Black Teenagers : HAVE YOU EVER RAN AWAY FROM HOME?

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by DA BROTHER LOVE, Jun 25, 2006.

1. DA BROTHER LOVE

DA BROTHER LOVE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    If I look back into my mind, I could remember a few times Ive ran away from home... Although I dont think about it much these days... But a couple of times I can remember Ive had the door slammed in my face, so I had to find other places to sleep for the night. I can remember there was a time when I was about 18, I spent the night in a storage closet.

****... SMH Now that is an interesting story... Maybe Ill tell it one day.

I learned so much about life and struggle that night... One thing I learned is that no matter happens to me, I have the type of spirit where I'll always find a way to survive. From that night on, the way I thought about homeless people had completely changed. I swear I have been thru so much in my life, I could write a book about the **** I done been through.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    DA BROTHER LOVE ... i thought about running away from home, even talked to my Mother about it.

Her response was, "Baby, you don't have to run, just walk."

That kinda took the excitement out of it for me.

:heart:

Destee

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I can remember once i tryed to be grown and stuff
    said i'm leaving running away , you know how them house rules was
    back in the days and my parents said (once i'm gone stay gone but they
    love me and i can visit , my mother told me to hurry up while i'm still grown
    i got scared str8 and got in the bed !)

4. soulful2006

soulful2006 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    i know I ran insarch of some new found independence and I found it
    too bad the plice said I needed to go home, this time when I left home I new how to handle my self. I'm on my own now at 18 and thanking god everyday for a life well put together.

5. MissHoney

MissHoney Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    attempted it twice, Yeah.......... didn't really work out for me

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    The first time i ran away from house i was 16 and i spent a week outside until my finances talked to me.It wasn't easy(God it AIN'T easy) for people that didn't see their parents married.The most time i spent outside was a little bit more than one year so i'd to earn some money for school,to eat and do some other things.
    I was running away from my mother(yep,i lived just with her for a while) because.i did not want to support that she hurted me the way she did.Now i'm22 and i live on my own,so i have more time to try to understand what was(is still)going on in my head.
    So i can't judge people who do it;i don't know what they are going through

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I've run away too for about a week when I was 16. Fortunately for me, my best friends were all atleast 18. One had her own place which she shared with her fiance. I spent my week in totall bliss and false independency. I would have stayed gone but my conscious started to take it's toll. Imagining the worry I must have caused my mom sent me scurrying back home.

:heart:

8. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    When I was about 14 I had a bad report card from school I didn’t want my parents to know about so I briefly thought about running away from home but I chickened out once I realized that I had no money and would get hungry in a few hours LOL :)

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I ran away only to find that what I was running to was worse than what I was running from.

10. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    never really ran away.. or atleast i dont consider it running away. i would just stay at my best friend house for weeks at a time.. but i always had the option to come back. my family has been homeless for a lil while before i went to college... oh did that make me appreciate my bed and having a room in college. i think wen was force to move off campus in order to stay in school and required to work at least 3 jobs and do classes..was the worst...
    but it just makes all my college diplomas even more worth it.