Black People : Has John Kerry dropped out of the race?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Jun 8, 2004.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    -There are 5 months left before the November election.

-Bush is looking more vulnerable than ever (Failed mission in Iraq, no WMDs, resigning cabinet members, it was revealed that he had prior knowledge of 9/11, reports questioning his sanity).

-Bush's approval ratings are dangerously low

-No John Kerry to take advantage of his opponents vulnerability.

Kerry's failure to take advantage of Bush's weaknesses is not only disappointing....it is suspicious. Has he dropped out of the race? Is George W. Bush running unopposed? Are the American people being Bamboozelled?

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    What's new?

Queenie :spinstar:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    i've thought this too Pan ... why isn't he taking better advantage of his opponent ... when he's making it so easy for him to do ...

hmmmmm

:heart:

Destee

4. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    That's probably because Kerry's not a "real" opponent :hammer: . Personally, I was hoping the lawyer guy would win the primary but strangely Kerry got in there. Maybe, he'll choose (I know she would love that) Hillary for a running mate. I believe that will help Kerry a lot. :star:

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Maybe he's not attacking because he figures the Dubya is perfectly capable of shooting his own self in the foot with his own supply of bullets and needs no assistance from Kerry. :uzi:

A president elected without an opponent? A first yes but no stranger than a president put in office by the Supreme Court. We are a nation gone crazy. America is the only super power in the world so maybe we have reached the point where we must go the way of all past empires.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Presidential elections are five months away and the republicans continue to draw the spotlight on their party, thanks to the recent death and funeral of Reagan and the G-8 Summit. Ray Charles died and they dug deep in the archives to find a picture of him shaking hands with Reagan and daddy Bush during the Reagan administration. Bush and his compradres are hustling like ants to try and turn the new government over to the Iraqi people and he claims that America will release Hussein to the new government as soon as it is in place.

The last I saw of Kerry, he was seen standing in the Reagan Library looking at Ron's casket, paying his final respects and crossing his heart (in Catholic-style). Why are they unveiling the presidential portrait of the Clinton's now? What is Kerry doing? When and where is the Democratic Convention? What's going on? Who cares?

Queenie :spinstar:

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is all frustrating to me! It is evident in the polls that America (black & white) is ready for a change...but is Kerry the man to put in the white house? More & more he looks like the losing horse. Many people's complete and total hatred of Bush is enough to vote for Kerry. But it is also a danger to put a completely unknown (not it terms of his experience or name, but his political goals) in office. This election is a prime example of you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    It sure does look like Checkmate to me! :eek:hmy:

9. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Being an independent voter, I can agree with you on this one...

This election is a prime example of you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

I do not totally approve of the way Bush has handled the terrorist-war situation nor do I like Kerry's weak and vague stance on serious issues. I don't even feel like voting and I know this is not good. Pray for me cuz I gotta vote and should, but I'm sure not leaning towards Kerry if I do.

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I feel you Joyce,

We vote because of the shed blood of our forebearers. But they ought so that we can have choices and that is something a lot of us don't feel we have. They can't take our right to vote (yer) so they take away the substance and leave us the symbol. Still waters run deep. The real power does not lie in the presidential election. By the time we get there the choices have already been made. So where does the real power lie and how do we get some of it? Do we have the courage to fight for it? Do Blacks today have the courage to pose a real threat to the system as our forebearers did or are we content to settle for jejund symbols.