Black People : HAVE A QUESTION...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MRS. LADY, Apr 23, 2008.

1. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Recently, I started relearning myself. I was reading about Fredrick Douglas in detail.........

It's funny because New Bedford, MA is not far from me at all, and I have been there many times, however, I am sure the next time I go it will have a much deeper meaning to me, and I will explore the port .. as this was a place that he lived .......

I was just wondering what you all thought of the fact that his second wife, Helen, was a white woman.

On one of the documentaries that I watched it was of opinion that he did this because it was not allowed back then.....

Been reasoning in my mind if that's it or not... but still thinking.....

That being said I mean it in no disrespect toward the Brother.... his life is most amazing......

2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    There is no way for me to figure out why he did it without asking him. Anythnig else is speculation. Sorry.

He did what he did.

3. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    is not everything speculation or contemplation???

Nothing becomes fact to an individual until they apply it to themselves...

to reach an understanding is my goal.....

4. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    That depends entirely on how you define the word "speculation" and the word "contemplation".

The definition for the word "fact" that I use is "anything that can be proven or disproven".

Yes ma'am and it is for this reason that I cannot reach back into Mr. Douglas' mind and gain an understanding of why he did the things he did or why he didn't do the things he didn't do. I'm not even sure why or how an understanding of what was going on in Mr. Douglas' mind helps one to solve a problem right here, right now, without producing more problems.

This is the reason I take the position that he said what he said and/or he did what he did. I'm attempting to solve the race problem. Not just do something about it...solve it. Not figure out the best way to "deal with it" or "cope with it"...solve it.

Whatever Mr. Doulgas said and/or did I'm sure he had his reasons. Is there something he said and/or did that I can use today to help me to solve a problem without producing more problems. I'm sure there are some things but one of those things sure the hell ain't marrying a white person. Whether it is allowed or not.

Part of the counter-racism code that I use is no sexual interaction with white people on any level in a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) and that includes sexual play and/or sexual intercourse. When non-white people have sexual intercourse with white people it further retards the non-white people. Who you lay down with you get up with because you get up with them in your mind.

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    perhaps if you were to read his autobiography once more you might gain more insight,i've always found that reading something the second time is better because we miss things in the first reading,i hope this helps.

6. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

I beleive that in order to get where you want to go you need to know where you came from....

I guess learning that a sister helped him was his first wife, and also helped buy his freedom... sigh (buy his freedom)... I was shocked that once he had money.. a home ... and power why he would make such a choice... often seen today in some of our accomplished athletes...

I guess I'm trying to tolerate as opposed to cope.....

As far as laying with... no dice this way...

but does your particular code consist of absolute separation?

7. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

It does... I usually read anything I find important two times..... have at least a million books to read.. but a round two on this one is surly at hand.....

thank you

8. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thank you for the question.

The compensatory counter-racism code that I use requires me not to lie to myself. This is the definition I use for respect (self-respect). The only kind of respect is self-respect and the way to get self-respect is to refuse to lie to yourself and let all others know that you refuse to lie to yourself. Once you lie to yourself you have disrespected yourself.

In refusing to lie to myself I had to come to terms with what is actually meant by "separate". How separate is separate? When I look at how the white people who run the business of racism (white supremacy) do what they do...me being in a different geographical location doesn't mean anything. Non-white people have a horrible understanding of what it means to be "together" and what it means to be "separate".

As long as the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) are in this universe and I am in this universe that is not separate enough because they are going to poison everything I attempt to do that is correct, such as produce a SYSTEM of justice. There is no way to separate from a universal SYSTEM of non-justice. You gotta replace it and the only thing that is any change at all is a universal SYSTEM of justice.

So me being in what is called Africa and the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) being in what is called America doesn't mean anything. I've been to what is called Africa. When I was in Namibia the people were gathering around a television at a local spot to watch Happy Days. The white people who practice racism (white supremacy) have satellites over what is called Africa. Even if you are in a place where every face that you see is darker than mine the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) are still watching you. So you can't outrun them or separate from them because you'll never be able to get far enough away. You have to run them out of business wherever you happen to be in the universe. Some of them may even be on Destee.com. How separate is that?

9. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

now that is overstood!!!!!

many thanks my Brother!