Gabon : Have Nigeria, South Africa, and Gabon betrayed the African Union?

I don't know the internal reason why SA and Gabon would support UN.. however in Nigeria's case... if you factor in the Qaddafi's call for the Nigeria to be divided, due to the situation going on in northern Nigeria.. (rebels are pro -Arab and pro- Qaddafi) then you can see why Nigeria's Government(who are not majority Hausa) would want Qaddafi out of the game.

Yes...I know...which is part of the irony since Kadafi called for the partitioning of Nigeria....which may very well be the result in Libya.

But there is something else which I have yet to mention concerning Nigeria which is a religious factor.

Yes...I know...which is part of the irony since Kadafi called for the partitioning of Nigeria....which may very well be the result in Libya.

But there is something else which I have yet to mention concerning Nigeria which is a religious factor.

In light of the ongoing threats issued by al-Qaeda (AQ) against the United States and its allies, the need to prevent the radicalization of young Muslim men and women remains as pressing as ever, and perhaps nowhere is this task more urgent than in the countries of West Africa. The global expanse of the ongoing war on terror places these territories in the frontline. With large Muslim populations that have hitherto remained mostly impervious to the advances of Islamism, the challenge now confronting the Nigerian government and the international community is ensuring that this remains the case. But in recent months, Islamist groups have been highly active in the region. The aim of this monograph is to assess the potential of Nigeria’s Sufi Brotherhoods to act, both individually and collectively, as a force for counter-radicalization, to prevent young people from joining Islamist groups.

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/display.cfm?pubid=989

Hmmm good point...

In light of the ongoing threats issued by al-Qaeda (AQ) against the United States and its allies, the need to prevent the radicalization of young Muslim men and women remains as pressing as ever, and perhaps nowhere is this task more urgent than in the countries of West Africa. The global expanse of the ongoing war on terror places these territories in the frontline. With large Muslim populations that have hitherto remained mostly impervious to the advances of Islamism, the challenge now confronting the Nigerian government and the international community is ensuring that this remains the case. But in recent months, Islamist groups have been highly active in the region. The aim of this monograph is to assess the potential of Nigeria’s Sufi Brotherhoods to act, both individually and collectively, as a force for counter-radicalization, to prevent young people from joining Islamist groups.

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/display.cfm?pubid=989

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pdffiles/pub989.pdf

Perhaps the AU has betrayed the African people and desires to be a carbon copy of ,

the EU.

Since it's inception how much have they realy established in real time, the Pan African ideal,

or a least handled the numerous conflicts, going on in various nations?

There are many African immigrants in Brooklyn , and it seems no one has anything good to say about the AU.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back