than
    any of them could imagine individually.. What if they were all on the same
    commission, working on different parts of the same problem? Actually, that's
    exactly what they have done.. they each took their perspective and led their
    own movements towards goals that overlapped in so many different ways, that
    it could be said that they were on the same team..​

3. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    Thank you for sharing these youtube clips. Youtube is the one and only source for the greatest wisdom humanity will ever acquire. Thank goodness for youtube. We should do our very best to make sure that it sticks around or we will plunge back into the dark ages before there was youtube. The world was a sad, horrible, miserable place before the wisdom and knowledge of youtube my friend. My elders have told me of these things, these horrors, and that is knowledge I do not wish to share nor is it something I would wish on my very worst enemy.

Again, my brother, I thank you for sharing the infinite wisdom of youtube videos. Bless you, comrade. Bless you.

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    In this particular instance what is the relvance of these folks to the brothers and sisters inthe PJs?

Are they well known to the grassroots community?

Are thier writings involved in shaping the progress of solutions for Black folks in the US?

Are they capable or willing to form think tank to address the uniqiue problems that Black folks face in every community in the nation.

Maybe it would take the engineers, mathematicians and visual and screen artists to form a think tank, because, journalists, achivists and writers of fiction often as Dr Welsing states are good at talking about the problem and the history o the problem but just before the solution, they are back to talking about the problem, or as some say here reject the observation of any problem at all.

These tpes of documentaries wold be best viewd bythe grassroots everyday people in the communities across the nation, and one can see what the Black community has to say about this

5. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

PJs? I don't understand. Are you asking are these authors well known in
    the grassroots community? Stokely Carmichael ? Are they willing to form
    a think tank? Ralph Ellison.. part of the commission that created Public Television..
    Derrick Bell? These are not talkers.. these are doers..talking.

but, I think I may have misunderstood your question..

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    brother did you read what I said,

I did not say I did not know I said brothers and sisters in the PJs, and in the hardcore innercity were folks are catching hell!!!

When I was in JHS there were massive numbers of brothrs in school from Brownsville who did not know who Bobby Seale was

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

wow.. I tried.

Peace.

8. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    This panel was in 1993. Ralph Ellison died in April of 1994. He was tremendously
    respected by the Writer's on this panel. ..and that has to be the fundamental
    base for our conversations also.. if they are to mean anything.. we have to
    respect each other.. without that rapport, their is really not too much you
    can talk about..

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Subjects and posts that are seriously focused on the life, health and welfare of 36 million Africans in this nation should be dialogued to the point of mutual understanding and clarity.
    For over 35 years we have had the extreme of the shedding of blood concept, to the assimilationist, to the one in the middle who claims guilt for their success, or I am evil concept, to those who are good at talking about the problem and the history of the problem.

For the literary aspect of conciousness that is well and good, but can it patch a roof, or fix the brocken axle of a car.
    One can neither blow the car up, nor ignore the problem of the axle, nor afford to buy a new one;
    the scientific aproach is to get a technician or team of technicians and that is why the scientific approach is,
    examining the 6 major problems that the bulk of our people face in all 50 states, analyze what techniques have been effective in the past for solving them,
    or create collectively by brainstorming for new ones, but if each technician comes with their own agenda then their solution becomes their agenda rather then a collective plan formulated for the collective good of the community, there will be new tires, changed oil, a new transmission, but the car will still have a brocken axle
    And there should be a spontaneity with the process like surgeons doing child surgery, or generals at war.

In Things Fall Apart there is a painfull story about the exacerbation of the process of quarum spontenaity.

Achebe, states a log of great size fell on an important road needed by a particular town as a life line for supply and trade.

Men came out a number of men, and formed a committee.
    The first day they had to figure how many men it would take to lift the log.
    The next day after that decision they had to figure out which end of the log to lift first.
    After that the next day the had to decide to place the log on the left side of the road or th........ you get the drift and the massage Chinue Achebe was making.

Most organizing fails when the concentration falls away from the collective focus on the common good , but instead on personal agendas, or enfatuation with the process at the expense of the solution.

Guliver's Travels showed that folks will even shed blood and kill each other over wether an egg should be opened from the big end or the little end.

The focus should always be

the masses first, and their prosperity, safety, and health of them and their progeny and descendants!

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Kwame been an acestorfor a minute too but don't kick yourself.

Thenew leadership and ideologies will come from the Black psychologists, since our slavery is mental