Black Spirituality Religion : Heaven / Hell - Do You Believe There Are Such Places?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, May 2, 2002.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I mean ... I don't know anyone that has died and come back to tell me about the heaven and/or hell they've ended up in. There's no "real evidence" ... not like we can see and touch and stuff ... that gives us to know that these places exist.

We have to accept and believe these things by faith.

Do you believe they exist? If not, what do you believe happens, if anything, after death?

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    YES I BELIEVE THEIR IS SUCH
    FORTH BY MY FAITH THEIR IS A HEAVEN ABOVE
    AND YES HELL IS BELOW
    AS I CAN FEEL WITHIN ME AND MY TRUE FAITH AND LOVE
    OF GOD IN GOD WHEN MY TIME HERE RUNS OUT I WILL
    HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE IN HEAVEN
    BUT TO BE DISHONEST / LYING /CHEATING STEALING KILLING
    THEN HELL THEY WILL BURN FOREVER .....NO PEACE
    YES I BELIEVE !!!!!!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I too believe that there is a heaven. I believe that all of my ancestors are there ... all those who have gone on before me. I think too that they are helping me, perhaps even petitioning God for me ... I too believe.

But yall know what? If no mistake, I've read or heard that we won't recognize our Mother as our Mother in heaven ... we won't recognize our own folk or anybody?

Is that your understanding of things?

Destee

4. story

story Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student of Life
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello!

I am fairly new in here...but to respond to this...

I do believe that there is a heaven and hell....after death...but also...I also believe in hell and heaven on earth (state of mind)

some people don't believe in h/h because like stated earlier it can not be proven but myself, would definitly not want to find out the hard way when it's too late...

I've finally picked up the Left Behind Series and have read 4 books in 3 weeks...and how enlightening!!!! I was seriously awakened and pushed to again recieve Christ as my Lord and saviour...all of a sudden it just felt urgent!

5. imhotep35

imhotep35 Active Member MEMBER

physician
    Ratings:
    +2
    I believe there is a heaven and hell. I cannot give you an accurate physical description. All I have learned, believed in and experienced, coupled with a careful reading of Holy Scriptures cause me to be assured that being in the presence of our Creator for an eternity is Heaven, joyful, without illness, with a new body. To be anywhere else for eternity - is Hell. We were created with clear choices. I believe that our souls have been imprinted to return to the Creator...they long for this. The death and resurrection of Christ has made Heaven possible for all of us, Gentile or Jew.

6. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    hmmm...what an interesting question. Destee, i was just reading Bishop Pearson's theory on heaven and hell as he is being criticized for his "inclusion theology". It speaks a lot about heaven/hell concepts. I do bleive in a heaven and hell. I beleive that spiritually there is a heaven and hell after death. I also belive that, because Satan is spoken of as the ruler of the earth that hell is also manifested here on Earth. While this will open the door for a lerger discussion i thought i would put it out there to hear positive.negative responses...

Good question here...

7. MizLindaLinda

MizLindaLinda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    My Grandmother always said that if you go to Heaven you wont want to come back, and if you go to Hell you cant come back. Made sence to me.
    Scripture tells us that we have a cloud of witnesses watching us to finish the race. These witnesses are people that knew us here on Earth.
    God is not a cruel God that He wont let us know people from Earth. We will. Im going to write something here soon about that.

8. RelaxedMomentum

RelaxedMomentum Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes I Believe also

Good Morning,

I believe there is Heaven and Hell also. I like what Rich had to say about his belief also. But my mind went to a story in the Bible about the Rich man and Lazarus. It is Luke chapter 16 starting at verse 19. It answers your question Destee.

Peace

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    My ancestors teach me that the concept of heaven and hell should not be confused with what was taught to us by our former slave masters, namely white christians. but what was overstood by our ancestors before we were enslaved.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Yes there's a heaven and hell...and we in them both right now. To utter or reveal the absolute truth to the masses of people would cause this earth to go into utter chaos and produce a living hell unlike anything your mind can conceive of. As such, there's just certain things I can not reveal except to those who are developed enough to receive it.

Since I can not determine on line who is or is not developed enough to receive it, it must remain hidden until they find it themselves. This is also the reason that someone spoke in parables back in the day. It was important that those hearing would not understand and those looking would not see. As they say, everything isn't for everybody. Such is the nature of Truth. Everyone can not accept it or deal with it and continue to live life as it should be lived. Enough for now.