Black Spirituality Religion : Heaven / Hell - Do You Believe There Are Such Places?

Once, in this church I'd joined, we were having 7pm Sunday School and this guy in the back asked our Pastor on the same lines...do you believe...what's it like? etc. Our pastor went: "Oh You want to go there! (As if he'd been) He was So, excited! (clasping his hands together and going "Umph!") Telling us what to expect and all! Just from how he was describing what the experience SHOULD be like....I wanted to hop in my car...Just bypass death! Instead of putting my car in drive....choosing some OUTER-SPACE OPTION and go check it out for myself! Shoot! he had me just as excited! Even to this day I'm still just as excited about it! I mean before that day I'd always believed...but I think about that particular day and for some reason, I think even more that there is a heaven and it's going to be how he described it! Sounds Crazy I know. As for Hell, I believe there's going to be one. I just thank God I haven't ran into somebody to describe what they think it's going to be like and be all excited about it like Pastor Williams! You Know! (Man, it's going to be HOT! You can just smell the flesh burning! and hair singeing! Everybody gon' be screaming and waving they hands in the air...) I think GOD is a forgiving GOD. And those of us who ask for forgiveness eventhough we didn't live the straight and narrow will make it to this place called "HEAVEN". I just wonder? Who will Actually be sitting in Hell though? -If he's as forgiving as my heart believes?

I too wonder...wonder why no evidence was left of this reality. Ya know, I kinda figuered if God wanted us to really know these realities existed, then surely someone somewhere would have let us know for sure. I mean, the angels and prophets told us and did every darn thing else....how they forget about this one?

Come to think of it, one would think that the primary reason and rantings of the prophets would have been about people being good so that they could inherit or earn this great after life! The strange part is that none of them appear to know anything about it themselves !? Surely God didn't forget to tell them about it, did he? Kinda makes ya go HHhhmmm!? :thinking:

I feel that heaven and hell are not physical places, but reside in the mind of the individual. The preacher, or Imam is constantly talking of these 2 places because their job is to prepare u to die...hmmmmmmm which is why they teach from dead books. if everyone in the book is dead how can the holder of the book teach u to live????

Most preachers especially now adays have their heaven here on earth while they use guilt mind tricks on you to keep their accounts rollin'........

The biblical 7th heaven is actually referring to a star constellation consisting of 7 planets. If the bible were looked at astrologically christians would gain a much stronger overstanding of things....

peace

The Word Became Flesh

info-moetry said:
I feel that heaven and hell are not physical places, but reside in the mind of the individual. The preacher, or Imam is constantly talking of these 2 places because their job is to prepare u to die...hmmmmmmm which is why they teach from dead books. if everyone in the book is dead how can the holder of the book teach u to live????

Most preachers especially now adays have their heaven here on earth while they use guilt mind tricks on you to keep their accounts rollin'........

The biblical 7th heaven is actually referring to a star constellation consisting of 7 planets. If the bible were looked at astrologically christians would gain a much stronger overstanding of things....

peace

The Word Became Flesh

John

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back