Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Mar 21, 2011.
can anyone come up with anything that obama and the united states has done that is good?
Maybe you need to ask yourself that question,
if folks recall your last thread you created about the president wansnt too flattering
but instead of acting the way the white Bush supporters would ask whie liberals that question for 8 long years,
why dont you sart the list of things to inspire others to ad to it
IMO, since they got flushed out of the caucasus mountains in 5900bc, they have done not one thing that is of value to this planet or anything "indigenous" to it. and, sorry; one black president is not going to turn that record around. in fact, given the history of this country, president obama is merely continuing the works that have been going on. it's just that this time, they've used a front man that keeps folks focused on the wrong hand ... again.
as they say "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
brother jamesfrmphilly; can you think of anything that ultimately proved to be worthwhile, and continued worthwhile, in all the years this country has been here?
i am referring to obama. since he has been in has he done anything at all that is good?
Not from my philosophical perspective, but if I was a statist I would agree with much he has done.
Yes, i can ...
1. He's remained alive. Many Black Men under the system of White Supremacy / Racism, have not.
2. He's remained with his Black Wife and Children. Many Black Men under the system of White Supremacy / Racism, have not.
3. He's remained free from incarceration. Many Black Men under the system of White Supremacy / Racism, have not.
4. He's remained employed. Many Black Men under the system of White Supremacy / Racism, have not.
5. He positioned himself to be the proverbial "First Black." Many Black Men under the system of White Supremacy / Racism, have not.
Brother James ... were you expecting Obama to do some stuff you or no other Black Man in the known universe has yet to accomplish?
no, there are so many cats who just dump on the brother non stop. every move he makes is this big evil.
i was just wondering if they had anything good to say or was it just all bad all the time.
is the US just this bad place where nothing good ever happens?
Okay. I understand. Thank You.
That is how White Supremacy Racism works.
It pits one Black Person against the other. President, janitor, single mother, drug dealer, entertainer, any life path, so long as they are Black.
Having us talking about (focused on) the Brother or Sister, as if we aren't as guilty of doing nothing, or of supporting the system, as they are.
It's how it is suppose to work ... and based on the evidence ... it (and us) are working perfectly.
As long as we attack each other, fellow victims of White Supremacy Racism, it is guaranteed to thrive.
In fact, word is ... it can't live without us doing this ... and it looks like we can't live without doing it.
An impressive system it is.
Things that I believe Obama has done good:
1. Helped push and signed the reversal of DADT
2. Reversed the limiting of funding for stem-cell research
3. Negotiated nuke arms reduction with Russia
4. Authorizing airstrikes Libya against Muammar Gaddafi's extreme attacks againsts his own people
5. Working to make Energy more efficient.
Now, I've got to be honest, based on my political positions, I believe Obama has done more harm than good(and I can definately give you sufficient reasoning as to why I believe that), but these are my top 5 in terms of what he's done good.
I know of more than one person whom have benefited from the Health bill allowing people with preexisting conditions to obtain health insurance.
Plus the other things mentioned by previous posters.
Much the good he has done will not take effect for a few years.
Separate names with a comma.