Health tips.

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by I-khan, Feb 19, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    My diet, if you have any suggestions let me know.:weights: :weights:

- SMOOTHIES
    - STEAM VEGETABLES ( as much as you want)
    - LEAN MEATS - ( turkey, chicken, fish, white pork)
    - WHOLE GRAIN BREAD
    - FRUITS
    - MILK

EXAMPLE OF A DAY OF MEALS , FOR ME.

6:00 AM -POWER SMOOTHIE ( 16OZ OF WATER, FOUR FROZEN STRAWBERRIES, HALF A BANANA, 1 MEASURED CUP OF UNCOOKED OATMEAL, AND TWO SCOOPS OF PROTEIN POWDER) BLEND & DRINK.

9:00 AM - SNACK ON APPLE SLICES & PEANUT BUTTER. EAT ABOUT 6 SLICES OF APPLE WITH ABOUT 4 TEASPOON SCOOPS OF PEANUT BUTTER. EAT THE PEANUT BUTTER RIGHT OFF OF THE SPOON WHILE EATING THE APPLES. WATER !

11:30 AM- A NICE SIZE SLICED TURKEY SANDWICH. USE FOUR SLICES OF TURKEY, TWO SLICES OF SWISS CHEESE, TWO SLICES OF WHOLE GRAIN BREAD, TWO SLICES OF TOMATO, AND TWO SLICES OF LETTUCE. EAT APPLE SLICES WITH THE SANDWICH. WATER !

2:00 PM - EAT ONE MC TASTY or WHOPPER ! ( yes Mc Donald's) , NO MAYO, EXTRA TOMATO AND LETTUCE. SIDE SALAD , NO DRESSING , WATER ! NO ****** FRIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO CHEESE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EATING THIS MEAL KEEPS YOU FROM GOING CRAZY FOR FAST FOOD. SUBSTITUTE CHICKEN SANDWICH IF YOU LIKE.

4:00 WORKOUT - DRINK GATORAID DURING THE WORKOUT !

5:45 - POWER SMOOTHIE. MAKE THE SAME SMOOTHIE, BUT DRINK HALF. MEASURE OUT 8 OZ TO DRINK PUT THE REST IN THE FRIG FOR LATER ON TONIGHT.

7:00 EAT
    SMALL SALAD , CHICKEN BREAST, STEAMED VEGETABLES, WATER.

9:00 - LAST MEAL LAST HALF OF THAT SMOOTHIE, WITH TWO SOY COOKIES

THE WORKOUT

20 MINUTES OF CARDIO FIRST

MONDAY & THURSDAY - LEGS & SHOULDERS
    TUESDAY & FRIDAY - CHEST & BACK

LEGS AND SHOULDERS

- LEG PRESS - 4 SETS
    - SQUAT- 4 SETS
    - LUNGES - 2 SETS
    - STIFF LEG DEADLIFTS - 2 SETS
    - SEATED CALF RAISES - 3 SETS
    - SHOULDER PRESS - 4 SETS
    - LATERAL DUMBBELL RAISES- 2 SETS
    - UPRIGHT ROWS 3 SETS

ALL SETS SHOULD BE DONE MEDIUM HEAVY FOR 12 REPS.

CHEST AND BACK

- BENCH PRESS- 4 SETS
    - INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS- 4 SETS
    - DIPS - 4 SETS
    - PULLDOWNS - 3 SETS
    - SEATED ROWS- 3 SETS
    - ONE ARM DUMBBELL ROWS - 3 SETS

ALL SETS SHOULD BE DONE MEDIUM HEAVY FOR 12 REPS.

:swim:+ :swim: +:cardio:+:cardio:+:weights:=:hulk: and attention from some of the :bellydance:

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

that sounds like a lot for one day brother, but then again I only eat once a day so maybe it looks like much more than it is...........!

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Looks good depending on what you're trying to accomplish....but in general looks cool...a couple points though.....lose the Swiss cheese unless it's a low fat or fat free cheese, if you're using regular iceberg lettuce change it to romain or a dark green leaf they're more nutritionally dense, drop the hamburgers from Mcdougals (theyr'e soooo good though) but what I do is cheat 1 day a week...whatever I want all that day...on the plain Mcdougals their meat isn't real lean so you're still picking up the fat and transfat and on their salads they use iceberg so don't even bother with their salad just make your own....with the peanut butter I'm not sure what brand you use but some brands are really high in sugar content which you know your body will easily turn to fat (which is not bad if kept in check) read the labels and look for anything syrup listed it's sugar....high fructose especially is readily made into fat ......with the milk make sure it's skim and you're right on point with the water and everything else........as far as the workout I'm not sure what your goals are but looks cool to me.......Hope that helped some....keep working hard Bruh......

MississippiRed

4. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I just practice Yoga, eat no red meat, no sweets, no McDizzle, and I am cool. My diet and workout is not that extrenous as brother I. It sounds like that is a workout designed to increase mass.

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    What are you trying to do? Are you trying to bulk up? That's what it sounds like. You are eating to much protein. All the human body needs is 36 to 45 grams of a day. To much protein will make you bodies ph balance acidic. If your ph balance is acidic it can lead to a host of problems. More specifically acidosis causes calcium to be leeched from your bones making your bones brittle as you get older. Also as you get older the joints have a harder time being able to sustain as much body weight. The muscle will have matured but if you don't feed your muscles they will waste away and there you will become over weight and flabby. Try to maintain a lean athletic build instead of a bulked up muscular build. As you get older get in the habit of eating smaller portions and decrease your meat consumption...If I knew 10 years ago what I know I would not have to start over and retrain myself...

Peace....

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    i'd like to see a picture of the finished product!
    Nice regimine!