Black People : Harriett Tubman House ; Community housing, and center , has been sold in Boston

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
"In May, leaders at USES told tenants that they had 90 days to leave the building (the original deadline was since extended to Nov. 30). Four of the nonprofit organizations under USES’ lease — Multicultural AIDS Coalition, Boston Prime Timers, Boston Debate League and Montessori Parent Child Center — agreed. USES and the development company worked to permanently relocate the four groups to new buildings close to the neighborhood. "

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
"In May, leaders at USES told tenants that they had 90 days to leave the building (the original deadline was since extended to Nov. 30). Four of the nonprofit organizations under USES’ lease — Multicultural AIDS Coalition, Boston Prime Timers, Boston Debate League and Montessori Parent Child Center — agreed. USES and the development company worked to permanently relocate the four groups to new buildings close to the neighborhood. "

Thank you so much for sharing this article and the knowledge it contains. How sad. And we're on the eve of seeing a film about the life and times of Harriet. Our history is important to us but, unfortunately, it is intertwined with the history of oppression of our people. Just as archeologists continue to find evidence of ancient civilizations, we must be diligent in preserving who we are to insure that we will be discovered again by future generations. Hopefully, there will still be Black people around to recognize and honor us.

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
Just like Black millionaires , in the past held , up and invested in the community the movements as well as Historical edifices , in the past
gettyimages-513889447-1024x1024.jpg

tumblr_lqvth10rnm1qfloj5o1_500.jpg

african-american-athletes-at-news-conference-af400c2cb31b07a9.jpg

So should they in the Milenium as well
rapmoguls_wp.jpg

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.