Support : Has anyone read any good books lately?

It has nothing to do with a "white" way of life, he's just prideless, worthless scum who chose to uphold white supremacy. I grew up in predominately white neighborhoods, had white friends and boyfriends....I CHOSE to make my life and children with Black men. White supremacy wins because of people like that.....how you get kicked in the face, spat on and still worship your oppressor? Whites and others have no reason to change their negative attitudes and actions towards us because people like that reward them for their disrespect and abuse. YOU teach people how to treat you and too many of us tell them that we will gratefully lick the boot that kicks us.

Yes, but there is evidence of what I said. Look at out history in this country. We begged and pleaded with Yt to fight in the Civil War, we begged him to let us carry guns, to fight in his Civil War. After the North won, we were still treated badly. Then to further garner his favor, we helped him drive the Native American off his land in the Indian Wars. And what did YT do? He still didn't treat us any better, but we kept trying. We prospered under segregation, and YT let us know in strong terms that he wanted to be separate from us. But we fought to end it, and when it did, what did we do? We kicked our black businesses to the curb and ran to Yt's store and gave our money to him, and even then we weren't treated the same as YT...This trend continues today.

Take away the economic base of a prospering community and you will it cease to exist...which is what happened to many of ours.

Much luv and respect sista!!!

Peace!

Raised by a Caribbean woman who loves white people more than life and had virtually no contact with my family ....ergo my socialization was no choice of mine and I went to 13 different schools where I was usually the outsider in the 1970s....I was usually the ONLY non white kid....this was before Asians, Indians and Latinos.
Funny thing is I was THRILLED to see other Black faces....my first crush was Michael Jackson and the kid that played Newt in The Learning Tree and Sidney Poitier not the white males that society said I should adore. Sure I watched the Brady Bunch It's only now decades later now that I understand that on several occasions my glee at seeing another Black face that was met by dismissal was due to those Black people not wanting to share their special token status or remind people of their Blackness.

In regards to the snark, I may sound like a British Valley Girl(???) at times, but I'm actually more pro Black than most Black people that never walked in the predominately white spaces I've been in. I lived in the 1980s without seeing another Black person in HS for a year until this mixed girl who ignored me came. I find it odd that people that were raised in mostly Black environments actually put white people on pedestals while an outlier like myself that knows them intimately is so not impressed nor ever desired to actually make a life or children with them.

I'm a kung fu, anime, sci fi geek Trekkie who loves rock, punk, classical music, foreign movies, museums and galleries... I can get a white man....but I'd rather a Black one, hopefully Caribbean.

....I also own The LOTR and Matrix special edition boxed sets and Godzilla is one of the great loves of my life.
you a woman? i thought you were a man.....

Raised by a Caribbean woman who loves white people more than life and had virtually no contact with my family ....ergo my socialization was no choice of mine and I went to 13 different schools where I was usually the outsider in the 1970s....I was usually the ONLY non white kid....this was before Asians, Indians and Latinos.
Funny thing is I was THRILLED to see other Black faces....my first crush was Michael Jackson and the kid that played Newt in The Learning Tree and Sidney Poitier not the white males that society said I should adore. Sure I watched the Brady Bunch It's only now decades later now that I understand that on several occasions my glee at seeing another Black face that was met by dismissal was due to those Black people not wanting to share their special token status or remind people of their Blackness.

In regards to the snark, I may sound like a British Valley Girl(???) at times, but I'm actually more pro Black than most Black people that never walked in the predominately white spaces I've been in. I lived in the 1980s without seeing another Black person in HS for a year until this mixed girl who ignored me came. I find it odd that people that were raised in mostly Black environments actually put white people on pedestals while an outlier like myself that knows them intimately is so not impressed nor ever desired to actually make a life or children with them.

I'm a kung fu, anime, sci fi geek Trekkie who loves rock, punk, classical music, foreign movies, museums and galleries... I can get a white man....but I'd rather a Black one, hopefully Caribbean.

....I also own The LOTR and Matrix special edition boxed sets and Godzilla is one of the great loves of my life.
You have my deepest sympathies! You should read Chinweizu's "Decolonizing The Afrikan Mind".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back