Black Women : Have we been raising weak Black men??

brother james makes a valid point...and he's been saying it for years on this site....
case in point...
everything of this planet earth works in a cyclical fashion...
day/night...4 seasons...birth/death...etc.
when we were captured and forced into slavery it set a deadly chain of events in motion...
the black mans ability to take care and provide for his family was neutralized
the black mans sense of worth was neutralized as they were made to feel less than a man
the black mans spirituality was neutralized as they were forced to adopt christianity or die in most instances....
i could talk about the effects on the woman also but this thread is about the brothers....

these cycles have to run their course...
when u here someone say u have to break the cycle...in most cases it's easier said then done...right now im in a deadly battle with the cycle and trying to break some of the nasty behavior patterns that my family has set in motion...
this is not an easy thing to accomplish nor does anyone in mortal combat with the cycle need to hear mockery from those who may or may not understand their plight...

in conclusion we as a people will get there...just like many things in life...it's easy to break something but it proves more difficult to mend what was broken....and they had over 400 years to break us people....
we have to be kind to ourselves as we continue to take these baby steps against the constant wind of white supremacy....

one love
khasm

i agree with anything you said

brother james makes a valid point...and he's been saying it for years on this site....
case in point...
everything of this planet earth works in a cyclical fashion...
day/night...4 seasons...birth/death...etc.
when we were captured and forced into slavery it set a deadly chain of events in motion...
the black mans ability to take care and provide for his family was neutralized
the black mans sense of worth was neutralized as they were made to feel less than a man
the black mans spirituality was neutralized as they were forced to adopt christianity or die in most instances....
i could talk about the effects on the woman also but this thread is about the brothers....

these cycles have to run their course...
when u here someone say u have to break the cycle...in most cases it's easier said then done...right now im in a deadly battle with the cycle and trying to break some of the nasty behavior patterns that my family has set in motion...
this is not an easy thing to accomplish nor does anyone in mortal combat with the cycle need to hear mockery from those who may or may not understand their plight...

in conclusion we as a people will get there...just like many things in life...it's easy to break something but it proves more difficult to mend what was broken....and they had over 400 years to break us people....
we have to be kind to ourselves as we continue to take these baby steps against the constant wind of white supremacy....

one love
khasm

i've tried to break the pattern of some of my family as well i know exactly what you mean.

statements like this is why i invited you to the evolution

we're closing in on 500 years enough of this second class "citizen" crap

This is not going to to be a popular statement but....Single mothers raise weak men. Case closed.

I know women do their level best, but it cannot be done. I have witnessed this in so many occasions. The only way it works is if a male person like an uncle or a grandfather is a consistent close presence in the boy's life. It is unlikely that a step father can fill the void because "You are not my father" jumps out of a kid's mouth in a second. And then here comes the mother to the rescue. My own mother was a single parent and I am far more prepared for life than my older brother is. It's sad really.

Maybe the solution is we need to be more careful who and how we procreate and once the procreation is done, we need to hold all the key parties responsible. Not just for money but for time as well. Because this new generation of children, quite frankly, fightens me.

There's an expression which says "Mothers raise their daughters and love their sons."

Far too often, mothers, single and married, coddle and enable their sons in ways they do not do so with their daughters. This, in turn, produces, a generation of adult males who are lazy and have little to no sense of personal responsibility.

A family member of mine was dating a single mother with an 11 y/o son. (The boy's father is NOT much a part of his life.)
He saw the boy was very spoiled and disrespectful to his mother as well as quite able to manipulate his mother into giving him what he wanted. And when he mentioned this to her, she became defensive. But, all her excuses went out the window when he said to her, "Why would you raise your son to be the kind of man YOU wouldn't even want?!"

THAT got her attention!

They've been married for almost 4 years and the boy is a much better behaved teenager with responsibilities and consequences for his actions when boundaries are crossed, and he loves and respects his step-father.

So, yes, we have been raising weak Black men. However, it is a vicious cycle of the "blind cannot lead the blind." When black men are not being the fathers and role models their sons AND DAUGHTERS need, those children become men and women who don't know WHAT a real man is and their children, yet again, are the ones whose lives are negatively affected.

why do you speak english?

Blue Print said:
The global system of white supremacy cannot reach into my character, it cannot make me act destructively.
the most thoroughly brainwashed man in the room is the one saying that he has not and can not be brainwashed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back