Black People Politics : HealthCare.gov

Gracious

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 8, 2013
Greetings Family,:)

By now I'm sure we all have heard about this website & how this LAW will help our People going forward! But what some may not know is ... that its success is contingent upon how many access the healthcare.gov's website & apply!

If you are one of the us that does already have a healthcare plan that works for you ... AWESOME!!! Still access the website because more oft than not ... YOUR plan could be offered at a REDUCED rate!

Check it out ... it won't hurt you ... but it could help - to better the quality of your life and the ones you love!!!

Be patient with this work in progress ... the site itself ... ok? And post your questions ... as I've seen some tech-wizards here & I'm so sure we'll find the answers for you ... huh, I've got some questions too.

Sincerely from me to you.:blowkiss:

https://www.healthcare.gov/
Learn how the health care law affects you at Healthcare.gov. The official site of the Health Insurance Marketplace. See your health insurance choices.
Health Insurance Marketplace
See your individual health care rights at
Healthcare.gov. Get high-quality ...

Small Businesses
Learn how to get health insurance for
your employees at the Marketplace for ...

HealthCare.gov
Information on the kinds of health
insurance, benefits, and how to choose
the ...

Prevention
Learn about preventive care benefits at
Healthcare.gov. Read about the many ...

Health Insurance
Learn how to get health coverage for
you and your family at Healthcare.gov.

Pre-existing conditions
If you have a pre-existing condition you
have options under the new ...

Getting Lower Costs
You can be getting lower costs on
coverage through the Health Insurance

Find Local Help
Get personal help applying for health
coverage... Enter City and State or Zip ...

How does the health care law ...
Learn about the new health care law at
Healthcare.gov. Read about your rights

How does the Affordable Care ...
Learn about the health care law
changes. New Health Insurance
Marketplace, ...

Dear Family,

Because being uninsured will NOT be an option for 95% of all households going forward in 2014 … it is imperative that you choose! Why? Because, by ignoring your benefits of “Healthcare “ … you’ll be subject to strict financial penalties. Why? Because the only way for the Healthcare Plan to work, is through maximum participation.

Getting Covered:

A one-page guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace

A quick rundown on the most important things to know about the Health Insurance Marketplace, sometimes known as the health insurance “exchange.”
The new Health Insurance Marketplace helps uninsured people find health coverage.

When you fill out the Marketplace application they will tell you if you qualify for:

1.Private health insurance plans. We’ll tell you whether you qualify for lower costs based on your household size and income. Plans cover essential health benefits,pre-existing conditions, and preventive care. If you don’t qualify for lower costs, you can still use the Marketplace to buy insurance at the standard price.

2.Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These programs provide coverage to millions of families with limited income. If it looks like you qualify, we’ll share information with your state agency and they’ll contact you. Many but not all states are expanding Medicaid in 2014 to cover more people.

No matter what state you live in, you can use the Marketplace. Some states operate their own Marketplace. In some states, the Marketplace is run by the Federal government. Find the Health Insurance Marketplace in your state.

Most people must have health coverage in 2014 or pay a fee.If you don’t have coverage in 2014, you’ll have to pay a penalty of $95 per adult, $47.50 per child, or 1% of your income (whichever is higher). The fee increases every year. Some people may qualify for an exemption to this fee. If you enroll by March 31, 2014, you won’t have to pay the fee for any month before your coverage began.

You’re considered covered if you have Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, any job-based plan, any plan you bought yourself, COBRA, retiree coverage, TRICARE, VA health coverage, or some other kinds of health coverage.

If you’re eligible for job-based insurance, you can consider switching to a Marketplace plan. But you won’t qualify for lower costs based on your income unless the job-based insurance is unaffordable or doesn’t meet minimum requirements. You also may lose any contribution your employer makes to your premiums.

If you have Medicare, you’re considered covered and don’t have to make any changes.You can’t use the Marketplace to buy a supplemental or dental plan.

Marketplace open enrollment ends March 31, 2014. If you enroll by December 15, 2013, coverage can begin as soon as January 1, 2014.

