HASTINGS STREET IN DETROIT...

((Ralf falls out the chair))

Brutha Isaiah

Thanx bro.....

As a kid at the barber shops, I used to listen to old players, pimps, and hustlers in their 80's talk about the good times they had on Hasting's Street until they start chokin.

It was the main drag in an old ghetto known as the "Black Bottom".

Somebody said it wasn't called the "Black Bottom" because of it's location and population....but because of all the naked black bottoms you could see on a Saturday night.

Ralfa'il said:
((Ralf falls out the chair))

Brutha Isaiah

Thanx bro.....

As a kid at the barber shops, I used to listen to old players, pimps, and hustlers in their 80's talk about the good times they had on Hasting's Street until they start chokin.

It was the main drag in an old ghetto known as the "Black Bottom".

Somebody said it wasn't called the "Black Bottom" because of it's location and population....but because of all the naked black bottoms you could see on a Saturday night.

Ralfa'il is Black Bottom not Paradise Valley?

I know that a great many African communities were given that moniker way back in the day - because our population was straight at the bottom of American life...

Peace!
isaiah

Isaiah

Ralfa'il is Black Bottom not Paradise Valley?

I know that a great many African communities were given that moniker way back in the day - because our population was straight at the bottom of American life...
I think you're right, seems like I remember some other cities I was in had sections known as the "bottoms" or the "quarters".

The term "quarters" was expecially used to describe the black sections of southern cities.

But regardless, the entire city can be described as the "Black Bottom" today because it's over 85% black.
The blackest major city in America.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back