Black Relationships : Have Any Members Here Dated Interracially? Any Regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicybrown

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 21, 2005
I started this thread, because from day to day I see Brothers and Sisters crossing the racial lines in search of love. I do not condone nor condemn it. What is strange is, too often I see a look of desparation or embarrassment in their eyes while in public during an encounter with their fellow Brethren or Sistren. Has this happened to any of you all? Have you all noticed this also? I suspect that I will get a few vague responses, a keystroke lashing, or, perhaps no response at all. Please feel free to testify if comfortable in doing so...*equipping ears with plugs, and protecting chest with bullet proof*.

Spicy

Have you?

Maybe it's just me, but everytime I'm in a place and there is a white/Latino/Arab man with a Black girlfriend I can almost ALWAYS count on them coming around my way and making a scene to get my attention.

They always do it.

I thought I was just being paranoid but other Black men have told me the same thing.

If I turn my head or pretend to ignore them they'll really start laughing or get loud or even say something to me to get my attention.
Really though.....

Dual Karnayn......

Dual Karnayn said:
Spicy

Have you?

Maybe it's just me, but everytime I'm in a place and there is a white/Latino/Arab man with a Black girlfriend I can almost ALWAYS count on them coming around my way and making a scene to get my attention.

They always do it.

I thought I was just being paranoid but other Black men have told me the same thing.

Yes, I have at 17 yrs old, consciously. The relationship I'm in of 5 years may be inter-racial......depending on my guy's adopted father's ethnicity. Whatever his father is.....my boyfriend considers himself Black/mixed. I've noticed that when a bi-racial(B/W) woman is with a white guy, and encounters an attractive dark/full Black woman, she catches an attitude, as though her man will get curious as to what it's like to go ALL THE WAY CHOCOLATE.

If I turn my head or pretend to ignore them they'll really start laughing or get loud or even say something to me to get my attention.
Really though.....

Yes, I have at 17 yrs old. The relationship I'm in of 5 years may be inter-racial......depending on my guy's adopted father's ethnicity. Whatever his father is.....my boyfriend considers himself Black/mixed. I've noticed that when a bi-racial(B/W) woman is with a white guy, and encounters an attractive dark/full Black woman, she catches an attitude, as though her man will get curious as to what it's like to go ALL THE WAY CHOCOLATE. JMO

Spicy,

I am interracially married and have dated both interracially and interculturally (African/African American combination). My husband is Korean.

As far as embarrassed looks, this is subjective. Some people are more vocal about things, and if I am around a person that I think is going to be vocal, I wonder are they going to say something... but it's not just that. I feel that way if I have on a certain outfit or wear my hair a certain way or whatever. Usually though, I haven't encountered too many problems from either community. Very often the reaction is either apathy or acceptance.

This is all my personal opinion based on my own experiences. I am IR married, but I am not shouting from the rooftops do what I did if people don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back