Heavy Multivitamin Users(Males) more prone to prostate cancer

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by dustyelbow, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Vitamin use may be linked to advanced prostate cancer

Some developments that may need further study but if you CANT get it out of the food you EAT then I dont see how you can get ANY BETTER with VITAMINS.

There is a study about LEAD being in those VITAMINS and LEAD is a HEAVY METAL going all the WAY DOWN to SETTLE where MEN least EXPECT IT.

Yea, I will leave it to the IMAGINATION.

Oh well.

2. sugarsthatheal

sugarsthatheal Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    You have told a half truth. What needs to be known is that vitamins sold in stores around the world are synthetic and are full of preservatives. You need to read up on the Optimal Health System. listen to the results on the site provided and the news reports on google video. (type in the word glyconutrients).
    http://www.**************************

3. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Here's a MYSTERY for ALL.

DO you believe anybody will get the so called 'BEST' of HEALTH if they have to BUY IT?

If The CREATOR is HEALTH and want ALL PEOPLE including RUTHLESS WHITE to have it...did he somehow STUFFED a BUNCH of DOLLARS in our DNA somewhere to BUY IT?

Think about it.

Oh well.

4. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    This is the first time I've heard this. I doubt that it is true that there is a link between multi vitamins and prostate cancer. The pharmaceutical companies must be behind this. As more people take more vitamins, certain illnesses are being abated. So, to protect their turf, pharmaceutical companies are stepping up their ad campaigns, and putting out alerts about vitamins. I read Life Extension magazine regularly, and they talk a lot about this kind of corruption. The drug companies don't have room to talk about toxins. How many drugs are as safe as vitamins? I credit my use of vitamins with giving me the last twenty years of my life, as I was on my death bed suffering from numerous deficientcies. Vitamins were the only solution, drugs are no substitute. Certainly one has to be careful about the suppliers, many will add any kind of junk to make a buck. Life Extension is a good source for vitamins that can make a difference.

With all the pollutants in the air and water, and stripped soil, vitamin supplements are necessary to maintain health for many people, especially those with a chronic illness. Food alone won't do it.

5. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21

mrron I am certainly glad you are LIVING. Sounds like those vitamins did the TRICK. GRANTED. Based on your YEARS of LIFE it sounds like you had to KEEP BUYING those VITAMINS to ENJOY LIVING and keep the FEAR of DEATH at BAY.

Now I mentioned you have to KEEP BUYING those VITAMINS to stay LIVING. That means possible that yours and mine very own TRADITIONS are also ALIVE and KICKING. Eating FOODS that CREATED the PROBLEM while trying to BALANCE it with VITAMINS. Sounds like a very UNHEALTHY EXISTANCE even if you are LIVING. Some would say the WORLD would be a better place if IGNORANT people would JUST DIE. But I thank the CREATOR for being a LIFE SAVER of SORTS even for the IGNORANT.

You mentioned pollutants CONTINUE to be in the AIR and WATER SUPPLY. PRODUCING VITAMINS SUPPLEMENTS adds to this CONTAMINATION of AIR and WATER SUPPLY. Since you are LIVING with VITAMIN SUPPLEMENT as SUPPORT has this issue DECEASED or they CONTINUE GROW ever MORE UGLIER for not ONLY YOU but for the NEXT GENERATION.

The SLAVE MASTER usually lived longer than the SLAVE but it did not TRANSLATE into a NON OPPRESSIVE ENVIRONMENT for the SLAVE DESCENDANTS. The ENVIRONMENT still became more UNHEALTHY with each group (both SLAVE MASTER descendants and the SLAVE descendants) CARRYING on TRADITIONS while SUPPLEMENTING it with some MILKY THOUGHTS of CHANGE.

CURRENTLY that isnt ENOUGH.

The world will be divided into a SLAVE MASTER (Haves including extended LIFE due to BUYING POWER of HEALTH) and SLAVE (Have not with very little or no BUYING POWER of HEALTH)

Both in the end will AMOUNT to NOTHING because that is NOT what the CREATOR intended for LIFE. If the CREATOR is HEALTH than he wanted ALL including RUTHLESS WHITE to have it.

I am not going to REJOICE over some PILL or SUPPLEMENT or VEGETARIAN or MEAT EATER or anything of the SORT because we still based in our TRADITIONS which makes this WORLD still ECHO DANGER.

To me, that Jesus fellow was RIGHT. WE will all DIE in our SINS just like OUR FATHERS.

Think about it.

Oh well.

6. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Dustyelbow, as usual, you have an interesting perspective on things. Speaking of the creator, since vitamins and other supplements are natural, how does that contradict anything about the creator? Herbs and other supplements are used in some of the countries where people live the longest and healthiest. The bible mentions illnesses also, and say's that there are all kinds of herbs along the rivers to treat illnesses.

Now, you took the topic to another area when you brought in the slave and master thing. I'm just trying to live as long and healthy as possible, I rarely think of the political implications.

From what I've read, the reason one needs to take supplements as they grow older, is because the body doesn't make those nutrients in sufficient quantity as it did during younger years. There is no cure for old age, but we can fight for our lives, if we choose to do so.

