Black People Politics : Have We Sunk So Low?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by river, Jan 31, 2012.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    By now you all know Newt Gingrich's outrageous suggestion that our children be made to work as janitors in school. And we know how the Whites of this nation gave him a standing ovation. The same Whites who only yesterday told us that racism is a thing of the past and we need to get over slavery and move on.

But what is Newt talking about if not slavery? Do White people think we have sunk so low as a people that Black mothers would voluntarily allow our children to clean toilets and scrub floors? Of does he mean that this should be mandatory labor? Oh but he said they would be getting a paycheck, so it wouldn't be slavery. I disagree said W.E.B.

My mother is only 66 years old but she knows first hand the humiliation of jim crow. It wasn't that long abo. The only thing keeping us from going back is a piece of paper. We think we are free now—but our freedom and our place in this society is as thin as the paper on which it rests.

I don't agree with everything Obama says. I have a love-hate relationship with him. But after seeing Newt and Romney and Ron Paul and all those other cats the Republicans are putting up there, I'm ready to forgive Obama for whatever. If smaddy said ok Rhonda, if you refuse to vote then we won't hold elections in 2012 and we just won't have a president at all. But nobody said that so I'm not going to let the Republicans win by default. Obama may not be all we want him to be but anyone of those republicans running now will make George Bush look tame. That piece of paper may be all we've got but like Chuck Brown said, keep what you got til you get what you need.

How is allowing the republicans to snatch away even the little bit that we have any different from Clarence Thomas folding his arms and refusing to vote while Whites make the decision to kill Troy Davis? Think about it before you call smaddy else an Uncle Tom.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Well said sister river, well said indeed.

Peace In,

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

........Are you in receipt of GroupThink's PDF on the book, sister river? It was sent awhile back, it maybe in your spam folder.

Peace In,

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

It's all a big con game to make the american people feel as if they really matter. No matter who one 'votes' for in any presidential election, the outcome has already been pre-determined, but folks don't want to hear that because they want to feel like they and their vote really matter.

The only thing the 'rich' understand is getting 'richer'. So if newt made a statement like that he is talking to the rich and super rich in their languange. We may get upset, but that's because most of us don't understand their language. I mean they still show our woman naked in africa on regular tv channels trying to say that we're still un-civilized, but they don't do that to european woman in europe. Not even when the show is about old england back in the 15 or 16oo's and you know those beast's didn't have no clothes or perfume the way they portray it, but they make sure their woman is covered up.

Look how they made fun of hurricaine Katrina and left our people stranded, all the while lying to us about rescue efforts.

Newt G. is Al sharptons handler on the national level and bloomberg on the state level.

[​IMG]

Has he spoken out about these comments?

I doubt it!

So should we really be surprised when they say things like this? I'm not, it's the nature of the beast. If anything, the real motive of the comments are to make sure that Obama get's your vote, though on the surface you're supposed to think they are against him!

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    The lesser of two evils strategy just gets progressively worse without reform. Any progress that's attempted will ultimately be wiped out by 20-year plans that are formed by ideological stances. What happens when you cant vote for Obama?

There will probably always be racist lunatics, aging fascists, and corporate sock puppets. I think focus is better spent on trying to push for things like getting rid of the idea that corporate dollars are free speech, the rich magically trickle down jobs and money, and to end all of those corrupt ways people in congress can make money in office (i.e insider trading is illegal even while you're in office). I think this can be done to our benefit whether you decide to vote conservative or America's version of liberal.

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    I have watched most of the debates. If you listen to what they plan on doing to the poor, middle class and us, there is no way you can not do the right thing. That's why I think some in here are right wing, tea bagger, pub;ican plants. Or just plain idiots. The elephant people only seem to like the rich

7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I think that even now when it is most painfully obvious to all Americans, "who really matters in this game" people still want to believe that the Republicans and Dems are on opposite sides of the aisle when that is simply a falsehood and a big one at that. There are only two kinds of people in this world the haves and the have nots thats all there ever has been and all there ever will be if we continue to allow it. People can love Obama all day long and shout when he sings but at the end of the day it doesnt change the fact that he sided with wall street at every turn and wall street put him where he is today. He owes them and he is their friend because of it NOT OURS. Remember even though I voted for him, it wasnt my money that funded his campaign, it was his friends at FANNIE and Freddy and who ever else gave him a jump with out it we'd all be going "Ba-whata? Who the hell is that?" This whole Dem/Rep are distractions, even the factors of white supremacy and race are distractions. White supremacy has been the vehicle the savage uses to get more of what he wants, even while oppressing the people that look like him! Then you have foolish poor whites and by poor I mean people who have less than 1 billion dollars to their names, (yes I said Billion) who actually sympathize and identify with people who dont even care about them and plan to wipe them out with the rest of the undesirables!! Here is the thing: Most whites sympathize with Newt and his ignorance because they benefit from the filth of white supremacy just the way he does and those who want Obama out and even some that dont wouldnt do a **** thing to stop a lynch party or genocide if it were to occur today simply because they benefit from it even if they are not directly involved. MLK once said "there comes a time when silence is betrayal" well my friends Obama has been silent on way too many issues for far too long. What most dont realize is that he betrayed the people who like him long before he decided to run for president. So in essence it really matters not who becomes president what matters is whether or not Americans are gonna wake up to the ruse and say enough is enough and run these facist,racist, imperialist pigs out of the country for good, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    For those that you consider to be such, what were they 5 years ago before obama stepped on the scene to campaign?

Also, Who is the 'US' in this statement? Because you mention the 'poor' and the 'middle class', then you say 'US' as if you are not part of either of the other 2 groups you mentioned.

Why must 'doing the right thing' always revolve around doing what Kemestry says we should do?

9. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    "Silence is betrayal"

We have a choice between declared enemies or sub-rosa traitors. If we choose not to choose then we choose silence and betray our own selves.

What benefit will the White Wing gain if we all vote for Obama? But it's very obvious what they will gain if we just sit on our @$$e$ and remain silent . To struggle and lose is not shameful. To suffer without struggling at all is despicable.

10. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I have a suggestion. I'm not against working per se, but how about teaching our children work, how to produce and do for self, in addition to showing them how to gauge if the juice is worth the squeeze as well as making sure to collect one's fruits from labor?

Teaching labor is fine and dandy, but I would seek to teach property.
    How about labor as a choice and not as a necessity?

I want to teach my family to acquire property that produces either income, fruits (fructus), or both

What we are ultimately discussing are various degrees of servitudes. Slavery being but one and employment yet another.

When you don't own your own stuff necessary for your maintenance or survival, then you have to use other peoples' stuff. If you use other peoples' stuff, they are going to attach terms and conditions to your usage of their stuff.

I'm hustlin' to get my own stuff !!

This is all because of not having one's own stuff.