Black People : Has the Race Card been Overused and/or Abused?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Sep 16, 2011.

?

Has the Race Card been Overused and/or Abused?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Many of us as Blacks/Afrikans have said or felt an action was done out of spite because of our race. Do you think that the "race card" has been overused and/or abused?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I think the term 'race card' was invented like the term 'anti-semite' for certain people to hide behind. Before we started to demand justice, there was no such thing as a race card. Before we started demanding for equality, there was no such term as 'race card'. Before we started to demand for our freedom to be heard, there was no such thing as a 'race card'. Even some posters here who advocate for white people only use to the term to their advantage to try and discredit those who wish to point out just how un just this system is as was as those who benefit the most from it.......

It's the same with the term 'reverse racism', or 'reverse discrimination'. These terms, in reality really don't exist, or can't be proven to exist. Only in the figment of the imagination of those who benefit most from this perverse and illegal system which more than demonstrates their mental impotency to deal on the 'level' with hue-man beings and that is to say that they are other than hue-man......

peace queen

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    So you don't think people use it to their advantage?

4. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    uhmmm i have to put up with white girls and their FAKE tears and their ''omg she’s so aggressive, and loud she scares me’ CARD...code word for a black person who challenges them... THIS recently happened to me at WORK. A white female co-worker, a fat one at that -actually had enough gall to step to me, i mean home chic actually stepped in my face as if she wanted to fight...(this is how they bully people here, it’s bad) these white chics here got a whole of black semen in them and they ain’t neva scared of black chics like they are in the US -but I digress...So I simply summoned the OYA in me and told her to step of and never step that closely to me again, that’s all i said. I didn’t threaten, I didn’t swear, didn’t touch her…but this woman ran CRYIING to HR saying she felt threatened by me as i was ‘’AGGRESSIVE’’...really? i dealt with the same BS in the States- white girl can't get her way, so she starts crying and plays the ''she so aggressive, she scares me '' card which is code word for a black person...so if they have their cards i will continue to use the RACE CARD, the ‘nappy head card’ ,the ‘dark skinned card’, the ‘I’m being discriminated because i am from a different culture and i have an accent card’, and any other bloody cards’’ i see fit to use...

***sniffs** rant over....

5. IntelligentNoire

IntelligentNoire Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    I didn't vote in the poll,but if we're honestly speaking here, I would say that it has been more abused then over used. Example.

Black Kid tossed out of store because he/she "looked" as if he/she would steal. Racist!
    Black kid arrested for stealing, not racist, but I have heard these people claim that they were being targeted because of their race as the merchandise was being pulled from their pockets. In instances like this the penalty flags for abuse of the race cards should be dropped. Don't know if my example holds up, but hey, it's still early and I have not had my coffee. Sue me. XD

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    the race card like info said is a myth....
    racism is real....

most white folks don't like to be called out on their actions...intentional or unintentional when it involves the slighting of a black individual....just like they don't like to hear about the past as it regards to slavery...and these are the decent white folks im talking about for the most part....lol

one love
    khasm

7. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    This column more or less articulates my view on the extremely silly expression "race card" and its alleged abuses:

The Absurdity (and Consistency) of White Denial
    What Kind of Card is Race?

by TIM WISE

Recently, I was asked by someone in the audience of one of my speeches, whether or not I believed that racism–though certainly a problem–might also be something conjured up by people of color in situations where the charge was inappropriate. In other words, did I believe that occasionally folks play the so-called race card, as a ploy to gain sympathy or detract from their own shortcomings? In the process of his query, the questioner made his own opinion all too clear (an unambiguous yes), and in that, he was not alone, as indicated by the reaction of others in the crowd, as well as survey data confirming that the belief in black malingering about racism is nothing if not ubiquitous.

It’s a question I’m asked often, especially when there are several high-profile news events transpiring, in which race informs part of the narrative. Now is one of those times, as a few recent incidents demonstrate: Is racism, for example, implicated in the alleged rape of a young black woman by white members of the Duke University lacrosse team? Was racism implicated in Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney’s recent confrontation with a member of the Capitol police? Or is racism involved in the ongoing investigation into whether or not Barry Bonds–as he is poised to eclipse white slugger Babe Ruth on the all-time home run list–might have used steroids to enhance his performance?*

Although the matter is open to debate in any or all of these cases, white folks have been quick to accuse blacks who answer in the affirmative of playing the race card, as if their conclusions have been reached not because of careful consideration of the facts as they see them, but rather, because of some irrational (even borderline paranoid) tendency to see racism everywhere. So too, discussions over immigration, "terrorist" profiling, and Katrina and its aftermath often turn on issues of race, and so give rise to the charge that as regards these subjects, people of color are "overreacting" when they allege racism in one or another circumstance.

......................Finally, I concluded by suggesting that whatever "card" claims of racism may prove to be for the black and brown, the denial card is far and away the trump, and whites play it regularly:

Continue reading : http://www.counterpunch.org/2006/04/24/what-kind-of-card-is-race/

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Okay like IntelligentNoire said,

Black kid arrested for stealing, not racist, but I have heard these people claim that they were being targeted because of their race as the merchandise was being pulled from their pockets. In instances like this the penalty flags for abuse of the race cards should be dropped.

Do you think that people abuse the whole, It was cause I'm black??

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Yes, indeed. I think that's the only reason the term even exist's.

When you questions a so called Jew, before you even get to finish your question the term 'anti-semite' is already coming out of their mouth's to discredit you. It's the same with the term 'race card'. Once they attach that label to you, you are supposed to be somehow off limits, or your words non-credible when in all actuallity the use of those terms by certain individuals on this site and in the real world should tell you more about the user than the one's being accused.....

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace queen

We have been targeted long before this term came into existance, so yes, you may catch a few people actually doing something they shouldn't. But that number is nothing in comparison to those who have been targeted and found with nothing on them, or not doing anything illegal. Just look around at all the inmates being released all of a sudden do to a lack of evidence that they actually committed any crime.

The term 'race card' was purposely made up so that ******** could have an escape route anytime their BS tactics were put to the fire..... The race card is their cool escape route because whether or not THEY (the authorities or any other purporters of the word) are wrong or not, once that term is put out their it creates REASONABLE DOUBT! So they are afforded this doubt because the media is used to hypnotize the public into to thinking that the doubt is real when in reality the doubt is an illusion for them to hide behind similar to the blue wall of silence....

peace