There are many ignorant people in the world, money alone will not alleviate that problem

7. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Quote:"To me that Jesus fellow was RIGHT. WE will all DIE in our SINS just like OUR FATHERS."

That Jesus fellow was also supposed to "arise with Healing in his wings".

I agree with most, if not all, of this post. I too was recently heavy on vitamins and supplements then started having problems with ABSORPTION. So what I started doing was eating more fruit and making "shakes" with fruit and fiber/protein mixes with the opposite effect. Instead of constipation they increased my bowel movement, and I also cleared up a acid-reflux problem in the process. Some vitamins/minerals can be taken in a power from (such as diabetic packets and mixed with the "shakes" and in this process they are absorbed more rapidly. I think the key in this is a BALANCED diet with enough fiber and B complex, regardless of the source.

I read awhile back of possible prostate problems with heavy dosage of multi-vitamins and I was taking saw palmetto at the time on a regular. Now I take less regular and have not had any prostate problems detected. I also notice that I am not having to urinate as much either. Many of our problems have to do with dehydrating from not eating enough fruit and not drinking enough spring water.

Speaking of those SINS of our fathers. Another thing I have had to let go of if grilling and bar-b-queing (havent done any so far this year!). Darn near my entire family on my Dad's side is diabetic and several of my uncle's have serious problems with their feet. My feet have been drying out as well. I have been taking extra care recently to "moisturize" them, which means I have also been restricting alcohol (beer) consumption. In other words, I have been "detoxing", which is starting to clear up dry/dead skin.

The key here is YES, we need to LET GO of some of the foods that created the problem. Especially since MOST, I repeat, MOST of our food supply is contaminated. And its not just the melamine I informed about awhile back. Some of these "vitamins" also are manufactured with PETROCHEMICALS. As are certain types of "allergy" medicines.

8. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    "Most synthetically produced vitamins and supplements are chemical compounds that cannot be found in nature, hence the human body does not recognize these ingredients which can result in unanticipated reactions. The body knows the difference between the real and the fake and it always prefers the real."

http://www.organicconsumers.org/nutricon/qa.cfm

9. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    My apologies mrron what is natural about it if your not getting it from the FOOD you EAT. Isnt the food you eat NATURAL whith the burden of too many HANDS on the making of IT. Natural is just PLUCKING a FRUIT from the TREE in GLEE not wait in a LINE of UNHAPPY PEOPLE to BUY a BOTTLE of PILLS.

Great but it takes a WISE MASTER to retain that KNOWLEDGE and if a SOCIETY dont APPRECIATE these SAGES its USELESS to a MAN or WOMAN set in DESTROYING HERBS and their HABITAT with CARS ROADS SUPERMARKETS ETC.

You understand this COUNTRY does not like WISE OLD PEOPLE. The best we can do is STUFF them in NURSING HOMES and PRAY they dont ASK for NOTHING.

GUESS NOT but our SONS and DAUGHTERS will. NEIGHBORS too. And they will CURSE ME and YOU in JUDGEMENT. It will not be the CREATOR who will JUDGE us by that, the NEXT LIVING GENERATION will. They will say what WERE YOU and I DOING WHILE LIVING. IF we are CURSED then it follows they will be CURSED. This is a HUGE SPIRITUAL IMPLICATIONS.

....We become CURSED CITIZENS....

Great, that you can LIVE LONG but is it just FEARING DEATH or to BETTER the LIVING.

Elders (BLACK AFRICAN ENSLAVED ONES) before US mentioned that they want to LEAVE the EARTH better than they had SEEN IT. TELL ME WHAT is BETTER with you own HANDS about the EARTH since your LIVING.

Agreed but I want to give THANKS we can LIVE and still PERHAPS CHANGE THINGS.

10. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Glad you around to SPEAK brother. Sincerely.

Same here I had tough peely skin developing on my heel and I changed my diet and so far my skin have become FLUSH with LIFE again. If I continue on the FOODS I learned from my FATHER and MOTHER I would be looking at more DEAD TISSUE. I know my FATHER and MOTHER did not mean HARM but this SOCIETY does not have a GOOD TRACK RECORD with US and OVERALL HEALTH.

Great info, I agree we have to LET GO, you mentioned PETROCHEMICALS if you understand the GREAT COLORS our FOODS and FOOD PRODUCTS display (PROCESSED and PACKAGING) they come from DYES made from PETROCHEMICALS. Not only FOOD but CLOTHING CONSUMER PRUCTS OTHERS...its in EVERYTHING that SHINES NEW in our SOCIETY

I always said THINGS are RIGHT in our FACES but we CHOOSE to IGNORE it. IF you look at a PUDDLE of WATER on a STREET you can see the OIL FILM make COLORS of the RAINBOW. Those same COLORS infiltrate US and our CONSUMPTION.

They ADD ENORMOUSLY to our CONTAMINATION. But you have come to realize that THINGS are STEADILY GETTING OUT OF HAND. And boasting in being just an EATER of VEGETABLES or MEAT aint STOPPING it in its TRACK with CONTAMINATION of AIR WATER CLOTHING FOOD SUPPLY.

I just think it has to be great THOUGHTS about it from ALL for CHANGE to OCCUR but we are too SCATTERED in this WILDERNESS.