Black Sports : Hatton says he will surely fight Floyd this year

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by MississippiRed, Jan 25, 2006.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Hatton says he's ready....but wants to have 1 fight before Floyd....check out who he wants to get in there with....he's thinking of getting in ...for his warmup now...either Diego Corrales,Arturo Gatti,Popo Freitas,or Jose Luis Castillo.....and then will handle his business with Floyd jr......I have 2 takes on this....1. Be careful what you wish fo you just might git it and 2. Boy don't let yo mouth write no check yo *** can't cash.....
    what yall fellas think about this.....

Oh 1 more thing.....Kemetkind calling Kemetkind I need perspective on JT v Soliman.....now on to it...here's the article I got off doghouse boxing today...

check it..

"Hatton targets Mayweather

John Rawling
    Thursday January 19, 2006
    The Guardian

Ricky Hatton said yesterday that he would fight the highly rated American Floyd Mayweather at some stage this year, in a contest whose winner will be able to claim to be the undisputed world light-welterweight champion.

Many rank Mayweather, who holds the World Boxing Council version of the world title, as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and there had been speculation he would be avoided by Hatton, who is World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation champion.

But the suggestion that he is dodging the American rankles with Hatton, who said: "I am interested in fighting the best people out there. As far as I am concerned a fight with Mayweather is a done deal for this year. For those who believe that Mayweather is not going to happen, I just look forward to proving them wrong as I did my doubters in 2005."

Hatton stepped up to genuine world class last year by defeating the Australian Kostya Tszyu to win the IBF belt and Carlos Maussa of Colombia for the WBA crown. He intends fighting at least once before facing Mayweather and identified as possible opponents the former WBC champion Arturo Gatti of Canada, the former WBO super-featherweight champion Acelino Freitas of Brazil or the world's two outstanding lightweights, José Luis Castillo of Mexico and the American Diego Corrales, for a fight which could take place in the last week in April or in May. "

MississippiRed

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I say bring it on...

I think it would be a great fight for Floyd and Ricky. Let them get it on. :D

I think Ricky is hyped over win against Kostya Tszyu. He may be a little too pumped up thinking that he can hang with some of the better fighters. But, he wouldn't be a fighter if he didn't think that he could fight with the best.

Ricky is a gamed fighter with a lot of heart. Don't get me wrong. I don't think that's enough to beat the likes of Floyd Mayweather.

Fighting those top fighters...smh. He's out of his mind. I think he should just fight Floyd now. Because, after one of those other guys tattoo him up, he might not be valuable enough to make a big payday fight with Floyd...unless he pulls a Judah and a Morales. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    True ....he's a game fighter no doubt....and he's a tough lil fella but he hasn't fought any of the top guys yet...(not counting tszyu but tszyu after the should injury ain't tszyu before the injury)....as far as his choice of warmup guys......I think he's making a mistake jumping in with those cats.....for 2 reasons.....1. for a warmup I'd want him in there with a guy that moves and boxes....like Floyd will do....and he's getting in with cats that are going to walk up to him and start banging....

2. he's getting in with cats that are going to walk up and bang on him......round after round....these dude have proven they don't have much of a reverse gear.....and they don't mind brawls....he may get in there and get dropped or beat....I could actually him losing because of the fight getting stopped after he gets cuts over both eyes.......

and after the touch up (cuz it ain't a warm up ) he wants to fight Floyd.....I know he won't beat Floyd and he might not win his warm up fight but I'll give him this.....he ain't pulling no Jermaine Taylor....this lil ruffian is willing to bump with whoever they set in front of him........

MississippiRed

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm looking forward to seeing Hatton......get beat!

5. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree.....I just hope he doesn't lose in his tune-up so Floyd can get in his ***.....thats' my money making fight there.......white folk are gonna be putting money on Hatton heavily and Daddy's gonna be there to help lighten their load a bit......

MississippiRed

6. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61

lol...all I gotta say is there should be some great fights this year.

JT - what can I say, on the surface it looks bad. I really don't have any inside info, just what I read.

BUT it does look like winky's people forced JT by making crazy demands...how you supposed to make a fight if you're the champion and the challenger wants to split HIS 60 to your 40? JT's supposed to take that? Why would winky make such demands if he was so confident he'd handle JT?

I think it WILL be a good barometer though to see JT and soliman...if soliman makes JT look as bad as he did winky it'll say alot...on the other hand, if JT wipes wild man soliman up then winky will probably never agree to any decent terms with JT.

7. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

I don't think Wink will care if JT mops Sam up or not....JT should win but he has to be careful though...this is a real trap fight .....good to see you back Kemet....

Red

8. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Soliman is difficult to prepare for....

I don't know too many guys who fight like him...or can imitate that mess. I saw the fight and it was weird. :lol: It's like Soliman just started swinging on Winky until the bell sounded...or he fell down. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know one thing...we'll see if JT can think in the ring like Winky had to do in order to not look off.

Wait...he can spar with Naseem Hamed. :D They have similar fighting styles.

What about Gatti vs Baldomir? QQn

9. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61
    I think it will show if JT has any real power. Only reason Soliman lasted so long with Winky was winky gots none. I mean winky hit dude flush whenever he decided to punch...real high connect percentage.

I don't know if winky adjusted too well in that fight, in fact he was only 3-4 rounds away from losing it on 2 of the judges cards.

I do see with Red on this one Soliman got to be on some uppers or something, dude was running on fumes look like he was praying Winky would knock hiz *** out so he wouldn't have to keep throwing all those arm punches. I swear dude fights just like the girls use to throw-down back in high school.

If JT get caught up by Soliman, I know he's a homeboy, but i'ma have to own up he wasn't ready yet for primetime. I just don't see that though - JT had problems with Bhop but Soliman won't be elusive and he'll force JT to take some shots early. If Soliman can't hurt JT he's in for a long night...see Joppy.

I wanna see some big fights with Jeff L. this year....don't think judah-mayweather will be a good fight at all. Hatton-floyd though, at least we are guaranteed an entertaining fight.

10. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61