Black Relationships : heartless or not?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by AfroBoricuaRoni, May 6, 2004.

1. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Would a girl be wrong to look at the bigger picture and act on what is good for her rather than stay in a relationship just to please everyone else?

Like, I just want to know how heartless is it that you end a relationship, unintentionally hurting the other persons feelings and moving on.

I won't lie, this is not about my friend or a coworker, it's my dilemma. I've been called cold hearted and heartless just because, when I was in an unhealthy relationship I ended it and hurt this guy. We were only together for roughly two months and we really had high hopes for it to work out. Then somehow it took a turn for the worst, he confessed some things to me like his real age and all the trife things he did before he supposedly got his mind right. Then when I decided to look past that, he was doing things that didn't rest too easy with me.

Seeing that I'm about to leave and go to college in New York, where he happens to live, I didn't want him and all his baggage to drag along with me and my new life. I'm sorry.

He's a funny guy and he's friends with my sisters boyfriend so of course they think I'm wrong. I don't see anything wrong with it.

What do you think? Are there some things I need to change within myself?

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Baby you can do bad by yourself.

The Protection of yourself and your emtions should not be at the disposal of others. Let them think what they want to think, but remember you can only live with yourself.

Si?

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Who cares what anyone thinks. You are the one who has to deal with this guy and all his B/S. People need to concentrate on their own instead of trying to make decisions in your life. Do what you gotta do and everything else will fall into place. It would do no good to be with someone you don't want to be with. If it was suppose to be you wouldn't be having these feelings. You are going to college so you need to get your stuff right and start fresh, not with a bunch of drama. Remember, one rule in being your own person is that you will never satisfy everyone, so you might as well concentrate on yourself.

4. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    OMG AM I READING MY DIARY?

Girl once again we are on the same page....
    I just recently broke up with a guy over some pretty crazy things too and I was blamed constantly,I'm always blamed after I brake up with a guy,because they always fall in love first or they want something I don't.You are going to college mami....what you need a man for that ain't even for you?Think about yourself....I'm not saying forget his feelings,but if it's unhealthy do you still eat the fat burgers and get mad when you're overweight?

Just keep your head up if you two are meant to be something will happen to show you that,but as for now focus on what's good in your life not the drama and trash that's messing up ya path..SWEEP IT AWAY.....
    transforming into Jay Z...(Gon' Brush Ya Shouldas Off)

Peace for now but much love always............
    :wave:

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    when it's not best intrest or healthy it's best to end it
    why stay in drama or take the neg of another no you not
    heartless or it's not that u don't care it was a choice that had to
    be made and u did that ....it's not about what others think or say
    when it come to your best intrest and no one can change how