Black Entertainment : Hasn't rap gone way too far????

brother Malik

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 2, 2005
Chicago
Occupation
Data Analyst (software)
I was just looking at a thread about 50 cent and I couldn't resist the urge to ask if anyone sees what I see.

I think the lyrical content and the imagery of rap has gotten completely out of control. There is just so much criminality, disrespectful presentations of young sisters as sexual objects and gross materialism. I am afraid for the generation of Black youth who are being imprinted with this madness. In my opinion, Lil' Kim, 50 cent, and all the other thugs and gangsters are teaching young Black kids that going to jail, hustling, being promiscuous, and valuing cars, jewelry and money are things to aspire to. In my opnion they are selling poison to our youth just as surely as a dope pusher is. Young minds are the most impressionable minds. Is this kind of imagery of Blackness what we want our youth to be taught?

I was doing research recently and I read an author who was writing about pop culture. He said that pop culture doesn't just entertain, it also informs and instructs.

What do you all think? I am scared to death at the damage this poison is doing to the next group of Balck thinkers and leaders.

What thinkers?

brother Malik said:
I was just looking at a thread about 50 cent and I couldn't resist the urge to ask if anyone sees what I see.

I think the lyrical content and the imagery of rap has gotten completely out of control. There is just so much criminality, disrespectful presentations of young sisters as sexual objects and gross materialism. I am afraid for the generation of Black youth who are being imprinted with this madness. In my opinion, Lil' Kim, 50 cent, and all the other thugs and gangsters are teaching young Black kids that going to jail, hustling, being promiscuous, and valuing cars, jewelry and money are things to aspire to. In my opnion they are selling poison to our youth just as surely as a dope pusher is. Young minds are the most impressionable minds. Is this kind of imagery of Blackness what we want our youth to be taught?

I was doing research recently and I read an author who was writing about pop culture. He said that pop culture doesn't just entertain, it also informs and instructs.

What do you all think? I am scared to death at the damage this poison is doing to the next group of Balck thinkers and leaders.

That is the main problem... our people have been reduced to animals... teenagers no longer think.. they imitate.. And all they have been given a bunch of worthless examples to imitate. No one wants to think for themselves... the group rules everything now... it is about fitting in and looking cool... and what's cool? cool is what you see in everyday music videos.... A cool i would rather not be...

word up the mainstream hip hop rap is fill with betrayal to the black women and
destructional to the young minds, violence and negative display these rap video's
is junk yes it has gone way too far blanketing black youth in the myth that it's cool
and the way we need more in the music arena to step up with positive messages
to stay in school remove all the fly honey's from the video's and kill the notions
but today it's what sales and all that's out there for us to hear why listen to trash
and calling of N...... and B......... one thing for sure 50cent getting paid but feeding
so much negativity and the thuggish hype .

They spraying our community with this rap-o-rama crap we have to stop
buying it allowing our culture youth from buying it and cast it out surely
they will redefind how and what they allow as rap to be displayed if we
stop . I agree it has gone way to far and seem to get stronger daily , that
writer is right it's sheer intertainment and it's hurting minds for the flashy
cars and money and all the other junk feeding our culture it's the way to go
being hard thuggish is life goal ..........smh

being a teenager who doesnt listen to fifty cause dude is waaaaaaack or lil kim cause i never liked her but yeah i understand what your saying about everybody following this image I mean a lot of this stuff im saying wtf? when people at my school wear gunit and stuff and talk about how much they love rap and when i show them A Tribe Called Quest they like uggh turn that off SLIM THUG NUCKA! im thinking wow i fell like a outcast sorta, but not all kids my age are like that just going with what you see on tv. I made up a story about this called stay true about a rapper who gets signed to a company like Rawkus that gets taken over by by CMFS(tell you what it stands for later) they try to get him to change his image to what people like to see hiphop be but he wants to stay true so he quits and then they put some dude who cant even rap in his place and take the guys stored rhymes. thats how the story starts. I remember Nas or someone said we gotta rid the game of these CB4 gangstas man

these type who push many new artist into what they want to sell
and corrupt the mindset staying true to the game is one thing but
staying in the hype of corruption and negativity is another if many
Rappers would stay true to the Hip hop rap game they would be following
in the foot steps of rappers like (Kool Mo Dee) and (Run DMC) pushing
positive messages out , feeding health and not putting our women on
display and betraying them as B........ and H......... hip hop lost respect
for it own culture and now we have none colored rappers beating at this
game

see they have blanket the mindset to not listen to Roots and a Tribe call Quest,
common, and others with strong vibes but feed into the MF this and B........that
shake yo A... here drop it like it's hot there , time we stop and think and nolonger
accept this if they can't clean it up and be more respectful
there is some nice rappers out there just going or gone way past the line.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back