Black Spirituality Religion : Has Something Ever Told You?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I was walking across campus at Cal State one very dark night. Something told me to stop. Something told me I wasn't where I thought I was. Sure enough, if I hadn't stopped I would have fallen down a flight of stone steps.

Whether we call them guardian angels, ancestors, orisha, intuition, collective memory or what have you, the forces of the universe that watch over me seem to care not the least whose name I pray in or if I pray at all. There is no help or hindrance in my adherence or rejection of any particular belief system. It's all the same.

So what do we say of that "something" that tells us? Why does it warn us of things while others who have more faith, more spirituality, more righteousness, etc tumble down the steps of life? Why is it sometimes wrong? Sometimes when I ignore it nothing bad happens. Why does it sometimes tease me? Sometimes I leave home with a powerful feeling that I am forgetting something but cannot for the life of me think of what it could be.

Something told me. Really? Was it me telling me?

"The Axe is Sharp With This One"

"Oh d4mn; there he goes again!"

The interconnectedness of All things. You told you. Your Innate Spirituality.

You made the right move when you told you to question that religion stuff. As long as there is a "belief" in some "external force", a "higher power", and/or a lack of trust in One's Self this sort of "question" will continue to amaze and confound one.

For you, Sister River, it is because of your so-called "handicap": in "compensation" for your alleged "loss", other of your senses are much, much stronger. Perhaps it is a strengthening of your "radar" from practice at "feeling" ahead of yourself; you felt the change in the surface in front of you and stopped.

How do seriously advanced martial artists manage to practice their art while blindfolded? Or respond to things when all appearances would seem to indicate that they are not paying attention?

From almost forever ago, it has been "taught", "known" that there must be a "valid reason", a "visible cause" for everything but, still, there are lots of things that seemingly "can't be explained". The natural Spirituality of All Life explains All of it quite well ... but "western philosophy" insists that "there ain't no such critter".

This is the Power that Life possesses, that we are so strong in, that keeps everybody so very much "afraid" of us that keeps them doing "preemptive strikes" on us.
Believe in YourSelf.

As to that feeling of having forgotten something, I would attribute that to the fact that every event that has ever happened since that original cell subdivided to the point where the brain begins recording is still in there. Everything that impacts on the senses, whether it is "consciously" noted is, in fact, recorded by the brain. Have you ever walked through a place and, after being there for a while, "something" said "wait; what was that?" and you look around and see something that you could have sworn was not there or upon suddenly "noticing it" couldn't possibly have been missed, but was? When that "feeling" of "having forgetten something" happens, stop, clear your mind and just "feel" for a minute or two; chances are that it will "suddenly" come to you what was being "forgotten".

(More stuff for a seperated "Spirituality" forum!! Over and over, I keep seeing folks asking these sorts of questions and discussing these "things" that they keep experiencing and applying: these are basic functions of Natural Spirituality ... but who wants to believe in something that can't be touched, smelled, tasted or seen? Much easier to attribute it all to "the power of god" than to attribute it to One's Own Spiritual Power, eh?)

But you knew that I was gonna say something like this, didn't you? And you know this answer, too, don't you? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that there might even be a most "appropriate" song playing, as well.

has something...

now you know that i'm the last person to debate-religion-mysticism-occult,ect.but i too know that there is something that directs us in the right direction at times call it what you please,now i'm called oldiesman because of my love of music,well there have been several times when i have been in a record store looking for a certain song and it was right there as if it were planted there for me to find[no joke]about a year ago i was about to leave the store and as i turned toward the door in front of me on the floor was an album that i had been seeking for over twenty years as if it were put there for me to find,now i use these examples from my life,but everyone has had an experience with the[something]...good post sister river.

anAfrican said:
"Oh d4mn; there he goes again!"

The interconnectedness of All things. You told you. Your Innate Spirituality.

You made the right move when you told you to question that religion stuff. As long as there is a "belief" in some "external force", a "higher power", and/or a lack of trust in One's Self this sort of "question" will continue to amaze and confound one.

For you, Sister River, it is because of your so-called "handicap": in "compensation" for your alleged "loss", other of your senses are much, much stronger. Perhaps it is a strengthening of your "radar" from practice at "feeling" ahead of yourself; you felt the change in the surface in front of you and stopped.

How do seriously advanced martial artists manage to practice their art while blindfolded? Or respond to things when all appearances would seem to indicate that they are not paying attention?

From almost forever ago, it has been "taught", "known" that there must be a "valid reason", a "visible cause" for everything but, still, there are lots of things that seemingly "can't be explained". The natural Spirituality of All Life explains All of it quite well ... but "western philosophy" insists that "there ain't no such critter".

This is the Power that Life possesses, that we are so strong in, that keeps everybody so very much "afraid" of us that keeps them doing "preemptive strikes" on us.
Believe in YourSelf.

As to that feeling of having forgotten something, I would attribute that to the fact that every event that has ever happened since that original cell subdivided to the point where the brain begins recording is still in there. Everything that impacts on the senses, whether it is "consciously" noted is, in fact, recorded by the brain. Have you ever walked through a place and, after being there for a while, "something" said "wait; what was that?" and you look around and see something that you could have sworn was not there or upon suddenly "noticing it" couldn't possibly have been missed, but was? When that "feeling" of "having forgetten something" happens, stop, clear your mind and just "feel" for a minute or two; chances are that it will "suddenly" come to you what was being "forgotten".

(More stuff for a seperated "Spirituality" forum!! Over and over, I keep seeing folks asking these sorts of questions and discussing these "things" that they keep experiencing and applying: these are basic functions of Natural Spirituality ... but who wants to believe in something that can't be touched, smelled, tasted or seen? Much easier to attribute it all to "the power of god" than to attribute it to One's Own Spiritual Power, eh?)

But you knew that I was gonna say something like this, didn't you? And you know this answer, too, don't you? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that there might even be a most "appropriate" song playing, as well.
lol

Well actually, Hearts of Fire is playing right now. Perhaps if we give it some thought we can find something appropos to planting a flower and growing a pearl. In truth I wasn't even aware of what song was playing until you said something. Have you ever been reading a book and it's like you are sleep reading? Your eyes are gliding over the words but nothing registers to your conscious mind which is fifty million miles away.

You are right. I did not ask the question because I don't know the answers you gave but in order to get us to think about these things.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back