Black People : Has anyone else given this some thought?

Astrologer4U

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
Has anyone else besides me given this some thought? I am sitting here thinking about how most of us who are here at Destee.com have to be here for at least this obvious reason, we want to share discourse with those people who are the same as us, and if at all possible, to build with those people who are just like us in terms of sharing the collective experience of what it is to be Black/African decendant/African/ Melanted. I think that most of us are sincere about that.

Here is the thing though... We have so many differences that we don't even look at what we have in common. Here are some of the differences although I am sure I have left some out.

We got the Christians debating with the Muslims

We got the Muslims debating with the Christians

We got the African based traditions debating with the Christians

We got the Christians debating with the African based traditions

We got the Muslims debating with the African based traditions

We got the African based traditions debating with the Muslims

We got the Self searchers/skeptics debating with the Astrologers

We got the Astrologers debating with the Self searchers/skeptics

We got the Vedic Astrologers debating with the Tropical Astrologers

We got the Tropical Astrologers debating with the Vedic Astrologers

We got the Self searchers/skeptics debating with both the Vedic and Tropical Astrologers

We got the so called Romanticist, debating with the so called Realist/ know it all

We got the so called Realist/ know it all debating with the so called Romanticist

We got the so called peace makers/artist who chastise us all and judges those who don't fall into place with his or hers, so called collective view.

We got us all chastising the peace makers/artist and judging the peace maker/artist for his or hers efforts.

We got the high school graduates debating with the high school drop outs.

We got the high school drop outs debating with the high school graduates.

We got the College graduates debating with the high school graduates and high school drop outs.

We got the so called followers debating with the so called leaders

We got the so called leaders debating with the so called followers

We got the soloist debating with the cliques

We got the cliques debating with the soloist

We got the so called leaders debating with both the soloist and the so called follower

We got the soloist and the so called follower debating with the so called leader.

We go the so called smart ones debating with the so called ignorant ones

We got the so called ignorant ones debating with the so called smart ones

We got the Elders debating the Young adults

We got the Young adults debating the Elders

We got un inhibited debating with the less inhibited

We got those less inhibited debating with the un inhibited

We got the limited thinkers debating the free thinkers

We got the free thinkers debating the limited thinkers

I would like to hear from anyone the things that we have in common because if we got all of the above to deal with and no commonalities, I hate to say it but we would be effed and if you think you can separate yourself from that fact, you would just be singled out, but never the less still effed.:10500:

Meanwhile, YT is watching us all fall like the tower of Babel so what does that make us all have in common outside of the obvious that I first mentioned? Are we all fools although we would like to think not?

Sometimes I feel like if white people were to capture and enslave those of us who don't agree with us, as long as YT captured the ones we disliked due to disagreeance and differences, we would feel no remorse for that brotha or sista and would probably rejoice in one less black person left to disagree with and be different than us.

If you are reading this and a little piece of you is saying "yes it's true", I would be glad if he or she who opposes me or us would disapear or was terribly injured or, I could care less one way or the other... ask yourself this.... What does loyalty mean if not tolerance for your own people?

I know that some of you are going to say that those who oppose you are not your brotha or sista and if you feel that way, ask yourself this, what is your purpose, what do you wish to accomplish by reaching out to other Africans/Black people/ African Decendants/Melanated peoples?

I don't want to see any of my people harmed, so for those of you who don't agree with me and you know that I don't agree with you, if you don't know nothing else, please know this, I wouldn't wish pain and sorrow on even my worst enemy so I sure as heck would not wish it on you. I understand though that there comes a time to make choices, when one must choose, make a fixed decision, choices that we don't want to make but must. However, those kind of choices are usually attributed to serious matters verses petty ones.

As I close I want to conclude that....

I understand silence is code for agreeance, non admittance or just plain old, "I'm not ready".

Astrologer4U

Has anyone else besides me given this some thought? I am sitting here thinking about how most of us who are here at Destee.com have to be here for at least this obvious reason, we want to share discourse with those people who are the same as us, and if at all possible, to build with those people who are just like us in terms of sharing the collective experience of what it is to be Black/African decendant/African/ Melanted. I think that most of us are sincere about that.

Here is the thing though... We have so many differences that we don't even look at what we have in common. Here are some of the differences although I am sure I have left some out.

We got the Christians debating with the Muslims

We got the Muslims debating with the Christians

We got the African based traditions debating with the Christians

We got the Christians debating with the African based traditions

We got the Muslims debating with the African based traditions

We got the African based traditions debating with the Muslims

We got the Self searchers/skeptics debating with the Astrologers

We got the Astrologers debating with the Self searchers/skeptics

We got the Vedic Astrologers debating with the Tropical Astrologers

We got the Tropical Astrologers debating with the Vedic Astrologers

We got the Self searchers/skeptics debating with both the Vedic and Tropical Astrologers

We got the so called Romanticist, debating with the so called Realist/ know it all

We got the so called Realist/ know it all debating with the so called Romanticist

We got the so called peace makers/artist who chastise us all and judges those who don't fall into place with his or hers, so called collective view.

