Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Wellness,

Health law to put calorie info on vending machines

39d78c6ab407332b470f6a706700d674.jpg

By HOLLY RAMERDecember 28, 2013 10:39 AM

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Office workers in search of snacks will be counting calories along with their change under new labeling regulations for vending machines included in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law.
Requiring calorie information to be displayed on roughly 5 million vending machines nationwide will help consumers make healthier choices, says the Food and Drug Administration, which is expected to release final rules early next year. It estimates the cost to the vending machine industry at $25.8 million initially and $24 million per year after that, but says if just .02 percent of obese adults ate 100 fewer calories a week, the savings to the health care system would be at least that great.
The rules will apply to about 10,800 companies that operate 20 or more machines. Nearly three quarters of those companies have three or fewer employees, and their profit margin is extremely low, according to the National Automatic Merchandising Association. An initial investment of $2,400 plus $2,200 in annual costs is a lot of money for a small company that only clears a few thousand dollars a year, said Eric Dell, the group's vice president for government affairs.

http://news.yahoo.com/health-law-put-calorie-vending-machines-150619883.html

I think if the vending machine owners are going to be expected to display caloric info on their machines, they should take inventory of the items they sell, print it on a regular blank piece of paper and tape it to the side. Saving them money. Did I just read it was going to cost the owners upwards around 25M? This is a silly a** law, I mean really? . Mandating businesses to display whats already on the item when its bought.
This has gotten too "lola granola" if you ask me.

Vending machines aren't the issue, I don't see why they are attacking small business, heck it isn't like they are raking in the dough.

I had planned on buying a vending machine in Febuary, May need to re evaluate my investment.

After reading this article again, me buying a single machine wouldn't affect me,...yet

I think if the vending machine owners are going to be expected to display caloric info on their machines, they should take inventory of the items they sell, print it on a regular blank piece of paper and tape it to the side.

Without a doubt:

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Office workers in search of snacks will be counting calories along with their change under new labeling regulations for vending machines included in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/health-law-to-put-calorie-info-on-vending-machines.79036/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back