Black People : having more white friends

intolerant

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 18, 2003
do you or anyone you know have more white friends than ppl of your own race (blk)? if so, what do you think about it? does it mean you are a sell out or wat? me for example have a lotta blk friends but my cousin have a lot of white friends and no matter how she try 2 be down with blk ppl she don't seem 2 get along better wit white ppl and she has more white friends than her own race. i told her that she acts white and dat is why she has more white friends. i wasnt tryna be mean but i was jus tryna help and she took it as a insult. so i wonder wat you yall think.

do you or anyone you know have more white friends than ppl of your own race (blk)? if so, what do you think about it? does it mean you are a sell out or wat? me for example have a lotta blk friends but my cousin have a lot of white friends and no matter how she try 2 be down with blk ppl she don't seem 2 get along better wit white ppl and she has more white friends than her own race. i told her that she acts white and dat is why she has more white friends. i wasnt tryna be mean but i was jus tryna help and she took it as a insult. so i wonder wat you yall think.
If your cousin lives around or attends school with mostly white people this would be expected.

do you or anyone you know have more white friends than ppl of your own race (blk)? if so, what do you think about it?

I live and work around exclusively Caucasians.
No problems. I'm not mistreated or anything. In fact, I'm treated quite well.

intolerant said:
does it mean you are a sell out or wat?

It does not, in my opinion.

intolerant said:
me for example have a lotta blk friends but my cousin have a lot of white friends and no matter how she try 2 be down with blk ppl she don't seem 2 get along better wit white ppl and she has more white friends than her own race.

This is cultural more so than racial which will include mannerisms, dress, speech, beliefs, etc.

intolerant said:
i told her that she acts white and dat is why she has more white friends. i wasnt tryna be mean but i was jus tryna help and she took it as a insult. so i wonder wat you yall think.

I wouldn't say she is "acting white". Again, it is cultural.
Its been awhile, but I have been accused of "acting white" because of my diction, manners of speech, as well as the music I may listen to.

If one is around African-Americans of a particular culture, one has to "do as the Romans do" if you will.

On the flip side, I have a fair amount of educated family members. They are Nubian. No problems.

What, exactly, did you mean when you told her that she "acts white"? Does she talk with the twang that Richard Pryor used when he picked on/imitated white people? Does she dance like Carlton on "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air"? What, specifically, does she do that constitute her "acting white"????

do you or anyone you know have more white friends than ppl of your own race (blk)? if so, what do you think about it? does it mean you are a sell out or wat? me for example have a lotta blk friends but my cousin have a lot of white friends and no matter how she 2 try be down with blk ppl she don't seem 2 get along better wit white ppl and she has more white friends than her own race. i told her that she acts white and dat is why she has more white friends. i wasnt tryna be mean but i was jus tryna help and she took it as a insult. so i wonder wat you yall think.

Plz tell you are NOT an adult. This is one way to keep another black person down by making them think they are not black enough.

Gee, I get along with American Indians quiet well, guess i'm a sellout black man.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back