We got us all chastising the peace makers/artist and judging the peace maker/artist for his or hers efforts.

We got the high school graduates debating with the high school drop outs.

We got the high school drop outs debating with the high school graduates.

We got the College graduates debating with the high school graduates and high school drop outs.

We got the so called followers debating with the so called leaders

We got the so called leaders debating with the so called followers

We got the soloist debating with the cliques

We got the cliques debating with the soloist

We got the so called leaders debating with both the soloist and the so called follower

We got the soloist and the so called follower debating with the so called leader.

We go the so called smart ones debating with the so called ignorant ones

We got the so called ignorant ones debating with the so called smart ones

We got the Elders debating the Young adults

We got the Young adults debating the Elders

We got un inhibited debating with the less inhibited

We got those less inhibited debating with the un inhibited

We got the limited thinkers debating the free thinkers

We got the free thinkers debating the limited thinkers

I would like to hear from anyone the things that we have in common because if we got all of the above to deal with and no commonalities, I hate to say it but we would be effed and if you think you can separate yourself from that fact, you would just be singled out, but never the less still effed.:10500:

Meanwhile, YT is watching us all fall like the tower of Babel so what does that make us all have in common outside of the obvious that I first mentioned? Are we all fools although we would like to think not?

Sometimes I feel like if white people were to capture and enslave those of us who don't agree with us, as long as YT captured the ones we disliked due to disagreeance and differences, we would feel no remorse for that brotha or sista and would probably rejoice in one less black person left to disagree with and be different than us.

If you are reading this and a little piece of you is saying "yes it's true", I would be glad if he or she who opposes me or us would disapear or was terribly injured or, I could care less one way or the other... ask yourself this.... What does loyalty mean if not tolerance for your own people?

I know that some of you are going to say that those who oppose you are not your brotha or sista and if you feel that way, ask yourself this, what is your purpose, what do you wish to accomplish by reaching out to other Africans/Black people/ African Decendants/Melanated peoples?

I don't want to see any of my people harmed, so for those of you who don't agree with me and you know that I don't agree with you, if you don't know nothing else, please know this, I wouldn't wish pain and sorrow on even my worst enemy so I sure as heck would not wish it on you. I understand though that there comes a time to make choices, when one must choose, make a fixed decision, choices that we don't want to make but must. However, those kind of choices are usually attributed to serious matters verses petty ones.

As I close I want to conclude that....

I understand silence is code for agreeance, non admittance or just plain old, "I'm not ready".

Astrologer4U
The point is with an economic Katrina around the corner, why are we so hard focused on creating methods to escape a need for Black unity.

Like Malcolm said we don't catch hell because of our differences we catch hell becuase we are Black

But it just boils down to if folks enjoy unfiying and working together fpor the common good ,
and that is where their heart is ,

THEY WILL DO IT!

But if they feel it is more fun to just come to a place and continue old battles rather then..
povide information or solutions,

then folks have a right to hate if that is where thier heart is at!

Some things will change and some will not

Interesting.

To me debating is like the duality of the universe it's all the same. There are things where there is and should be no debate, yet we find a way to debate.

Debating is one and the same, just 2 differents ends of the spectrum. It's like heat debating cold when BOTH are temperatures, like love debating hate when BOTH are emotions, like joy debating pain when BOTH are feelings.

So when i see debates, I see people debating people when BOTH are people.

What does loyalty mean if not tolerance for your own people?

IMO, "tolerance" and "loyalty" are not synonymous.

"Loyalty" does not mean condoning wrong-doing.

I am "tolerant" of even some family members. I do not wish them harm nor would seek to harm them. But I also would not protect/enable them or lie for them when they've done wrong.

Even as a child, I and my siblings let each other fight our own fights as long as it was one-on-one...And if one of us started the fight or provoked it, then, you needed to take your lumps. ----We wouldn't let somebody else just beat cha down; but if you started it, you were gonna finish it.

However, this was not the philosophy of other families in the community. Even if one of their relative started the fight, they would ALL jump in it to defend/protect their brother/sister/cousin, etc..---For them, that was their familial "loyalty."

"the so called peace makers/artist who try's to empower us all and judges those who don't fall into place with his, so called collective view".

I guess I fall into this one. Any way, I do think it's good to debate some, as long as it does not go over board. I know that there are more pressing issues at hand. But the moments I get to read and respond to you guys are about all i get in my days.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back