Black Spirituality Religion : Have you been baptist....?what did you feld ,?what does it means to you

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Auroraflower, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    I was just wondering ..

if you family are bapsist...?

(i mean if you believe in god and his son.. )

have you been bapsist the way it was written ...

like in a state where you made the choice for yourself (not as a baby)....

by sebmerge under the water...

and before that admidding you are a sinner ..(means you are a human that makes faults)

and my second question is...

what is the reason why you have not done this yet......?

If you done it ..what did you feld ?

just wondering....

Love you fam:heart:

Loveauroraflower:heart:

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Yes, I do believe in God. I do believe that He had a Son. I do believe in the Message that Jesus was sent to remind us of. But all of God's Children bring that same message, if we would just listen to OurSelves rather the words in the books, or the authorities, whom have gotten the message (wrongly, generally) from the same place that we did.

However, I classify all of it as a "Working Knowledge": "so it is written, so does it work", rather than as a mere "belief".

No. By this definition, I "have not been baptised". However, I have, indeed, been "baptised" by my "submersion under the waters" of existence.

What is the purpose of this ritual? Is it a ritual of rebirth that is symbolizd by our rising as in ".. Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the land appear:.." [Gen 1:9]? Is it a ritual symbolizing the "washing away of our sins"? Do we become, then, a new being with a reduced degree of "free will"?

God knows my heart, and I know that; what's the sense in "sinning" if it isn't gonna be hidden from the only two Beings for which it matters: God and MySelf? For that matter, what's the sense in "sinning" period? "Humans can't help it."?? I have free will; I can too help it!!

Harping on the things that we do that are deemed "wrong" takes a lot of energy and time away from the things that we could be doing/are doing that are "right". As a human with "free will", there are definitely times when I'm going to make a decision that has faults. I can learn from them. Tossing a label on that, and giving it so much weight strikes me as a very effective tool to keep a people subjugating themselves. Appears to be working remarkably well, in fact!

Don't need the pagentry. Me and God know what's up with me, and that's all that matters. Nor is it anybody else's business. I don't feel that I need to "prove" to someone else anything about my God Given Gift of Life.

It's more than setting aside "moments" in "prayer": breathing, talking, thinking, EXISTING is "prayer".

It's about more than "going to church on sunday and sometimes on wednesday": Existence is my "church", where ever I breathe, where ever I am.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

I am baptised daily................everytime new knowledge (water) cultivates the mind (womb) I am born again and again and again!!!

No, I don't subscribe to the notion that the GOd of the Bible had a Son named Jesus.......I do subscribe to the fact that this story in the bible is symbolic of something else that took place and happen to us!!

peace

4. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    I never really understodd the whole water baptism thing.. Does going down into water really cleanse you, spiritually.. ??.. .

I was born and raised in a Pentecostal church.. I believe in the speaking of tongues and in the baptism of the fire... (Father, Son and the Holy Ghost)

5. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    What is Baptised??

Hotep

Baptisim means: Initiation into the Ancient Mysteries,but you first must be cleaned to inter the temple, and the temple must be clean, any other meaning is False. When the person in the story called "John the Baptist" was doing this he was in the process of Initiating students into the Ancient Mystries. Like every thing else, this has been curopted in to some "Spooky-Thing", with out the real meaning, to support a story that has been manipulated for selfish purposes by the same people who is said to chop off the head of this man. Why did they chop off his head, after he came in contact with his student "Jesus"?? (PBUH). Ware did Jesus come from after disapearing from age 12 until age 30?? Ware did Jesus spend that time away from the Roman controled cities?? Your Jesus was in Afrika, studying what you should be studying today and that is the knowlege of Self. By the time he returned he was a practicing Master of Healing ect. Like every thing else, this story is "Spooky" by people who did not want you to know how to find your way back to the Truth. Every time you take a bath, that is Baptisim and a form of initation into Clenliness ect.

Ase`

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Other than the GOD INFO's statements (which are right and exact as usual), I have no use for the custom of "Baptism".

Lonnie Shabbazz, one of the Ministers of the Nation Of Islam over a decade ago, instructed us that "what is the purpose of being baptized? You dip a fool in the water 3 times......He's still a fool, just a wet fool". :rolleyes:

However, there are several spiritual cleansing rituals that I take part in from time to time, just not any Christian-oriented one.

PEACE

7. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    EXACTLY
    as my late grandmother used to say.. "You go down a devil and come up a wet devil"

I've heard people say that in order to receive God on the inside, the outside must be cleansed... But water alone doesn't cleanse anything... Going down into the water, will only make you wet and wet only..

God wants us to come as we are.. He's able to cleanse us internally, externally, mentally, emotionally.. etc.. it starts from with in..

8. JoWillie

JoWillie Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    What does my Christian faith mean to me is this:

John 3:16
    16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. :luv:

Acts 4:12
    Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." :hearts4:

Acts 10:43
    43All the prophets testify about him (Jesus) that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
    (From Abraham to Malachi, all of the Old Testament prophets spoke or prophesized of the coming Christ, Jesus.)

Matthew 7:13
    13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
    Peace !!!

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Uhmmm, isn't this a mistranslation? One of the problems of reading the Bible in English (a language it was not originally written in, I suppose). :read:

Funny, that's not what Jesus himself said........More of Paul attempting to speak on Y'sha's behalf.

Imaginary characters, speaking about imaginary characters.

Matthew 7:13
    13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
    Peace !!![/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what does this have to do with Baptism?

PEACE

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Besides being a mistranslation, if god so loved the world then why is it so easy to go to hell? Nobody told god to put the tree of knowledge in the garden.

Would you take a child and set him on a window ledge with the instructions not to jump just to test if he will be obedient or not?
    Can you point me to the verse you are speaking of where Jesus said something contrary to this. I'd really like to have that undeer my belt. But FYI this is Peter not Paul

This verse has always puzzled me. Jesus is not his real name nor the name Peter used when he said this so are christians committing idolatry when they use a name given by the Romans? If the name Peter spoke here is the only one by which we can be saved then is all christendom going to hell for using the wrong name?