Law Forum : Heartbreaker--Black men in prison

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by NNQueen, Feb 15, 2017.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,045
  2. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    That video breaks my heart on one hand, but on the other, it reaffirms my belief that Black men are not the heartless destroyers that the media, law enforcement and many politicians make them out to be. Yes, they handled their situations badly, but how powerful it is to see them reflect on their experiences and express regret over the outcome.

3. 103 ao kiji

103 ao kiji Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    I almost went down that path, selling drugs, carrying guns, even the judge saw my potential, this was his own exact words: "mister so and so, you're handsome, intelligent, carry yourself well, have manners and respect for others, why can't you do the right thing, is doing the right thing just not in you?" for some reason none of it reached me, I somehow managed to rise above it, still asking myself how till this day, I guess something inside you has to see that there is more, then reach out for it, we were never taught that life has much beauty, and laughter to offer us, it would sound corny to my old crew to hear some of the stuff coming out of my mouth today lol, but how can I speak about the rise of my people if I'm out here selling em drugs, then that would make me an enemy to the progression of black people

• Like Like x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    Love can't be bought and sold, in my opinion. Loving someone means more than putting a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food in your empty belly. Slave masters did those things too, right? Humans are made to touch each other, and I mean to physically touch; to feel the warmth of another body and share the energy of life between you. Cold hearts can melt in the experience of a hug. So much positive emotions can flow through you. I wish that more hugging would happen between us, especially our babies while they are growing up--sons and daughters. It's hard--maybe impossible--to be mean and heartless when you touch another human in a genuine way. When love is in you because you've felt it and know what it's like, it doesn't mean that we will never make bad choices, but it gives us the capacity to feel the emotional pain afterwards when we do--thus, the tears.

103...I applaud you for "waking up" and taking a different path. Let's hope that more of your old crew can/will do the same.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,437