Black Education / Schools : Has college changed you?

i didnt mean - try it- and waste money- i kinda meant try ti and hope for the best and make the best out it

but see- i go to a 2 yr school and then after that u move to main campus- i hae 1 yr left there and need to get my graduatin requirements first to graduate from at school- before i go to main campus. so basically if i wanted to major in AAS and minor in somin else it wouldnt really all start til i get to mainb campus- junior yr- because i was first takin premed classes- not history classes. but im not really worrieed about when i graduate but rather hw well i do and if im happy studyin what im studyin.

this is stuff i should prolly be askin my advisor- but i want to get str8 b4 i go back to school- so then i can really be more focused when she needs me to answer questions that i dont have answers to now

the minor- sounds good thanx for the advice mrblak- but i still feel kinda lost

Personally speaking, if I were in your shoes...AAS would not be my major but my minor. Remember, even in college the curriculum is set. You can major in AAS in your own free time and with much better freedom. The medical field leaves you at the mercey of the phamacutical powers and facilities that we do not own or control. Besides, in order for you to actually learn the difference in black health and white health...you would need a whole different journey.

I would take law up. Not only because of the pay involved, but because I know that from a legal perspective, there's so many of our people who really need me as European law is used against us because we know not the loop holes. Furthermore, in terms of activism...who can be more activist or radical than a lawyer ? Who knows the ends and outs of what has, is, and will be legally going down than a lawyer ? Who knows and meets people in positions of power and influence better than a lawyer ? Just my opinion.

Oh, and in terms of ones search for truth ? It will never stop ! Once you learn the spiritual truth needed for your own personal empowerment spiritually and mentally...which of course affects the physical reality, there are other realities (illusions) that affect you and each have their own truth to them. Sometimes, believe it or not...in this physical world, one can be too spiritual.

Imagine if you embraced the purest spiritual reality of life. At that point you would not kill a roach or rat or any living thing because of your supreme understanding and harmony with it. The problem is that, the things I mentioned can not co-exist with us due to the germs and harm they present to our own life process. So one can be too spiritual...therefore balance is needed. KEITA OTIBA KENYATTA

queentswana said:
Personally speaking, if I were in your shoes...AAS would not be my major but my minor. Remember, even in college the curriculum is set. You can major in AAS in your own free time and with much better freedom. I would take law up. Not only because of the pay involved, but because I know that from a legal perspective, there's so many of our people who really need me as European law is used against us because we know not the loop holes.

Brother Keita/Sister Queentswana is telling you correct sister Daroc. I have a bachelors & 27 credits towards a masters in history (specializing in African Diapora History). You are extremely limited in what you can do with this degree. The only real option is teaching, and this severely limits your income. You can work in a museum, but the positions available are miniscule. If your interest is history, then I would also recommend studying law. Actually I am considering law school myself. Although I am older, I'm still young enough to start another career.

Oh, man.. college. I went, but still haven't finished. I am graduating from a vocational/technical school next month, though. Let's see, college. First of all, it was culutre shock for me. Even though I was in D.C., I went to George Washington University. Then, there was the course work. I went to one of the best high schhols in my city (Detroit) but I couldn't keep up. These were people who had been in prep school all their lives. Then of course, the partying, the clubs, the drinking. I learned thing abnout myself that I really didn't want to know. Picking a major? Yeah, right. I changed majors sooo many times in that one year, it wasn't even funny. What's I'm doing now has nothing to with the plans I made when I graduated from high school back in 1997. Go figure.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back