Black Poetry : Happy Father's Day My Brothers

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Heartbeat, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    For my brothers who spend more time with their children than they do money on them....you understand the value of each

For my brothers who listen to their children as if what they say is the most important thing on earth.....If no one else, they know you will listen

For my brothers who don't demand what they don't explain...You know what a child's mind needs from you

For my brothers who respect their children's mother.....You know much is learned by what a child sees

For my brothers who sit through the music concerts, the plays, the t-ball games no matter how bad, thinking only that my child is in it.......You understand what it means to them

For my brothers who teach, discipline, encourage, love, support, and inspire the fruit of their blessed seed...You embrace and live to demonstrate that it is all about them...Not about you.

Happy Father's Day!

BE

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    HEARTBEAT

THIS HIT MY HOUSE LIKE A BOX OF BRICKS
    YA KNOW THATS RIGHT
    THANX MY YA DAY BE AS BRIGHT
    FATHER'S DAY...........................
    :toast:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Happy Father's Day to you Heartbeat
    and to all the Father's that live here

Happy Father's Day Yall

:heart:

Destee

4. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    Thank you Mame.

BE

5. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    BE...you said it well.

it's interesting how the children of such a father will never DISRESPECT a woman. that's not the example they know.

TYTE.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    uppin tis praise to the men ....

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    BLESSED are the FATHER'S

Heartbeat
    Thank you for the post.

It is very important to spend time with your children. These two quotes remind me and had me reflecting on the efforts it takes to make the important things happen.
    I wouldn't change a thing. From the day of conception to date. I first placed myself in the life of their mother.

She had to have the things needed to bring into the world our child. So the sacrifice began. I gave up working that extra hour, because the time the mother deserved was clear. I was home every evening before the sunset making sure she was eating good food that I prepared.

The cost of life is enormous. The number is above a mill. One life to be born and raised to adulthood puts a burden on the old thrills. Those old thrills I didn't miss. The clubs I gave up quick. There was a life that was being born and my dedication was to that.

I traveled once on bus and train to get her favorite meal. It had to be this meal she requested and nothing else. I knew her cravings were hers and the child’s.

So I stood on the bus stop and traveled those miles. I still get ridiculed about this to this day. But I would do it all over again. This is being the father to me. Providing… for no request large or small should ever get in the way of providing for yours.

It takes tons of cash to raise a child. It takes plenty of giving up ( sacrifice, give up, do without ) to be a father.

Where did I get this character in me. It was taught by a person who is truly free My Mother.

For as I recall she did the same for all of her children and she has nine. I will call her today. To say I love how she gave un-relentlessly to me her love.

Today is her Birthday too.

My two are twenty two and seventeen. They have what I gave them my time to them. There was lots of cash that went as well. But I am still healthy enough to make me some more.

On this Fathers day. I get to call the shots. Spend time with them relaxing or running around a lot. I know what I have passed to them is something good I know. That a father is important. Sacrifice is made when your family is dear.
    It doesn’t scar you or shouldn’t scare you to give love without fear. Respect and Obedience they give me all the time. I only have to say once my preference of mind.

Now my father didn’t add all he could in my life. He wasn’t there with us on many day’s nights. But to him goes the love he deserves because. He is my Father and I give him all the respect he deserves.

In life understand the love you must give. Is the love naturally embedded in the living being of each of us.

Regardless of how much or how little you received.

If you had any love from anyone. Then you are capable of giving love.

If I were bitter because time and love from my father was not always there. It would no end to the detriment we see all around us.

This I learned very early in life. Honor ( respect ) thy MOTHER and FATHER!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!