Black People : Have Black People Lost Their Minds?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KPITRL, Mar 15, 2015.

1. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I was leaving the Walmart Shopping Center yesterday, and as I was walking through the parking lot towards my car, I heard these very young Black girls probably barely in their teens shouting, "We're selling girls scout cookies, you know you want some", over and over again. It may not sound sleazy reading it here (although it should), but hearing it and seeing it would have sounded even more appalling. I felt like asking the first person I saw what the world was going on. Then I thought about a time in the mid 80's while still living in the DMV, when I saw these young Black girls in their very early teens wearing hot-shorts outside this old fast food chain they called Roy Rodgers offering car washes. As I was leaving Roy Rodgers, I saw an older brother and told him I would never have my daughter out there doing that. But he had a more accepting attitude, and said he liked seeing the girls doing something positive. I think the brother told me he had did time, but he showed no signs, other than the fact that he thought this was okay. Anyway, I told him why I thought what I thought, and the conversation ended smoothly. However you can't do that today, not down here in the Atlanta suburbs where I live. Every time you open your mouth to someone about something that's wrong down here, you wish you hadn't, and your comment better not be about a female. That's how stuck on stupid some of these people seem to be down here I hate to say. I think a lot of it has to do with my Northern accent, or the way I articulate (some can tell you went to college), or the way I dress, or maybe something else, which I'm not trying to bring up right now. Some guy walked in a Subway sandwich shop about a month ago and asked me was I from New York, without me saying a word. Before I left, I did something I wouldn't usually do, and asked him what made him think that. He said I had that look. Then he said it was my leather cap. It seemed liked the more he kept talking, the more his attitude began to change toward negative, which is kinda typical down here. Perhaps he wanted to make sure I didn't think he was a gay guy checking me out, which has become more a problem down here, since they seem to be getting most of the jobs. I also notice down here that they have little White girls barley in their teens, dressed in hot-shorts at intersections trying to wave you over for car washes too. Do it make it right because they're White? No.

Anyway needless to say, I left that Walmart parking lot yesterday and just kept it to myself because I'm tired of ruining my day trying to talk sense to these people. It makes it appear that shows like Scandal, Empire, and movies like Dear White People, Straight Out of Compton, etc...are beginning to take more of a moral blow to young Black girls every day. Some may not agree, but I think those young Black girls knowing so many of us are accepting these degrading images on television and at the movies, makes them feel it's okay to chant out in public, "'you know you want some". I'm surprised nobody called the cops, sense they like to harass Black people so much. But this is something the Black community is supposed to have concern about and control over, however they seem to be losing it by the day. You can see why France Cress Welsing keeps saying we're giving more and more reason for this country to bring in another Hitler one day, and round all Black people up and put them in Fema Camps.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    There is an ideology of the 5 Percent vs. the 10 Percent

There are 15% of people within a culture that have knowledge and the awareness of the power of knowledge.

There are 5% with knowledge and self awareness that try to reach the other 85%
    But the other 10% with this knowledge, use it to in order to exploit or gain from the other 85%

The 85% is going to be the 85%, and if a 10 percenter notices a 5 percenter attempting to take away their ability for exploitation, it gets heated.

Redemption vs. Exploitation, this is what the 85% struggle with, and sometimes just want to be left alone.

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    As was and is true, some get a clue on their own, whereas those of us who are a wee bit older are today's role models, etc.

Yeah, I feel and hear yah, but let's don't just forget about our own pasts, i. e., from the eras of the blackspoitation flicks, to a particular bronze wannabe, who got false props when she took bragged about being the first black (censored) golddigger, on a particular nighttime soap, too...

I. e., some folks reality checks/wake up calls, also lead to other folks fantasy trips...

FYI

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    capitalism makes whores of us all.......

5. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I want some Girl Scout cookies. I've bought at least 10 boxes this season. I buy them whenever I see a young Gitl Scout selling them. The young girls in my neighborhood know I'm a sucker for Girl Scout cookies. I buy freeze them.

Was there something else wrong with these young girls other than selling cookies. I want some.

6. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Maybe you do.

7. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Selling cookies teach young girls about being an entrepreneur. They are very aggressive when selling cookies. Ever been bum rushed by a group of little white Girl Scouts at your local store. I find that annoying, but I still by a box of cookies. Lots of people are fans of the cookies.

8. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Girl Scouts: Please make cookies without GMOs

[​IMG]

Alicia is 7 years old (6 when the petition was started) and has been a Girl Scout for almost 3 years. Her mom is a Troop leader for Alicia’s Brownie Troop and Alicia's sister's Daisy Troop. Alicia likes learning about new things and helping others. She began to learn a lot about food and ingredients. When Girl Scout Cookie Season came around, she and her mom looked at the ingredients in the cookies. There were a lot of words Alicia couldn’t read and she didn’t know what a lot of the ingredients were. She did recognize some of the ingredients as being GMO (genetically modified organisms). Knowing of some of dangers related to GMOs, she knew she wanted them out of our cookies. “I want Girl Scouts to make cookies without GMOs.”

https://www.change.org/p/girl-scouts-please-make-cookies-without-gmos
    http://onceuponatimeinabedofwildflo...hter-will-not-be-selling-girl-scouts-cookies/
    http://onceuponatimeinabedofwildflowers.com/2014/02/02/the-girl-scouts-response/

You know if some of us don't care about eating animal intestines, GMOs and persuasive marketing techniques that involve minors isn't going to make too many blink... Empire, ahem.

My cookies bring all the boys to the yard, And they're like
    It's better than yours, **** right it's better than yours,
    I can give you some, But I have to charge

Did it seem like this is what they were trying to say?

9. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Thanks.

I'm very diet conscious. Right now I'm eating brown rice and beans and a salad. After which I'm going to eat 2 Girl Scout cookies. ;)

10. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Well, I knew that sleazy girl scout cookie promotion wasn't going to go unanswered too long, not in a mostly redneck run town (although it's rapidly changing over to more blacks, who don't have much more class than the whites in this town sad to say). But in a decaying society it's hard to predict exactly what foolish act will follow the other. While I was coming home this evening, I saw this White teenage boy wearing absolutely no shirt and a pair of shorts, holding a large arrow shaped sign covering his shorts, reading "Naked", and some other words following it that I didn't even bother to read. Although he wasn't totally naked, he sure looked like it from the front, with the sign hiding his private parts. I'm surprised he wasn't arrested just for looking like he was streaking. I guess he got the okay from the cops, the mayor, or whoever runs things down here. This was a mile or two from the Walmart where the Black teenage girls were chanting, "We're selling girl scout cookies, you know you want some".

If one was to vote on which act was more degrading, you think they'd say the White boy looking like he was naked. But from a Black point of view, can't too much match anything pointing to the degradation of your own females, especially the very young? Looks to me like it was payback for the Black teenage girls shouting, "you know you want some". If I was a White teenage male who saw "Dear White People", or knew what message Scandal sends out, then heard these Black teenage girls shouting, "You know you want some", in front of a Walmart that's still about half white (although shrinking every year), then I would think it was aimed at me and the rest of the White males regardless of age, even more so than the Black males. As innocent and as cute as you want to believe selling girl scouts cookies is, that ain't nothing to play with. It seemed like the older generation automatically knew these things, however the newer generation, I'm not sure where they're stuck at.

So whats going to be next, Black teenage girls walking around down here with low cut jeans with their butt cracks exposed to out do what the White boy did? To late, we almost already have that, but most of them are a little pass their teens, however still young. I saw one just last week who is a Waffle House waitress, however I know she only meant for me to see it, since I never followed up on her, so she could only tease me some more. All I know is when I went to pay my check at the cashier, she suddenly popped up in the seat next to the cashier with her back side facing me. I saw so much butt crack that I almost stuck my tip between it, instead of writing it on my receipt. She has one of those nice Serena Williams'...it doesn't need to get any bigger. Let me stop before I decide to go there tonight for a bite. But to be honest, this was already going on a little back in the DMV to counter the young boys sagging their pants, however it never really took off. The cops weren't having it, especially after so many were getting fired for picking them up and leaving evidence so to speak. It hasn't gotten that crazy down here yet, however it may be a different story in the city, with all those strip clubs. I don't hangout in the city, therefore someone else down here may be able to give a better update.

About that White teenage boy being aloud to advertise like that on a main highway, I doubt that the cops would allow a Black teenage boy to do that, and we all know why, especially when they're still willing to lynch them for dating full grown White women. So what does that leave you with, only the White boys teasing his White girls and the Black girls? What a trifling mess. And something tells me that while so many Blacks are promoting their own degrading images in the media, these young Black girls are going to sooner or later take the bait like they always do.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015