Black People : Has a non-black/non-white person ever shown compassion for a black person?

I'm Latina, born and raised in Texas, but some people assume I'm an illegal alien because I've an accent or whatever. I understand what's like being discriminated by the police, bosses and/or workers...of all races.

I've empathy for a lot of people in America, not just Blacks.

Well, seeing that his question didn't even hint at it being "just blacks", but simply asking of cases where compassion has been shown to blacks, at all, by non white or black persons, I doubt any would have assumed.

i should think other non whites run the whole spectrum from those that cant stand the site of us to those whod stand beside us - an im not sure you can work out whos who from whatever nation there from - ive travelled quite a bit - met nice people and horrible people all over - truely compassionate people id say tend to be compasionate to whoever needs it

I wasn't sure what term to use. I was gong to say non-black person of color but I figured that would've caused some sort of debate. Basically I'm referring to Latino, Asian,Indian etc.

Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes a site will attempt to lump people of color together in solidarity. I was for it for awhile until I started reading up on how other "people of color" feel about blacks. Like how many countries see marrying blacks as "beneath" them. Or how they believe all blacks are criminals. Or whatever other dumb reasons.

So I ask you. When have any of those people ever show compassion for a black person? And no, I don't count giving to a relief fund or any other charity. I mean real face-to-face compassion. Something that says "I see you" and " I understand your pain".

When it comes to African-Americans, I believe a majority of the non-blacks you're speaking of (Asian, Hispanic, Indian, etc...) don't have the compassion for us that I believe you're trying to describe...anyway, nowhere near the kind we tend to have for them, the kind which causes us to have a more inclusive attitude towards them than the other way around. I picked this up from years of working around some of them, and sometimes living around them. A lot of them, including the black foreigners with straight hair sometimes, for example the Ethiopians, have jealousy and envy towards us that almost rival the kind PWT have for us when we start to advance. This is more easy to detect in PWT, but it can easily slip pass your radar when it comes to the non-whites you're speaking of. The PWT have so much hate for blacks that it's harder for them to hide it, even in public. Where as the rest of the non-blacks are a little more discreet about it, and tend to show it more when you get alone with one of them.

I discovered that the majority of non-blacks here in the U.S. feel more better viewing you as a criminal, or whatever for similar and sometimes dumber reasons than the whites do. In other words, with the U.S. being a Capitalist society, you will find more of them competing with us for resources instead. Like Dr. Claude Anderson said, "A Hispanic person in America is nothing but a white person talking Spanish". Therefore no, you won't find too much compassion here for blacks coming from those groups of non-whites. Now I don't believe every single non-white is like this, but you might be surprised what you discover. On that note, I'm can't speak on it from a dating perspective, where you could see even more of this. I'm talking about the attitude many of them have as a group, whether it's a subconscious or conscious attitude.

I want to give an example of what I mean by a subconscious attitude many of them have towards African-Americas. There is this foreign guy who works at one of the nearby gas stations. Although it's obvious he's foreign, he almost looks black. Anyway, one day I was buying some Doritos and a soft drink. When I got to him, I realized I left my wallet at home. So I told him I would be back. It took about 20 or 25 minutes for me to go home, get my wallet, and come back. So when I got back to the store, I got back in line, which was relatively long for that gas station as usual. Anyway, when I got in the back of the line, the same foreign cashier waved the same chips and soda at me that I left at his cashier, however he never told me to come forward to the front of the line. I had this happen to me for a long time by this Hispanic pharmacist, at this drug store near me. After I would leave my prescription info on their automated phone service and come to pick it up, he would announce my name while I was way in the back of the line, but never waving me to come forward or showing me my medication, meanwhile I'm thinking he's being nice by acknowledging me over everybody else, just to find out he was just messing with me. I found this out about that pharmacist a little later from a few other incidents that just didn't seem to add up, however I won't go into that now.

Getting back to this foreign gas station clerk, I noticed he was doing something similar by waving my items at me when I returned to the store and got back in line, but never waiving me forward. It was bad enough noticing that similar pattern from that pharmacist, but this guy was actually expecting me to buy that same soft drink that's been setting out of the freezer for almost a half hour". So when I got to the front, the white lady that was previously in front of me had forgot to buy something. So instead of making her wait in line, he waved her in front of me when she found her item, which didn't take but a few seconds, and I had no problem with that...usually it's a much longer wait. She hesitated when she saw me standing behind her being next in line, but I told her it was no problem. But this little situation with the white lady getting back in line made me that much more eager to confront this cashier about expecting me to buy a soft-drink that's been sitting out, and it made me go ahead and tell him what I felt about making me stand it line after waving at me and acknowledging me. First I told him to hold on as I went to get me a fresh cold bottle out the freezer. Second I told him in a semi-polite way that whether he was doing it intentionally or not, to not wave at me in the back of the line, without calling me to the front of the line. Him expecting me to buy that soft drink that had been sitting out, made me peep through that fake kindness act he was putting on. It may not have been his intent, but it felt like he was telling me that soda bottle wasn't worthy of re-selling, as if I'd already opened it and put my lips on it, and drunk some. That plus that waving at me, but still making me wait behind all those white people, like that Hispanic pharmacist kept doing, kind of struck a nerve that day. Since when do a cashier shout your name, or wave at you while your way in the back of the line, then set their and let you wait along with everybody else. Anyway, this gas station clerk almost caught an attitude, and told me he was just being nice, and didn't want me to have to spend time getting another soft drink and bag of Doritos. But he felt it was okay to let me spend all that time standing in that long line again. Perhaps he felt like I wasn't good enough for him to put the old Doritos and soft drink back. I told him it would have been better if he had just did nothing and let me get fresh items, and let me wait back in line. He couldn't even lie and say he waived for me to come forward, and that I misunderstood him or something and didn't come forward. That's what I mean by subconscious or conscious. It's real, and it's in a lot of them. I guess that was him showing compassion. As for that Hispanic pharmacist, who I did eventually get on, however about another incident, I changed my pharmacist altogether.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back