Black Spirituality Religion : Have you ever thought about starting a secret society?

First!

Greetings Brother Blackbird,

Not a society per say, but when I was younger, I did briefly toy with the idea of starting a secret community solely for women and children (male children would be expelled as soon as they were old enough). We would occasionally capture men and keep them as slaves who were then milked for their sperm.

You might scoff, but that society does exist today in Kenya – a public, and more respectful version of course sans the sex slaves called Umoja. It continues to thrive to this day. The men tried to start one, but it fell flat on its face, so now they console themselves by harassing the women.

http://www.feministing.com/archives/003613.html

On a more serious note, would I join/start one? The answer depends on whether the motivation/admission was voluntary or non-voluntary.

The psychological effect of secret societies on people is fascinating to watch though. I recall how a few years ago, the Head of our Department organised an offsite Team building day. People groaned naturally but it was compulsory and there was free lunch so we all had to go. So the day comes, and off we go to the site and I tell you, outside of a cheesy vampire film, I have never seen so many pale faces as people pulled into the parking lot only to be ushered into the conference hall of a Freemason Lodge.

It gets better.

On all the tables, they had these fancy jugs filled to the brim with a dark, ruby red liquid. ‘Is that wine?’ I remember one of my colleagues croaking, her voice full of hope and I wasn’t sure if she wanted to be led to the sacrificial altar while high on a wine-buzz, or if she wanted to check that it wasn’t the blood of an infant.

Happily for me, it was blackcurrant juice. I love that stuff.

Anyway, being involved in Palo and Voudon, I am sure you are a member of a few secret societies yourself. Or is that a secret?. Anyway, my real question is this, you once mentioned corresponding with some members on this site in private, does that qualify as a secret society? a group where something that binds y'all, but excludes the rest of us?

A

First!

Greetings Brother Blackbird,

Not a society per say, but when I was younger, I did briefly toy with the idea of starting a secret community solely for women and children (male children would be expelled as soon as they were old enough). We would occasionally capture men and keep them as slaves who were then milked for their sperm.

You might scoff, but that society does exist today in Kenya – a public, and more respectful version of course sans the sex slaves called Umoja. It continues to thrive to this day. The men tried to start one, but it fell flat on its face, so now they console themselves by harassing the women.

http://www.feministing.com/archives/003613.html

On a more serious note, would I join/start one? The answer depends on whether the motivation/admission was voluntary or non-voluntary.

The psychological effect of secret societies on people is fascinating to watch though. I recall how a few years ago, the Head of our Department organised an offsite Team building day. People groaned naturally but it was compulsory and there was free lunch so we all had to go. So the day comes, and off we go to the site and I tell you, outside of a cheesy vampire film, I have never seen so many pale faces as people pulled into the parking lot only to be ushered into the conference hall of a Freemason Lodge.

It gets better.

On all the tables, they had these fancy jugs filled to the brim with a dark, ruby red liquid. ‘Is that wine?’ I remember one of my colleagues croaking, her voice full of hope and I wasn’t sure if she wanted to be led to the sacrificial altar while high on a wine-buzz, or if she wanted to check that it wasn’t the blood of an infant.

Happily for me, it was blackcurrant juice. I love that stuff.

Anyway, being involved in Palo and Voudon, I am sure you are a member of a few secret societies yourself. Or is that a secret?. Anyway, my real question is this, you once mentioned corresponding with some members on this site in private, does that qualify as a secret society? a group where something that binds y'all, but excludes the rest of us?

A

Interesting concept and interesting story.

In regards to your first question, if I answer it I would have to kill ya. j/k

I do network with a few people of like-minds where we discuss issues and topics relevant to certain things. We are doing any okie-dokie rituals or discussing magick or esoteric stuff or occult things - we just conversate regarding political and economic things. Similiar to your street corner chitchat among brothers at the barber shop or behind the chess board. Checkmate....

Blackbird (the only thing that binds me is my family)

Every thought that I have manifest itself.

So the answer is yes indeedy

This is the concept that our most primitive ancestors have laid for us, so in order to honor them, and respect their knowledge we create and recreate..

true beleivers when they become more in tune with these ways understand that their words actualize..

there is always a physical place in one's being where a thought is a reality prior to it becoming physically manifested outwardly...

that is why i practice the art of controling my thoughts as well as my divine speech

hotep

Interesting concept and interesting story.

In regards to your first question, if I answer it I would have to kill ya. j/k

I do network with a few people of like-minds where we discuss issues and topics relevant to certain things. We are doing any okie-dokie rituals or discussing magick or esoteric stuff or occult things - we just conversate regarding political and economic things. Similiar to your street corner chitchat among brothers at the barber shop or behind the chess board. Checkmate....

Blackbird (the only thing that binds me is my family)

Lol@checkmate.

Back to the original question, "have you ever Have you ever thought about starting a secret society? Why or why not?"

A - Nothing binds me, everything sets me free!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back