Black People : He Understands Our Plight?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Very interesting indeed !

"So when black Americans refer to Barack Obama as 'one of us,' I do not know what they are talking about," Crouch wrote in a column in November. "In his new book, 'The Audacity of Hope,' Obama makes it much clearer than he did when running against Keyes that he has experienced some light versions of the many negative assumptions based on his color, but he cannot claim those problems as his own, nor has he lived the life of a black American." Crouch goes on to say that "that should not actually matter," I assume, to the support black Americans will give Obama.

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    He's trying to get elected so he has to be neutral and careful when he makes public statements.
    Have you not noticed that when people are speaking about him on the news they only televise whites because he is trying to get their votes!
    It's called campaign strategy!
    The same way they showed bush in africa knowing his entire family is a bunch of racist!
    Calm down and let history be made.
    My great great grandmother down to my mother ,down to me have been waiting to see this!
    Obama is a really good guy.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

Hate to dis-agree with you, but your great great grandmother saw realities in terms of Black Politics that we have never seen. Example: There were more Black senators, govenors and mayors in America after slavery than we have ever seen in our so called lifetime. Example: The so called first "european president" of America called George Washington was a General under what Black man?...and then what of the other 9 black man who ran this country before George Washington? It appears that it is YOU who have missed realities, not your ancestors...and if they did, maybe they just didn't know.

4. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I don't understand what this article is inferring, the quote "nor has he lived the life of a black American." has to do with the fact that he was not raised in America, this man is misconstruing his words, I can easily make this same assertion; as i lived partly in the US, so my experiences as a black woman in the US would be slightly different from lets say Sister Cursed heart, as was she was born raised in America; still, i am more pro black than angela davis herself.

A black nationalist will never be president of America, the powers that be, aka WHITE SUPREMACY will not allow it, the brother is married to a beautiful dark skinned sister and loves his African Heritage, what more do we want?

He sure is a far cry from clearance thomas or colin powell.

5. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Some are never satisfied!
    The fact is he is running.
    If he wins it would be great!

6. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    We are speaking about the here and now!
    If you don't think much of obama than why don't you run for president?
    Again they may have been in politics but we have never had a black president let alone have them appear on currency.
    Who's picture is on your money that you spend?
    You don't know what Obama has in store.
    Give him a chance!
    Why are you shooting down the possibilty?

7. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    serious situation

I have some questions to ask about mr obama.

1) why is the american main stream(i.e white supremacisit amercia so in love with a black man all of a sudden?

2) Is he a respresentative of the struggle for balance an order on the planet or just another one of thier planted agents to do thier work.

3) Are we to champion based upon his color he has been very careful with his tiger woodish,micheal jordian, way of staying away from concerns that his prodessors had to endure while trying to establish a voice in the policital game.

His sudden popularity and exeptance can only make me start:thinking:

8. Love_Unknown

Love_Unknown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    The president is a figure head, we know that. He doesn't have much of any real power. He's a suit, a smile, a hand shaker, a face, and a symbol. George Washington, for example, was an arrogant idiot, and not even a very good general. This sounds funny, but the only reason he was made the first president was because he wore his military uniform to all of the Congressional meetings. What do we know about Mr. Obama, or any other politician? Not much. Pretty much only what the media tells us. So what we can believe with relative certainty; that he is a Black man with a beautiful brown skinned wife and beautiful Black children. The president is really just an image, and not the actual policy maker in the political machine. So why not let that image be a Black one. Why not let all of the people around the world believe that who they "think" is the most powerful man in the world is a Black man. Why not let all of the Black children in this country and in this world say that the president looks something like me, look what we can do. Why not let his beautiful little girls say that "my daddy is the president." I would "certainly" rather see Mr. Obama in the White House rather than another white man who we "know" is not for us, and almost assuredly against us. Do we have any better candidates with any "real" chance of winning. So would you rather him or another white man? I've never heard of a good politician in my life, of any color, but I prefer Mr. Obama to a white president any day. Give it a chance and see what happens. It might be the same (can't get much worse,) it might be better, it might be really good. Let's see. ;)

9. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    I second that!

10. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    yes i agree with your statement very much

even if he wins i don't see much changing only if the corporations allow it