Black Spirituality Religion : Have You Forsook Your Faiths Or Are Your Pastors Etc. Failing You?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by chuck, Mar 28, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    You tell me!

:thinking:

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

My faith is placed in Jesus Christ....a pastor is JUST a man with failings like any other person. I may forsake religion but not my faith in God. The reality is that when people put humans on a pedastal..and when they have a lapse in moral behaviour people begin to say, he failed me. There is nothing in this world that anyone can do that willl SURPRISE me. I am just as vulnerable as the other person. I am not saying that you may not be disappointed, but the heart of man is DECEITFUL...
    I usually try to give each person...THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT.

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Good evening, but I am attempting to get others to fess up as regards what their motives are, i. e., since some takes were or are faith based, as well as better for them to just admit it, in public and in print...

FYI...

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    What some need to believe, others want them to realize they aren't about at all...

I. e., if our relations ethics and morals are a bad case study of emulating the people we claim aren't all that, such isn't our fault...

It's their own...

FYI...

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    My faith is rooted in my personal relationship with the Holy Trinity and God's Word, the Bible.

No pastor's failings could ever shake my faith.

However, I am blessed to have a Pastor, a Spirit-Filled, Word-Filled, Man of God who leads, directs and corrects his congregation and community with love by the Word of God.

I am blessed to be at a church with a Pastor, his wife, several associate ministers, deacons, and male and female elders who are all wonderful teachers and mentors.

Now, any church will have its problems because everyone is not on the same spiritual level as others; but overall, my church is a blessed and anointed place of worship as well as a mental, emotional, and spiritual refuge.

So, no, my Pastor (nor the church) does not "fail" me in any way.

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Yes, I appreciate your heartfelt and thoughtful reply, but what might be true for you and yours, may well be an exception, in times like these...

Also do keep that in mind as well...

FYI...

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I was just answering your title question by what is true for me.

However, when it comes to other Christians, I would venture to say that most of their Pastors are as God-filled, Bible-led men or women as mine is.

Unfortunately, it is the so-called "pastors" who make head-lines when their indiscretions and lies are exposed that get all the attention and not the Pastors who are faithful and wholesome People of God.

Unfortunately, the media and those against Christianity like to concentrate on scandals in some Christian churches and not all the good and positive things that other churches and pastors do in their communities.

But sadly, if a church pastor gets caught in some immoral or illegal behavior, then often every Christian pastor and the whole Christian church gets painted with the same brush.

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Not being a believer myself, (though many spiritual beliefs, etc., among those of us who have shared ancestry etc. with American Indians, characterize why I and others are also humble and faithful to our Creators), but there does seem and sound to be a double standard, i. e., whereas most who are white ministers are just viewed as individual failures, whereas one (black) apple lead to that ole 'they're all alike' b. s.

After all else has been claimed or said, what matters is the judgement calls of their followers...

FYI...

9. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    faith is a concept tied up in Christianity and like belief has no valid logic, reason or reproof.

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    AMEN!