Black People Politics : HBCU sells out....

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Feb 28, 2017.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,317
    :11100:-5

2. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +353
    We need to talk to all those multitude of Black visitors, Black leaders, he has invited up into the tower and into the Oval office, etc. to answer that question.

3. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +252
    So if I understand you correctly, you're not sure whether to trust the utterances of a white man with a decades long reputation of being a prolific liar, con man, scammer, and racist (who's been sued for refusing to rent to blacks) without having a discussion with a "multitude of Black visitors, Black leaders, he has invited up into the tower and into the Oval office?" Is that correct?

Does the fact that he invited a "multitude of Black visitors, Black leaders, up into the tower and into the Oval office" mean that he DIDN'T refuse to rent to blacks? Does it mean that he DOESN'T have a decades long reputation for being a liar, a con man, and a scammer? Does it mean that the senior adviser that he personally selected, Steve Bannon, ISN'T a well known, in your face white racist who broke off from the political right because, although they were also racist, they weren't racist enough FOR HIM? Does it mean that his hand picked attorney general, Jeff Sessions, DOESN'T have a well established reputation for being a racist, so much so that he was rejected for a position as a federal judge by fellow republicans?

4. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +252
    Yep. It's a no brainer.

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +932
    Y'all have ridiculous expectations. HBCU's are no different than PWIs. The only difference is the student body, faculty and staff are Black vs anything else. Knowledge is knowledge.

I for one am proud to be a HBCU alum. do you not realize that only Black people have our own colleges? There are no Latino universities, nor are there Indian or Asian Universities. Only HBCU's. If I had children, they would have attended HBCUs. But I did insist my godchildren go to HBCU's and one of them actually went to my beloved alma mater, South Carolina State University.

But I do have questions... Why did you go to a HBCU? Why didn't you send your children? The answers to those questions are more telling than this chatter.....