Egypt : Have We Started With The Most Difficult?

river said:
I have to agree with Sami and Sam. Going from Christianity straight into an ATR text is a big leap to make without some kind of bridge. Your question alone shows that your spirit is aware of this.

When we read the Pert or the Metu Neter our western minds immediately ask did these things actually happen. Did Ani actually exist? Using exoteric methodology we cannot move forward without answering both questions in the affirmative. And yet both questions are utterly irrelevant to to the spiritual systems we are trying to study.

Ratrher than setting ourselves up to be overwhelmed and discouraged, I suggest that we take a look at the books Sami listed and together outline principles that will guide us when we read the Pert. As C.S. Lewis said sometimes the longest way around is the shortest way home.

True indeed.

I think what might be helpful, is a Q&A session, conducted by some of the Kemetic SHEMSU (Initiates) here.

PEACE

Samurai
And, I can almost guarantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if anyone here is finding Metu Neter to be difficult, then you are going to find virtually all other ATR's (as well as other esoteric systems) to be just as difficult, without the proper methodology to understand them. All of the afore-mentioned systems work under the very same premise.

River
Ratrher than setting ourselves up to be overwhelmed and discouraged, I suggest that we take a look at the books Sami listed and together outline principles that will guide us when we read the Pert. As C.S. Lewis said sometimes the longest way around is the shortest way home.

Count me in.

SAMURAI36 said:
It evinced to me in another thread here, that the failure for some people to grasp the truest meaning of this system stems from using a methodology o thinking that does not run congruent to learning this system.

As in taking things and names literally and missing the allegorical and metaphorical meaning of the text.
*More besides, there are alot of falsehoods and incorrect notions being uttered here, all by people who clearly have not demonstrated any level of experience with this system.

These notions are:

You have to know Kemetic History, Language, culture, etc in order to have a thorough understanding of this system = FALSE
(As most of the initiates here can attest, this sort of knowledge is not necessary to reach one's true goal of this system, which is spiritual ascension. Moreover, many of us did not have such an understanding, when we first ventured to learn this system.

Granted, many of us had already possessed a certain affinity for the culture and history of Kemet, but it fared us no better than those of us who did not. Eventually, we all learned the culture anyways, because our teachers used the spiritual system as a means of teaching the culture.)

Absolutely!

I have found that practice translates into a better way of learning the culture. Some of the most spiritually evolved people I know who've been using this system to improve themselves can't read the language and couldn't care less whether the Hyksos were black or white or whether Moses was Akhenaton, etc., but they understand the culture and use this understanding to raise better children, improve their relationships with their friends & family, help them succeed in life, and have a great deal of insight when it comes to a knowledge of self, society and the world. etc. This is the real measure of the worth of a religion. Historical knowledge can come later.

Granted, many of us had already possessed a certain affinity for the culture and history of Kemet, but it fared us no better than those of us who did not. Eventually, we all learned the culture anyways, because our teachers used the spiritual system as a means of teaching the culture.)
I'm sure we all know people who pride themselves on being walking encyclopedias of Kemetic/Afrikan history but can't get their lives in order and have poor interpersonal skills. This is because they have volumes of information about "Kemetic/Afrikan stuff" but don't have knowledge of how it can be used for self improvement.
I say again, that a different way of thinking is all that is required. People are trying to force square pegs into round holes with this.
An' dat's da troof!!

Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother Sami RaMaati ... thank you for suggesting a book that may prove easier to start with.

Family, my concern is, if it is as difficult to learn / grasp / understand, as is being presented in this forum, how can we expect the masses of our people to move toward it? I mean, there has to be a bridge that is easy to cross (easier than this). I'm well aware of the conditioning i've been victim of, and i know it's not a whole lot different than the conditioning all of our people have experienced ... so with that in mind ... how do we make it easy for the majority to embrace what our Ancestors left for us?

