Black People : Happy Independence Day...Yeah Right.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I was In a "Q" joint today, and this white guy when he got his food told the sista behind the counter "happy Independence day". She,I, and others just had that blank look on our faces. I don't know what they were thinking, maybe it was the samething I was thinking.

"This day is not for us"......and it isn't.

But he had this big smile on his face as if he wanted us to be just as joyous.

Me personally see this day as a day off with pay...nothing more, nothing less.

Oh..and I get to set off explosives.

But to celebrate as if my race was included in this victory, and to think these words below was written with us in mind is foolish, and shows a lack of knowledge of our history in this country.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Peace!

I was In a "Q" joint today, and this white guy when he got his food told the sista behind the counter "happy Independence day". She,I, and others just had that blank look on our faces. I don't know what they were thinking, maybe it was the samething I was thinking.

"This day is not for us"......and it isn't.

But he had this big smile on his face as if he wanted us to be just as joyous.

Me personally see this day as a day off with pay...nothing more, nothing less.

Oh..and I get to set off explosives.

But to celebrate as if my race was included in this victory, and to think these words below was written with us in mind is foolish, and shows a lack of knowledge of our history in this country.

Peace!
I Think of Independence day in the same manner just another day off, get with family and friends and have fun. I have already told my kids about this day.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back