Questions? Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)

Ready to apply? Learn the 4 ways you can apply for coverage.

Greetings Everyone,:)

I was led to begin this thread because of conversations I've had with my People throughout this country concerning healthcare. I'm sure that it wouldn't surprise anyone to know how poorly we are covered within almost every economic level that we've achieved!

But when we get sick & we've been smoke-screened into thinking that our current plan is sufficient (that's if we're blessed enough to have coverage) and we find out the inadequacies ... WHAT THEN????

OR
We own a business ... a business that employs others - to the levels that "require" that we carry healthcare benefits for employees ... WHAT THEN???

The SHOP Marketplace is Open for Business!

Questions about SHOP? Call 1-800-706-7893 (TTY: 1-800-706-7915) Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. EST

What is the SHOP Marketplace?

he Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) is a new program that simplifies the process of buying health insurance for your small business.
For 2014, the SHOP Marketplace is open to employers with 50 or fewer full-time-equivalent employees (FTEs). The advantages of using SHOP include:
  • You control the coverage you offer and how much you pay toward employee premiums.
  • You can compare health plans online on an apples-to-apples basis, which helps you make a decision that's right for your business.
  • You may qualify for a small business health care tax credit worth up to 50% of your premium costs. You can still deduct from your taxes the rest of your premium costs not covered by the tax credit. Beginning 2014 the tax credit is available only for plans purchased through SHOP.

Greetings Family,:)

By now I'm sure we all have heard about this website & how this LAW will help our People going forward! But what some may not know is ... that its success is contingent upon how many access the healthcare.gov's website & apply!

Dear Family,

Because being uninsured will NOT be an option for 95% of all households going forward in 2014 … it is imperative that you choose! Why? Because, by ignoring your benefits of “Healthcare “ … you’ll be subject to strict financial penalties. Why? Because the only way for the Healthcare Plan to work, is through maximum participation.

Greetings Everyone,:)

I was led to begin this thread because of conversations I've had with my People throughout this country concerning healthcare. I'm sure that it wouldn't surprise anyone to know how poorly we are covered within almost every economic level that we've achieved!

But when we get sick & we've been smoke-screened into thinking that our current plan is sufficient (that's if we're blessed enough to have coverage) and we find out the inadequacies ... WHAT THEN????

In the Spirit of Update,

The only thing that could get in the way of the law succeeding, in fact, is the endless sadism of the GOP. As the recent government shutdown illustrated vividly, the Republicans are no longer interested in governing at all, let alone helping average Americans. They want only one thing, and that is to usurp as much power as they possibly can, and to hurt the Democrats even at the expense of destroying the nation; and their weapon of choice (at least at the moment) is the destruction of Obamacare.
If that is not bad for America's health, I don't know what is.

Why the Assault on Obamacare Is Unfounded and Sadistic

This week a Republican friend of mine sent me an email asking why I had suddenly gone silent on Obamacare, except he called it Nobamacare, and went on to gloat about how it was a disaster. Other than the fact that I have written about it, what struck me was the barely hidden sense of glee in his message. He was taking pure pleasure in the ACA's rollout problems.
The glitches with the HealthCare.gov website and the abrupt cancellation of insurance policies for some Americans are certainly problems that need to be addressed, but they are by no means a death sentence for the landmark law and nor are they as calamitous as the GOP would like us to believe they are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sanja...amac_b_4298705.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Thank you Clyde!!!

Thank you for the diligence you show in TRUTH telling!

Our President has been vilified for DARING to go where NO Caucasian has gone before! Our President, an African American MAN ... mastered the political game of politics long enough to see into law, that every human-being in this land could be afforded "substantially good" health insurance!

And the ONLY retort from his haters has to do with the "fake" - overblown "glitches"???? of a website??? A website??? Really???

Did you know that there are factions sourced DEEP in the GOP (aka David & Charles Koch - The Koch brothers), that have a ground game - going state to state, trying to "strong-arm" Governors & other state legislative officers to deny certain portion of this plan / Law to their own citizens ... in hopes to ahhh ... DERAIL Obamacare???

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back