Black People : Has MP3/Digital Amplifiers killed Hi Fidelity Stereo Sound in the 21st century?

Isn’t that the truly bizarre thing in that technology TODAY is far more advanced, but whereas we used to check the frequency response of the cartride/cassette deck and amplifier, on a good turntable with even more focus on the range the speakers can handle; this generation don’t really CARE, truly aren’t into HI FI, are they?

For me the jury is out on whether Digital Amplifiers are actually outputting Stereo, as isn’t it a fact that a digital soundwave form is flat at both peaks and troughs in stark contrast to the sharper higher highs and lower lows of the analogue soundwave form?
Every generation has audiophiles.
As for your second question, have you had any problems on a modern telephone or television's HD broadcast?
Sound and vision are very different or is someone going to show the frequency response curve of MP3/Digital amplification in comparison to an identical track played back on vinyl; as isn’t it a fact that those analogue peaks and sharp troughs are high quality sounding music’s cutting edge?
I’m genuinely not fussed by the allegedly superior quality of HD Digital broadcast, I’m still underwhelmed with the execution of analogue TV broadcasting a few years back here in the UK [I still haven’t thrown one of my now useless analogue TV’s away even though its DEAD] in that despite still having 20/20 vision [I don’t wear or need glasses] HD broadcasts just don’t impress me overly [I’m certainly not prepared to pay more for them].

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Isn’t that the truly bizarre thing in that technology TODAY is far more advanced, but whereas we used to check the frequency response of the cartride/cassette deck and amplifier, on a good turntable with even more focus on the range the speakers can handle; this generation don’t really CARE, truly aren’t into HI FI, are they?

For me the jury is out on whether Digital Amplifiers are actually outputting Stereo, as isn’t it a fact that a digital soundwave form is flat at both peaks and troughs in stark contrast to the sharper higher highs and lower lows of the analogue soundwave form?
Sound and vision are very different or is someone going to show the frequency response curve of MP3/Digital amplification in comparison to an identical track played back on vinyl; as isn’t it a fact that those analogue peaks and sharp troughs are high quality sounding music’s cutting edge?
I’m genuinely not fussed by the allegedly superior quality of HD Digital broadcast, I’m still underwhelmed with the execution of analogue TV broadcasting a few years back here in the UK [I still haven’t thrown one of my now useless analogue TV’s away even though its DEAD] in that despite still having 20/20 vision [I don’t wear or need glasses] HD broadcasts just don’t impress me overly [I’m certainly not prepared to pay more for them].

I'm just saying it's possible to enjoy digital. I would suggest for at home just invest in the listening experience you want and for shows scream at DJs about the benefits of lossless formats.

blindfolded you cannot tell the difference between a MP3 and anything else……at least i can't
Isn’t that your impediment James, whereas I’ve been actively searching around London in general, the West End specifically for an exception, somewhere where MP3 even matches the sound quality one can take for granted from CD’s, and though a few places come close, not one of them matches or exceeds the sound quality of CD’s, thus they’d never ever be able to touch vinyl?
I can think of one nightclub that is sited in a venue I first went to 40 years ago [when I should have been studying at school] when it was one of the cheapest clubs in town, whereas TODAY it is one of the most expensive; where the sound quality on my last 4 visits wasn’t even 50% as good as it was in the 70’s, whereas right up to 10 years ago it combined the best sound system with the cheapest drinks in town; can you imagine how weird that is [MP3 Digital amplification is a disaster]?

I'm just saying it's possible to enjoy digital.

I would suggest for at home just invest in the listening experience you want and for shows scream at DJs about the benefits of lossless formats.​
Not for me it isn’t, even some of the radio stations are sometimes using MP3 which is when their usually truly excellent sound quality, plummets, can’t you folks tell the difference?
I KNOW a lot of the top DJ’s round town, there’s even a few of my generation still working regularly on the club scene and they’ve ALL gone over to MP3 [some of them were the first/5/6 years ago], including one of my good friends who [is No.1, superbly eclectic in his set] isn’t interested in EVER going back to CD’s because MP3 is cheaper.
Why?
He/they can just download the specific tracks required, whereas previously they used to have to buy CD LP’s sometimes just to get a single track, thus there’s no light at the end of the tunnel for me, is there?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back