Health Body says Black People are Naturally Mad

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Destee, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Health Body says Black People are Naturally Mad

by Lester Holloway
    31/5/2007

[​IMG]
    Dr Shibalade Smith: blamed cannabis not racism for massive disproportionality in system.

RACE EXPERTS hit the roof after an institution claimed figures showing Black people 18 times more likely to be mentally ill was an "under-estimate".

Mental health professionals are outraged after the Institute of Psychiatry concluded there was no evidence of racism.

A report by the body claimed Africans and Caribbeans suffer from even higher rates of schizophrenia than statistics suggest.

Lee Jasper, chair of the African Caribbean Mental Health Commission, rejected the findings. 'We are seeing racism on an industrial scale in the mental health service.

'When you look at the staggering disproportionality of representation within the service then I think there is no other credible explanation to this problem than institutional racism.'

denial

Professor Robin Murray from the Institute of Psychiatry has denied existence of racism in mental health for many years. Now he has released a report that fits his predetermined position.

Prof Murray's views have been regarded as controversial, but now he has gained support from Black and Asian professionals who are joining him in denying racism.

Dr Shibalade Smith, who works in the Maudsley hospital, and Professor Swaran Singh both back Prof Murray.

Their opinions are at odds with official figures that show police twice as likely to refer African Caribbeans to the mental health system.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

Well now....I am floored tho not really. SMH... I have not yet followed this link and trust i would become further disgusted with the assertions laid out. This to me is a true slap in the face for all Afreekan descendents.
    While I agree that the reported rates of "mental illness" are low, I am clear that the root cause of all the illnesses we suffer here are a direct result of our enslavement and colonization.

Schizophrenia is basically a "thought disorder". Well, you tell me how "disordered" our thought processes are when they are based on our oppressors world view. Its like having a eagle believe he's a chicken. The eagle in that position has a "thought disorder" and can be therefore labeled "schizophrenic".
    I suggest the same is true for all Afreekans worldwide. Those of us anywho, who have been forced for over 300-500 years, to learn to think and behave as the european. I call it being "Culturally Schizophrenic". When you add the Spiritual ideologies which are inconsistent with our original systems, one could prolly make a case for Spiritual Schizophrenia as well. Taken together, having adopted the worldview of the european along with their religions..you may then agree that Afreekans DO have some major mental health issues....ALL OF US...As is acknowledged in recovery programs..."some are sicker than others" and Denial is the hallmark characteristic/symptom of an addiction.
    Basically, Addiciton is a dis-ease of the feelings which flow from our thoughts and which dictate/determine our behaviors. One only needs to look at and honestly assess the behaviors of Afreekans towards themselves (individually and collectively) and RE~cognize that something is seriously amiss.

I will be reviewing the above article in greater detail and will specifically be interested in their reference page. I wonder is this listed there:

The Moynihan Report: Why are Black Families in Crisis?
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan argues in his 1965 report that the roots of black families problems lie in the legacy of slavery, growing ubanization, discrimination, and a tradition of matriarchy.
    http://www.children.smartlibrary.org/newinterface/segment.cfm?segment=1805

In addition...I will come back with additional resources to argue what these authors have presented.

As for the good Dr. Smith there....thoroughly infested is my professional assessment. I'd call it a Code Red and one day i may even get around to sharing in writing or on the mic more about my code system.

3. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    One more thing for now....

I agree that Afreekan Descendents are "naturally mad"...M.A.D. = Men/Mothers of Afreekan Descent

4. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    While reading this article, the first thought that came to my mind was that truetothecause would be all over it, and she didn't disappoint me LOL.

I really don't have a good background in psychology, just a few college classes and law enforcement training. I think from interviewing hundreds of black people from all over the world, that we are definitely a people that are angry about slavery and colonialism. I recently talked to a gentleman from a small country in South America called Belize, the slave trade was even more externsive there than in the US, only four percent of all the African Slaves came to the US. He said that he was definitely upset about slavery even though it was now in the past, and he didn't experience it himself. Those sentiments have been expressed by black folks living in Europe and Canada also.

I work in a large international airport in Philadelphia and black travelers make up less than four percent of all the travelers. They probably represent more than half of those that become unruly and have to be contained. Cries of Racism are frequent complaints even when there is only routine questioning taking place. There seems to be a lot of fear of the black folks that end up being questioned. I think that there are many officers, black, white and others, who will react in a negative way to black person, just out of fear. Some is based on experience. So I'll conclude by saying that we probably do have more mental problems than others, but I don't think we are born with them, nor do I believe the victims can't be helped.

We need not go any further than our televisons to see the "insanity" of the ghetto. I remember reading about Danilel Moynihan during the sixties,I believe he was a Senator at the time. Given a lot of the circumstances that we are surrounded with, it's probably true that a lot of us reach our breaking point before we get any help.

There are also certain behaviorial patters that are unique to other groups of people also, most probably stem from the circumstances under which they exist also.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    White Supremacy and racisim is a 360 circle. The job of the outer circle is to control and define everything contained within the circle. Power is the ability to put forth ideas and to have others accept those ideas as being true and as being their own. This they have been successful at doing due to their control and definition of religion, education (miseducation), economics, politics, law, sex, labor, entertainment and war.

This report which was backed by so called black professionals has the objective of stirring up and enticing extreme "emotional reactions" from the very people it was aimed against...Us !! This is an act of "distraction" which is always injected in our circumference to monitor our reactions and to see who the "new voices of leadership" may or may not be. A very good "war tactic", for those of us who play chess.

This we need not feed into or get ourselves roused up about. They are simply doing their job...divide, define, redefine, access, re-access and maintain psychological and social confusion and misdirection from what they really have going on . Only those best qualified and who are in the position to deal with this need involve themselves.

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

I can appreciate the views expresed here. One question or thought i had has to do with your last sentence...
    I wonder who they are??

7. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved:

The Human Beings are the most Mental disturbed specie on this planet, therefore crazy people are not qualified to psychoanalyze Black people objectively and I daresay at all, because of their Racist Nature and any Black professional that agree with this document will also display a Mental disorder.

the discipline of psychiatry is a discipline created by Racist crazy Human Beings, because the attitude and behavior they express toward Black people, such is of a Mind that is Mentally disturbed, there is no greater psychosis displayed than by the Human Being, they creates their own reality which is an illusion and have it to become real by their racist acts against Black and poor people of a dark shaded color. .

HILY

Osiris
    Chief Elder
    FWIOAM/SRM

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Dr. Joy Leary
    Dr. Francis Cress Welsing
    Dr. Neely Fuller
    Dr. Wade Nobles and many others. In other words, those in that field who have an African Consciousness and the academic sheepskin to counter them on a professional level in terms and analysis that they can not counter.