Black Relationships : HARD-WIRING OF WOMEN...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Greetings Sisters and Ladies! Just wanted to engage you, and pose a few questions so that I, and our brothers might better KNOW you...

Firstly the title of my thread might throw you a little if you have not worked in the electronic/electrical trades, so let me try to explain it in as few words as possible... As an electronics technician installing security systems for ?D? back in the days, we used two kinds of systems, hard-wire(the most common), and RF(radio frequency)wireless systems... Hard-wire systems require bringing HARD wires to a system or device, and those wires generally have a set and pre-determined purpose... Same with our hard-wiring as human beings, hence I'm using that term in that context here... Hard-Wired systems by GOD, you might call it...

This concept has occured to me in recent years when I began to take an interest in animal-human behavior/psychology, and began to see similarities in the behaviour of humans and animals, as if all life on this planet has particular universal behaviors endoded/hard-wired into our brains... I notice that animal and human females have a particular affinity for family and children, and males for hunting and serving as protectors of territory. Of course, females are extremely protective of territory, and are great hunters in both the animal and human kingdoms, so my hypothesis and observations are tentatively-held beliefs, and not based on facts, as it were...

What I want to know from ladies is, do you believe that you have a particular hard-wiring that predisposes you to certain behaviors, and that males have that same hard-wiring??? If so, can you name them, either from personal or over-all observations??? For example, looking back on my childhood, at 11 or 12 I thought females were "yucky", and in a little less than a blink of an eye on the human calendar(age 13), I could not think of nothing I'd rather do than be next to a "yucky" little girl( a test paper with nothin' but my name on it!)... To this day, I don't understand what happened, IT happened so fast(smile!) I can explain it no other way but to attribute it to those universal encodings that changed my voice, and caused me to erections even when I didn't have to go to the bathroom...

Sorry for rambling... Hope you guys understand the nature of this question...

Peace!
Isaiah

Hmmmm....

I can remember as a young child being drawn to the babydoll. It felt so natural wanting to care for those sweet little dolls with the big sad eyes. Now my brothers, on the other hand, was interested in those sweet little babies too. But when they got two of them together, Lo' and Behold, my little babies would turn into two super acrobatic ninja fighting Power Rangers. And when they exhausted the power within those dolls, I became their exclusive super ninja fighting opponent.
:karate: vs :hulk:

Until this very day, I have the same attraction to the babies as I did when I was younger, and my brothers still find time to vulcan pinch the nerves just above my shoulder blades when opportunity arises. Whew! hahaha you took me down memory lane.

But anyhow, I'm not sure if these attractions are natural hard-wiring, or gently coerced conditioning. When people see a little girl child, the first thing they often say is "Ohhhh! She's so sweet. I wanna just kiss her face." When they see a little boy they say "He is so handsome and strong. Just look at those hands."

Sorry if I didn't answer your question but it was fun looking into the past for a common experience.

I'm looking forward to hearing other's perspectives as well.

Hmmmmm *thinking*

Brother Isaiah, this is a very interesting question that you have asked. I may need to think about it some more, but here is my initial response.

I don't know that I'm necessarily "hard wired" as a female. I'm thinking of hardwiring in terms of biological construction. As fetuses, we're the same, male and female, except something happens in the process of fetal development that changes us into the physical form that we were eventually born as. The only predisposition biologically that I can think of is how we are designed to procreate. Other than that, are we really so different?

On the other hand, there are things that happen to us after birth that can be equated to software, which we know must be installed in the computer in order for it to function. Different cultures install different software. In humans I refer to this as socialization. This is information we take in externally from our environment--parents, friends, family, church, teachers, etc. For example, girls wear pink; boys wear blue. Girls play with dolls; boys play with trucks. Girls prefer the arts; boys prefer science. I think these are mostly learned behaviors.

I'm even wondering whether our sexual preferences stem more from the way we are socialized as opposed to our biologocal construct. Or maybe it's a combination of the two where there is some predisposition to begin with, then as a result of our socialization, we are able to find that equilibrium we need to make our choices in a mate. Maybe they have to work in synch for people to feel "balanced."

I'll think more on it and get back to you if I have something more I'd like to add. Meanwhile, I look forward to other comments.

Queenie :spinstar:

Ladies, Zakia, Purple, and Queenie, thanks for your responses!

Purple, your experience is kind of what I am talking about... How we unconsciously "drift" and tend toward female and male roles without the socialization and conditioning process Queenie talked about in her post... Like I never had a thing for dolls, and I imagine most males don't... I think there may be a lot of both the natural hard-wiring and the socialization at play...

Once I saw a special on 20-20, where a pair of Canadian twins had been born amorphites, or with out sex organs... The doctors immediately decided upon "giving" them a sexual identity through surgical creation of sexual organs... It was all good until these children came into their adolescent, and the female child demonstrated an affinity for girls, and the male child the opposite... There were other signs, as well, but that was the most outstanding... The male child, stripped of his manhood, later committed suicide, and the female child went on to marry anothe female, though complained of a lifetime deep mental anguish over having had this operation done on her... Now, how could that be about socialization??? Hmmmm...

Peace!
Isaiah

Nature vs. Nurture.....

"Once I saw a special on 20-20, where a pair of Canadian twins had been born amorphites, or with out sex organs... The doctors immediately decided upon "giving" them a sexual identity through surgical creation of sexual organs... It was all good until these children came into their adolescent, and the female child demonstrated an affinity for girls, and the male child the opposite... There were other signs, as well, but that was the most outstanding... The male child, stripped of his manhood, later committed suicide, and the female child went on to marry anothe female, though complained of a lifetime deep mental anguish over having had this operation done on her... Now, how could that be about socialization??? Hmmmm..."

That could have all depended upon whether or not the children were exposed to any "alternative" lifestyles" during their upbringing.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back