To simply declare that everyone must change the way they think, without giving them any tools in which to do that, does not get us to where we need to be. What good is knowledge if you can't get anyone else to understand or embrace it?

Either this information is worthy of us coming up with a way to make it easy for others to understand ... or it's not.

I've already said that i know nothing of these things, but i have thoughts of my Ancestors, their wisdom, their knowledge, their experiences, and i believe with my whole heart, that if they left something for us ... being as wise as they were ... they left it in a way that it would be (relatively) easy for us to get to and understand.

Would you all not agree, that there must be an easy (easier) way to get to the meat of this?

I can't help but think of the Bible, and how they are laying around free everywhere. This is what we are up against, others freely giving out their information to our people, yet, we can't give this information freely. We must spend money on more books (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but compared to what we're up against, free stuff, then it does add to the challenge we face), and based on this discussion thus far, in addition to buying the books, we must have someone more knowledgeable than ourselves, explaining it to us.

Brother Sami RaMaati ... you said the following, and i cannot agree more ...

I'm sure we all know people who pride themselves on being walking encyclopedias of Kemetic/Afrikan history but can't get their lives in order and have poor interpersonal skills. This is because they have volumes of information about "Kemetic/Afrikan stuff" but don't have knowledge of how it can be used for self improvement.

What good is knowing all of this information, if it hasn't moved those who know it, to be more loving, kind, and patient with their own people? Perhaps i am expecting too much from this knowledge. What can be expected from those who are aware?

I know i've probably rambled some here, but if you can follow me, please understand that my concern is for us collectively. I'm of the opinion, that we must find a way that makes it easier for the majority, to understand what our Ancestors left. While i'm not the smartest person in this community, my heart goes out to the one that could possibly be considered the "least of us" ... which could easily be me ... and it is us that this must be easy for. Is this knowledge only for the very smartest amongst us?

Brother Sami RaMaati ... you also said the following ...

Some of the most spiritually evolved people I know who've been using this system to improve themselves can't read the language and couldn't care less whether the Hyksos were black or white or whether Moses was Akhenaton, etc., but they understand the culture and use this understanding to raise better children, improve their relationships with their friends & family, help them succeed in life, and have a great deal of insight when it comes to a knowledge of self, society and the world. etc. This is the real measure of the worth of a religion. Historical knowledge can come later.

It is this part i am looking forward to reading and learning. I guess it's coming soon.

Do we need to just start all over? Come up with a plan that will make this easier for the majority?

Brother SAMURAI suggested a Q&A with Kemetic SHEMSU (Initiates) ... that would be a good starting place i suppose. How many Kemetic SHEMSU (Initiates) do we have in the community? How does one become a Kemetic SHEMSU (Initiate)? I don't even know what a Kemetic SHEMSU Initiate is, or what SHEMSU even stands for and means.

I know my questions may seem elementary, confused, and way off track, but trust, if mine are this way, others will be too. Our questions should be able to be answered in the best of manners, while still being able to teach this information in a way that folk can understand and embrace it. Those teaching should be aware of the condition those trying to learn are in, even anticipating our questions, and have some way(s) to overcome the majority of this.

Can this be made plain, to the least of us?

Or are we going to just settle with the fact that most of our people are too conditioned, dumb, etc., to learn?

:heart:

Destee

Brother SAMURAI suggested a Q&A with Kemetic SHEMSU (Initiates) ... that would be a good starting place i suppose. How many Kemetic SHEMSU (Initiates) do we have in the community?
In my deep, deep conversations with several so called Kemetic spiritualist in the Religion and Spirituality forum I have know grown to doubt their ability to transmit faithfully any information or Q & A they might setup. I don’t mean to be disruptive but due to their previous debates and writings I personally do not have faith in their ability to explain writings from Kemet.

I think we should go in the original direction that we were headed. Each person read the book and give their own opinion, understanding etc….

Once we start allowing it to go in a specific direction then we have destroyed the essence of independent thought.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back