Black Spirituality Religion : Healing, Community and Chakras

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    In greet you in the spirit of Sankofa and re-membering,

I am a firm believer in healing and primarily the Healing of our people. Because of this, sometimes I may come off as a strong and ardent advocate for our ancestral traditions and beliefs and the reason why is... I believe we suffer from ancestral blockages. Yes, in Afrikan belief, when the ancestors are not exalted/elevated to proper status and are not cared for, they will place blocks in the life of their children to make them pay attention. Understanding this concept, I see the current social ills we face as a collective, eg., Black on Black crime, poverty, disfunctional households, high health risks, and the phantom of low expectation - as signs of imbalance and displeased ancestors. Our collective and individual ancestral souls has been misplaced due to the traumatic experience of the Maafa and need to be re-located!

A group of dedicated people, myself included, have decided to develop the village concept. We strive to function as a whole; each looking out for the well-being of the other to the best of our abilities. Recently, we have broke ground for a collective village garden, specializing in organic food. We are also trying to impact the consciousness of our overall community through the use of symbols, icons, signs and examples of unity/Umoja/cooperation/Ujima. This adventure has created a sense of kinship among us and by working together in a similar fashion as our ancestors did, a sense of spirituality has evolved. The children of the village refer to their elders as either Baba or Mama, because each child is our child and we strive to see and ensure that child grow to his/her potential. We are bounded by any religious doctrine or philosophy; we are just a group of Black folk concerned about our quality of life and connected by an Afrikan consciousness/re-Afrikanization.

Once again, this group of committed friends are working on formulating a healing system using light/sound (vibration) and the chakras. Since our work began, I have been thinking about the chakras heavy lately. I was wondering what are other people's interpretation of them. So what's your opinion/thought/interpretation on the chakras?

Blackbird

2. ANGELIC SOUL

ANGELIC SOUL Well-Known Member MEMBER

I gotta a job while I chase my dream
    Ratings:
    +2
    My thoughts on Chakras

My idea of the chakras is that they are internal wheels of energy located at specific areas within our bodies. These areas of enegry rule over specific regions of our bodies that make up the whole individual. Chakras deal with the physical individual as well as the spiritual. So, you may experience some health issues or the like with a particular region or more than one. Work can be done to unblock chakras, to clean them up and make them healthy. It is said that our energy levels can alter for the good or bad when our chakras are blocked or muddled due to everyday stresses, illness' and even behaviors or habits that are not good for us. When the chakras are clear we are then operating at our optimum levels as human beings, but work must be done consistantly to ward off any negativity within each chakra. It is important to remember that Chakra is also spiritual and when you are working on the physical the spiritual aspects should be developed as well.Work on Chakras can be done through yogic mediations and trances and divinations.

Chakra which is primarily an eastern concept, works with Yoga.

There are 7 of them. Each chakra has a spiritual element of deity that governs it. This depends on which spiritual path you are walking on. The seven are:

1st: Anal region
    2nd: Reproductive region
    3rd: Navel Region
    4th: Heart Region
    5th: Throat Region
    6th: Third eye-which deals with psyhic energy and intuitive natures
    7th: The Crown chakra

This is all knowledge I have acquired through reading... I am going to be working on chakra's soon! I want to clean mine up.

This is a general definition. I would love to learn more!
    Lady Bastet

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Question:

"So what's your opinion/thought/interpretation on the chakras?"

I have been incorporating two books into my health practice,

Chakra Meditation: Transformation through the Seven Energy Centers of the Body by Layne Redmond and,

The Book of Chakra Healing by Liz Simpson.

There are several others, including website articles that I have been studying intensely the past three weeks while going through a detox program. I do not personally have any overactive centers but am underactive in the root and heart centers. These are due to familial/genetic factors which are long standing and have been a lifetime struggle for me to correct. Focusing on developing other facilities, such as the throat center has vastly improved an acid reflux problem and I also do not suffer as much from complications due to asthma and hay fever. My most active centers are the navel and crown and focusing on "opening the Way (i.e. thrid eye) " has helped to compensate for some blockage in the lower-root chakra as my intuition is keener than my physical vision and subjective perception so long as I don't second guess myself.

I am trying to devote more energy towards strengthening the SAMANA to improve the circulatory flow of Prana through my entire system which requires improved diet and exercise, while strenghtening the immune system which is one of my areas of efficient functioning.

4. carlhurd

carlhurd Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10

This concept of community based empowerment is what it should be all about. The only problem I have is that sometimes people can go to far as far as wearing their belief system on their sleeves. It is the way you live and treat others that should promote your belief system not the dress like in Islam the head dress and in Judaism and other religions or belief systems. I personal thing that this is a turn off to many people it is the actions that that speak louder than words not the appearance. If we can agree on a model that can be incorporated within our respective communities then it could work. But we need some strong and dedicated people to make it work without the fear of being intimated by the criminal elements within our communities. I think that this is one of the reasons why our communities are so out of balance is because of the fear factor.

5. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    where is your communtiy

Thank you for your example could you include some examples of how you got started for i would like to start the samething in my community.

6. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
  7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    No where in any of these books (especially the Bible) does it reveal, nor teach about elevation of the Chakras.

8. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

The important thing is not the ideology , doctrine or dogma, but the Way of Living which is Holistic and sets a positive example and serves as a Righteous vehicle for others.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Greetings all,

When it comes to doctrine and dogma, I am diametrically opposed to spreading ideology. In terms of community growth and development, I prefer more practical elements, such as what are the things binds us together; what are the commonalities that are evident and apparent without any form of manipulation or coercion and how can those common things be strengthen for a cohesive unity? The community I spoke of when I initially started this thread was composed of people from a variety of spiritual traditions, but we all were open-minded to work with each other, respected each other's background and shared the same vision for our community. Indeed we were all familiar with each other for some years, had collaborated before to host community programs such as Kwanzaa, and had already considered ourselves sharing a strong kinship. We were all motivated by the concept of intimate community and embraced the idea of village and lineage.

Blackbird (back from hiding in the realms of Mohave)

10. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Greetings and Alafia Brotha Blackbird

It's good to see your return.

Later for now

Odabo!