Black People : Has the 'Stand Your Ground' Law Been Abused?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
  2. ComUnity Uplifter

ComUnity Uplifter Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    I just heard about this today. This mess is out of control, they are just making it unsafe to be black and do anything

3. Othervoice

Othervoice Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    The shooting death of Renisha McBride is an outrage ! I had heard a veiled reference to the incident last week, but I got more details today.The law has made it too easy to kill people by claiming someone is a threat. We have grossly exaggerated the threat of crime and become too permissive in regulating gun owners. That means trouble for black people in a society where racism is alive and quite well. Blacks and our advocacy groups need to work with gun control activists to change gun laws and raise the standards for justifiable homicide. Priority one should be getting stand your ground and castle laws repealed.

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    no Stand Your Ground law in Michigan. This dude is going to prison.. he shot her in the back of the head at point blank range with a shotgun.. half of her face is gone. He claims self-defense.. but her back was turned.. and she was unarmed.

that aside.. if you ask me.. the whole story of her knocking on his door is his story.. and is suspect. For all we know, she may have been abducted and was trying to escape him.