Black Relationships : Has anyone ever tried an on-line dating service?

I used to belong to Yahoo personals but I cancelled my subscription because the majority of the people who responded were looking for simple, casual relationships, heavily sexual in nature and nothing else. Not my cup of tea. If it were, I could get that from a brotha off the street. But, I have met some nice folks that I chat with from time to time, but unfortunately not the kind of sparks I am looking for. I have an acquaintance who met her husband through match.com and they are still together with a baby.

jazzymoonchild said:
I used to belong to Yahoo personals but I cancelled my subscription because the majority of the people who responded were looking for simple, casual relationships, heavily sexual in nature and nothing else.

Could you tell this by reading their introduction Jazzy? Or did you find this out after you started talking to them? Also did you find that people misrepresented themselves, or did they pretty much fit their self-description?

Hello, Pan

I found that alot of "gentlemen" misrepresented themselves. My response to them was "If that is what you are looking for, then go ahead, do your thing, but my ad clearly did not represent itself in that way. Neither in the way that it was written nor in the pictures selected." I don't have any ill feelings towards online dating services though, because it actually gives you a broader search. The people that I have met online over the years, I wouldn't have met at the clubs that I used to frequent, nor did we work in or around the same areas necessarily. My overall feeling is that people can misrepresent themselves on the street, club or online. There are knuckleheads (male and female) every where. Stay firm in what you are seeking and don't be bothered with those you don't wish to respond to. :wave:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back